Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

40% off Oster Versa 1,400 Watt Performance Blender $179.99@shop

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2015 3:29 pm
Tags:
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
Whats the difference between this "performance 1400w" and the versa-1400w?

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
So is this better than the Versa one with the red handles? Both are 1400w
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
I recommend you buy the one with the low profile jar, so it fits under kitchen cabinets.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
Rudee wrote: I recommend you buy the one with the low profile jar, so it fits under kitchen cabinets.
But the base is the same, just different jars? Is this one an old model or something?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
JohnB wrote: But the base is the same, just different jars? Is this one an old model or something?
Base is the same. Just the jar is fatter, thus shorter and can fit under all cabinets without issue.
Nov 24, 2014
37 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Rudee wrote: I recommend you buy the one with the low profile jar, so it fits under kitchen cabinets.
Unfortunately the model with the low-profile jar is no longer on sale, it's back to $249.99

I would have preferred the low-profile jar as well, but not for an extra $70. :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
Rudee wrote: Base is the same. Just the jar is fatter, thus shorter and can fit under all cabinets without issue.
Yeah, I thought the one in the OP here was like a premium "performance" model, but its just a taller jar no one can fit under a counter.

Im going to wait for the short square red jar version of the 1400W to go on sale at this price.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2351 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton
I have this tall jar version and it works great. My reasoning at the time was that it only cost $140 from Shop.ca and what little information I could find online comparing the two jars suggested the older tall one did marginally better for those occasions you blended smaller amounts. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

I wouldn't keep either on my counter whether the jar fits underneath or not, the base is enormous. Also our counters are low enough I think even the low profile jar would be a tight squeeze.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
doodlegirl wrote: Unfortunately the model with the low-profile jar is no longer on sale, it's back to $249.99

I would have preferred the low-profile jar as well, but not for an extra $70. :(
The short jar version is $200 at Walmart, just ordered. They also have the 1100W (19k RPM vs 28k RPM) at $99 with reverse and the to-go mugs for what's worth but no hot soup option
Can't go wrong with 90 days return policy

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/cat ... uId=933815
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2351 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton
dannyphones wrote: Doesn't sound promising. Even for half the price.
Run it for an extra ten seconds if you need (weird he actually shuts the Oster off first). Most comparisons I've seen have the Vitamix/Blendtec and Oster relatively similar, close enough to negate the price discrepancy.

Weird he's comparing it to the profession 750 series, too. Not sure on sale price but retail seems to be $769 for that model. You certainly don't get four times the blender.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
Just to post an update...

I ended up buying this - was originally looking at the 1100w but it was priced at 149 (not on sale) vs 179 (sale price) for the 1400w.

I used the shop . ca pp 40$ and someone on the forum gave me another 40$ which I stacked.

Price shipped came to under 130 tax in.

So if you want this blender get it on sale (I waited a few months for sale and coupons to align.) I doubt it's close to a $600 VM but at 1/5 the price it's easier to justify.
Jan 12, 2006
122 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this exact model a while back from shop.ca and very happy with it. The jug/base are both large so be prepared to lose some counter space. I used to own a Vitamix years ago and the Versa doesn't seem as loud but just my opinion. Performance wise you may need to blend a bit longer but you can get virtually the same results for significantly less money.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
-jinx- wrote: I bought this exact model a while back from shop.ca and very happy with it. The jug/base are both large so be prepared to lose some counter space. I used to own a Vitamix years ago and the Versa doesn't seem as loud but just my opinion. Performance wise you may need to blend a bit longer but you can get virtually the same results for significantly less money.
My current blender is a 29$ 250w magic bullet which is too small for me to pack in what I want to. (but it's small and super easy to clean.)

So this will be a nice upgrade. And I actually do need it. Looking fwd to it.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
will this crush 10 cubes 0f ice with ease?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)