4 months stay as Student - short term rentals

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 1:01 pm
Banned
Nov 9, 2018
31 posts
7 upvotes

4 months stay as Student - short term rentals

Looking for reputable websites for apart from airbnb.
Are there any cheaper options.
Plz dont mind by spelling as I lost my human writing skills bcuz of Auto-Correction, Auto-Spelling, AI & a lot of Auto -this & Auto-that.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7137 upvotes
Check with the college/university website you'll be going to as they typically have housing options. Kijiji is another option. Again - you might get better advice if you provide some more information to get help like LOCATION.
Banned
Nov 9, 2018
31 posts
7 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Check with the college/university website you'll be going to as they typically have housing options. Kijiji is another option. Again - you might get better advice if you provide some more information to get help like LOCATION = Abbotsford,BC.
Plz dont mind by spelling as I lost my human writing skills bcuz of Auto-Correction, Auto-Spelling, AI & a lot of Auto -this & Auto-that.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
hierophant wrote: Check with the college/university website you'll be going to as they typically have housing options. Kijiji is another option. Again - you might get better advice if you provide some more information to get help like LOCATION.
This.

Colleges & Universities typically have a Student Housing Dept even if they don’t offer on campus dorms
NoStylist wrote:
In the thread title man :rolleyes:

Ain’t no one gonna see it in the body of the replies
Banned
Nov 9, 2018
31 posts
7 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: This.

Colleges & Universities typically have a Student Housing Dept even if they don’t offer on campus dorms

In the thread title man :rolleyes:

Ain’t no one gonna see it in the body of the replies
Thanks but uni is full as I was late and they are full.
Uni advised to check private rentals. After 3-4 months when session changes then they may have vacancy & will put me on waiting list.

Airnbnb have little high prices.
Found another student homestay website but they quote prices in USD so it will attract a lot credit card fx fees.
Other Rentals websites ask for minimum 1 yr lease.
kijiji is full of scammers so little afraid to go there as it will be my last option.
Thats why I was wondering if anyone has other websites that are worth mentioning.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
NoStylist wrote: Thanks but uni is full as I was late and they are full.
Uni advised to check private rentals. After 3-4 months when session changes then they may have vacancy & will put me on waiting list.

Airnbnb have little high prices.
Found another student homestay website but they quote prices in USD so it will attract a lot credit card fx fees.
Other Rentals websites ask for minimum 1 yr lease.
kijiji is full of scammers so little afraid to go there as it will be my last option.
Thats why I was wondering if anyone has other websites that are worth mentioning.
Airbnb does have higher prices but you can negotiate (contact them when you find something to discuss non-daily/weekly rates if you're going to be taking longer stays assuming the owner has availability. It's your safest bet really because there are lots of scammers on Kijiji/Craig etc if you're not there and you're arranging accomodations from a distance.

Don't know what your timing is but you don't have a lot of options/choices.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7429 posts
4676 upvotes
Ottawa
Personally, I think Airbnb is your best bet - it's certainly safer than dealing with strangers and I don't think you'll get considerably less by renting from Kijiji vs Airbnb (I rent on both and typically ask about the same price but it probably comes out to a bit more on Airbnb because of their fees).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)