Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Epson.ca] 3LCD projectors 40%+ off clearance (refurb) sales.

Dec 26, 2007
128 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
alfietopshelfie wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 2:01 pm
How does that fit in with the 3100 and the 3700? Different model year?

3100 really seems to hit my budget and feature set. I don't need onboard speakers.
3100 is a newer model, that replaced the 3000...
Jan 19, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
Legatinho wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 1:57 pm
I was quite tempted to buy, but already got the 4030, so wife said NO! :'(
Thanks to your wife, I snatched it. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2295 posts
312 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 11:50 am
I faced your experience many times before ( over the last month with my Capital one card with different retailers) , I used to get so upset especially when it's very limited deal and and it's not available to order if my order is cancelled,everytime I used to call the credit card issuer and the retailers and they keep me around like a monkey in the middle,I noticed that this problem happens at night time (between 11:00 PM-5:00 AM),sometimes it's the retailer fault (Sephora,TRU) and sometimes it's the bank fault.
Now I learnt if that happens to me,re order it again (within daytime) ,if no ,try a different credit card,if no go,forget about it and I stop wasting my time.
Thanks for the feedback. In this case, it isn't the credit card provider - it is Epson. If you search through this thread, elsewhere on RFD and in other forums, you'll find lots of posts with other people talking about cancelled Epson orders. Aside from all the other complaints by other people I've been reading, I've also never had this issue with any other merchant in the almost 20 years I've been using my credit card. Thousands of transactions with none of this nonsense. Anyhow, because I'm a sucker for punishment, I even placed a second order and spent another hour on the phone with them last night. The so-called "CSR" was one of the most unhelpful, robotic and ignorant people I've ever dealt with in customer service. She even mocked me for suggesting that anyone else had had the same issue I was reporting. She kept stating that if I had provided the proper shipping address, the order would have gone through despite the fact I told her no less than half a dozen times that the address was correct and that the bank had already authorized the charge. I told her I'd placed a second order and that I expected her to put a note on the file for follow up to ensure the same thing didn't happen again. She just bascially just laughed at me and told me to call back if the same thing happened. I asked for a customer relations number and she refused to provide it. I eventually ended the conversation as it was going nowhere.

At mid day today, I got an E-Mail from Epson. Surprise, surprise....guess what it said? I was going to call their corporate office (I unearthed their number after much digging) and try to locate someone in a suit who cares about the fact the company of being denied $1000s in revenue due to idiocy or perhaps even purposeful sabotage of legitimate orders but in the end I can't be bothered. I've wasted far too much time on this and I've decided to give my money to Amazon/BenQ (HT2050), both of whom have always treated me with respect.

http://global.epson.com/SR/customer_commitment/

What a joke.
Last edited by txenglan on Mar 14th, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3168 posts
291 upvotes
Oakville
BRAND NEW Epson Home PowerLite 2030 models are $499.99 at Staples...
Jul 27, 2008
274 posts
361 upvotes
I saw your other thread where you had posted this on the 10% off. Day I tried searching the product code that was given but it couldn't find the number. Can you repost the number? How were you able to find this model at Staples?
Jul 27, 2008
274 posts
361 upvotes
x-batman wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 4:47 pm
BRAND NEW Epson Home PowerLite 2030 models are $499.99 at Staples...
Crap, forgot to quote it.

I saw your other thread where you had posted this on the 10% off. Day I tried searching the product code that was given but it couldn't find the number. Can you repost the number? How were you able to find this model at Staples?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3168 posts
291 upvotes
Oakville
sniper_ wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 7:22 pm
Crap, forgot to quote it.

Hope this helps you!

http://m.imgur.com/7ABVKD2
Jan 19, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
jaguar20100 wrote: Thanks to your wife, I snatched it. :)
Shit, they cancelled my order today. The rep says because they don't have any in stock. Now i am not sure whether they never had any in stock or someone else ordered before me. Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns Crying FaceCrying Face
Dec 26, 2007
128 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
jaguar20100 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:58 am
Shit, they cancelled my order today. The rep says because they don't have any in stock. Now i am not sure whether they never had any in stock or someone else ordered before me. Smiling Face With HornsSmiling Face With Horns Crying FaceCrying Face
ouch, that's terrible! It was a crazy good deal on the 5030!
Nov 20, 2012
203 posts
80 upvotes
OTTAWA
The 5030 ($1878) and 5025 ($1599) are back in stock!
Jan 19, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
cruban wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:13 am
The 5030 ($1878) and 5025 ($1599) are back in stock!
ordered 5030 again! fingers crossed.
Sep 26, 2012
804 posts
82 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
4030 is also there but have to call. Considered but I sometimes watch with a few lights on, from what I read this one preforms best in dark.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel