Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$4,000 Cash Rebate on most trims of 2019 Santa Fe - AWD Essential Safety Package invoice price $28,659+tax; or $469 72m

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 2:42 pm
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
someone16 wrote: Think I'm just old school but sticking to 6 months isn't that bad of an idea if you want to keep it for a long time. You wouldn't know the effect of the longer oil change interval until years later then it'll be too late.

Also remember to check the oil level every once in a while if you go for 12 month oil changes. Alot of times it's low oil level that kills engines.
Aren't there low oil indicators? I believe they have it in my 2013 volvo.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16013 posts
7479 upvotes
RFD
azncapcom wrote: anyone know if they will void your warranty claim if you don't service through them? It will be a huge cash grab for them if following their 3 month intervals...
You can call Hyundai directly and ask. A reddit poster I came across few years back said Hyundai Canada told them they technically do not need to service at the dealer, they could go to an independent mechanic, but they just need documentation and receipts of what was done. They cannot deny warranty, well as long as you have proper documentation and receipts.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16013 posts
7479 upvotes
RFD
sixer wrote: At end of day it's a Korean car with a Kia/Hyundai badge your driving. No thanks, it's budget oriented for a reason.
Still beats and better than American trash and better than some Japanese brands and Germans

Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: You can call Hyundai directly and ask. A reddit poster I came across few years back said Hyundai Canada told them they technically do not need to service at the dealer, they could go to an independent mechanic, but they just need documentation and receipts of what was done. They cannot deny warranty, well as long as you have proper documentation and receipts.
The indy mechanic will definitely save a bit... but the 3 month interval will still be the kicker... overall maintenance cost would be much higher.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4657 posts
1385 upvotes
Guelph, ON
[/quote]

Still beats and better than American trash and better than some Japanese brands and Germans

Image[/quote]

There is a reason Korean cars like Kia and Hyundai consistently need to be sold with 0% financing for eternity and are priced lower. Cheaper materials, overall refinement not the same, hard plastic materials, they're not in same league as Honda and Toyota, plain and simple.

If you don't mind a Korean badge, go for it, just don't expect any decent resale value.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1791 posts
1181 upvotes
Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: Aren't there low oil indicators? I believe they have it in my 2013 volvo.
Depending on the car. Usually you check the level through the dipstick. For most cars, the "low oil" light is a low engine oil pressure light, but only goes on when you are really really low on oil. You would have already done damage if that light goes on while driving.

Other brands (mostly european brands like BMW) don't use a dipstick, but rather use an electronic oil level sensor. In that case when it says low on oil it would be like having the dipstick read on the bottom mark. In that case if you add the appropriate amount (usually 1L) back you won't damage the engine.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16013 posts
7479 upvotes
RFD
Hard plastic materials are in everything nowadays, you talk as if Honda and Toyota don't have hard plastic in their interiors which is false. My boss' Highlander that costs over $50,000 has lots of hard plastic in its interior. My cousins BMW X5 has hard plastic interior. I've seen the same in Hondas and Toyotas.
sixer wrote:

Image[/quote]

There is a reason Korean cars like Kia and Hyundai consistently need to be sold with 0% financing for eternity and are priced lower. Cheaper materials, overall refinement not the same, hard plastic materials, they're not in same league as Honda and Toyota, plain and simple.

If you don't mind a Korean badge, go for it, just don't expect any decent resale value.
[/quote]
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Still beats and better than American trash and better than some Japanese brands and Germans

Why is the reliability for tesla so low? It's supposed to be the most reliable due to so little parts?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1430 posts
1157 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Why is the reliability for tesla so low? It's supposed to be the most reliable due to so little parts?
Probably because they have limited car manufacturing exp relative to others
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: Probably because they have limited car manufacturing exp relative to others
This is supposed to be data driven. You can't have people speculating the reliability of a vehicle as they see fit.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote: This is supposed to be data driven. You can't have people speculating the reliability of a vehicle as they see fit.
Tesla has had tons of embarrassing reliability problems. Their door handles get stuck, their panel seams don't align, suspension problems etc

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptis ... bb2f05416d
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10979 posts
14475 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Came into this thread looking for discussion about the deal and all I got was diatribes by brand loyalists.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
save yourself the headache and don't buy a hyundai, my neighbor has endless headaches with his santa fe. Poor guy.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote: Came into this thread looking for discussion about the deal and all I got was diatribes by brand loyalists.
Yep.... Feel the same.
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
If I didnt have a 2016 sonata I probably would have blindly jumped on this by now. I think the Santa Fe is one of the better looking suv on the road today.

Good:
I like the sonata, it’s very roomy and good mpg. Amazing cruiser on the highway. the interior is holding up very well, it doesn’t feel as cheap as Honda and Toyota. You get more for your money as in features and style.
Bad:
Nothing has broken down yet. It’s just the engine has been a pain in the ass. Oil gets black after 3000km, I’m barely getting to 7000km and I wouldn’t dare go past it now since I found it gas diluted and it can go to very low oil if I push it to 10k. I only use synthetic since day one, it burns the top platinum pennzoil and Mobil like water so I had to switch to Castro recently and stick to 6000kms. I use Costco top tier gas. The engine pings and it sounds like a can with rocks in it whenever I accelerate under slight load, recently I got a gas smell coming from the front.

Im hoping for it to die so I can just get an engine replacement before the warranty ends so I can at least more years out of the car. I wouldn’t buy the engine Hyundai still have on most of their cars right now.
Dec 12, 2003
114 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Interested in leasing a 2019 Tucson. Anyone know of dealership in the GTA that'll be decent to deal with and gives invoice pricing? East-end preferred.
Sep 12, 2013
326 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga
Just came off heavy negotiation with multiple dealership within GTA from far east to far west on Tucson 2019. I got close to invoice pricing on Ultimate trim from a few of them. Since I can only buy 1, happy to share the contact for the others. Just ping me.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1430 posts
1157 upvotes
tinbitz wrote: If I didnt have a 2016 sonata I probably would have blindly jumped on this by now. I think the Santa Fe is one of the better looking suv on the road today.

Good:
I like the sonata, it’s very roomy and good mpg. Amazing cruiser on the highway. the interior is holding up very well, it doesn’t feel as cheap as Honda and Toyota. You get more for your money as in features and style.
Bad:
Nothing has broken down yet. It’s just the engine has been a pain in the ass. Oil gets black after 3000km, I’m barely getting to 7000km and I wouldn’t dare go past it now since I found it gas diluted and it can go to very low oil if I push it to 10k. I only use synthetic since day one, it burns the top platinum pennzoil and Mobil like water so I had to switch to Castro recently and stick to 6000kms. I use Costco top tier gas. The engine pings and it sounds like a can with rocks in it whenever I accelerate under slight load, recently I got a gas smell coming from the front.

Im hoping for it to die so I can just get an engine replacement before the warranty ends so I can at least more years out of the car. I wouldn’t buy the engine Hyundai still have on most of their cars right now.
At what km/age did you notice burning excessive oil?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)