Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Epson.ca] 3LCD projectors 40%+ off clearance (refurb) sales.

Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4966 posts
263 upvotes
I ended up replacing my screen today with an Elunevision 106" 1.2 gain - wtf. What a world of a difference with the 2040!!! Lights on or off, no impact to picture. Sure sharpness isn't as good as my Vizio but the immersion is truly enjoyable now. 1440 is packed up and ready to go back. I'm prolly gonna stick with the 2040 now and not get the 4030.

I was previously using a grey screen with a negative gain of .8.

Lesson of the day - screen and gain matters!!
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Sep 6, 2015
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shampoo wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 11:26 pm
aasoror wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 1:53 pm
shampoo wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 12:24 am

I have the same problem. I have been trying to get a replacement but it is never in stock. So my options are either wait for it to be in stock or get a refund.
Ask for the latest you can return it for a refund and tell them that this is your dead line for an exchange (you don't need to wait till for the e-outlet to restock as warranty replacement will take priority over outlet stock).
I think I can return within a month for a refund but I dont want a refund I want a replacement. I have called many times and they just simply check the online stock. They don't have a way to 'hold' stock for warranty replacement. :(
I think they just don't want to send you replacement. I got mine last week. The unit was keep shutting down everytime after running 10-30mins. I called the service center. They sent me the replacement right the way even the website shows out of stock. Also They will pick up the defect one after replacement arrived.
Dec 27, 2007
18206 posts
9359 upvotes
Kitchener
koontzy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2016 8:00 am
Anyone tried a Darbee box ? I've heard it can make the picture way sharper.. It's around 200$
Epson's own CFI and image enhancement presets should be comparable to Darbee. Check the review below from someone switching from a Darbee equipped Optoma to the 2040.

https://www.amazon.com/Epson-Cinema-108 ... B014D7XHDC
Jan 16, 2014
43 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
what screen do you guys use? I am trying to find an affordable 120" option that can handle moderate ambient light
Jul 11, 2005
887 posts
27 upvotes
slammergu wrote:
Aug 9th, 2016 5:48 pm
shampoo wrote:
aasoror wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 1:53 pm

Ask for the latest you can return it for a refund and tell them that this is your dead line for an exchange (you don't need to wait till for the e-outlet to restock as warranty replacement will take priority over outlet stock).
I think I can return within a month for a refund but I dont want a refund I want a replacement. I have called many times and they just simply check the online stock. They don't have a way to 'hold' stock for warranty replacement. :(
I think they just don't want to send you replacement. I got mine last week. The unit was keep shutting down everytime after running 10-30mins. I called the service center. They sent me the replacement right the way even the website shows out of stock. Also They will pick up the defect one after replacement arrived.
I have been calling for more than a week now and they always tell me it is not in stock and there is nothing they can do about it. For the first time today i got a CSR who bothered to check the warehouse stock but still no luck. It is still not in stock.

Which phone number did you call? Can you please share, maybe that will make a difference.
Sep 6, 2015
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shampoo wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 1:22 am
slammergu wrote:
shampoo wrote:

I have been calling for more than a week now and they always tell me it is not in stock and there is nothing they can do about it. For the first time today i got a CSR who bothered to check the warehouse stock but still no luck. It is still not in stock.

Which phone number did you call? Can you please share, maybe that will make a difference.
1-800-637-7661. When I asked them about the stock, they told me they have a lot in stock. Probably they consider noisy fan is not a defect. "Not in stock" is just their excuse.
Jul 11, 2005
887 posts
27 upvotes
slammergu wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 1:48 am
shampoo wrote:
slammergu wrote:

1-800-637-7661. When I asked them about the stock, they told me they have a lot in stock. Probably they consider noisy fan is not a defect. "Not in stock" is just their excuse.
I just called them and the guy first told me it is in stock and i need to contact the other # which i have been calling for a replacement. Then he realized that my unit is refurbished and he was checking new unit stock. He said he can't check refurbish stock and i need to contact the other #. So no luck :(

Maybe you got a new unit by mistake?
Sep 6, 2015
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shampoo wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 12:44 pm
slammergu wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 1:48 am
shampoo wrote:

I just called them and the guy first told me it is in stock and i need to contact the other # which i have been calling for a replacement. Then he realized that my unit is refurbished and he was checking new unit stock. He said he can't check refurbish stock and i need to contact the other #. So no luck :(

Maybe you got a new unit by mistake?
I will update info when I receive my replacement.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
My Home Cinema 1040 just arrived at Purolator. I can't wait to pick it up and test it!
Oct 24, 2008
854 posts
483 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 2:29 pm
My Home Cinema 1040 just arrived at Purolator. I can't wait to pick it up and test it!
Let me know how it goes. Also interested in the 1040
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4966 posts
263 upvotes
4030 is sold out now but they stocked with the 5025ub... That is one sharp projector! Who wants to buy my Vizio? ;)
Jan 27, 2011
254 posts
53 upvotes
TypeVR6 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2016 12:53 pm
4030 is sold out now but they stocked with the 5025ub... That is one sharp projector! Who wants to buy my Vizio? ;)
What can the 5025ub do that the 2040 can't do? (other than better image quality and lens shifting). Just trying to understand why the 5025ub is $1,000 more expensive than the 2040? To me, the 2040 produces near perfect picture quality (minus the blacks that could be a little better). Right now, the only thing bothering me about the 2040 is the insanely loud fan...
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4966 posts
263 upvotes
paubryboyle wrote:
Aug 11th, 2016 4:26 pm
TypeVR6 wrote:
What can the 5025ub do that the 2040 can't do? (other than better image quality and lens shifting). Just trying to understand why the 5025ub is $1,000 more expensive than the 2040? To me, the 2040 produces near perfect picture quality (minus the blacks that could be a little better). Right now, the only thing bothering me about the 2040 is the insanely loud fan...
Sorry to say but it's not near perfect, it's adequate. 5025 is the same unit as the 5030 with a few less lumens.

At the end of the day, the 2040 is an entry level projector and only attractive due to cost and features. 4030/5025/5030 are a different class all together.
Dec 27, 2007
18206 posts
9359 upvotes
Kitchener
paubryboyle wrote:
Aug 11th, 2016 4:26 pm
TypeVR6 wrote:
other than better image quality and lens shifting.
That is more than enough reason :) but whether or not it justifies the price difference really depends on each individual (budget/setup).