Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[401games] TERRAFORMING MARS $53.95

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2017 2:08 pm
Tags:
14 replies
Jun 11, 2010
343 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Every time someone suggests this game I'm hesitant to play. Once we start I'm glad I did lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
Nice, a present for my brother for Christmas!
Nov 16, 2009
106 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Does it work well with 2? How long does it take with 2?

Thanks
Jan 12, 2008
314 posts
203 upvotes
toronto
Thanks for the heads up. I usually check deals of the week at 401 but they haven't had any decent games there lately so I stopped checking.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
I need to play this game once.

Keep posting these boardgame deals!
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1744 posts
3075 upvotes
Calgary, AB
aungmyo wrote: Does it work well with 2? How long does it take with 2?

Thanks
Works great with 2. In fact it works great with 1. Each game takes about 1.30- 2 hours. Regardless of how many players it's about the same game play time (due to it's unique game mechanic).

Highly recommended.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Nov 19, 2015
22 posts
17 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Agreed! its a very very good game at 3 and 4 (and maybe 1 but i have no experience with that) but it is an absolutely amazing game with 2. it plays at the perfect speed that feels fast and keeps your attention the whole time. i've had many games with 2 where we purposely slacked off at ending the game just so we could keep our engines building and outgrow each other. at 3 and 4 you end up waiting to do your turn quite often, unless your playing with very experienced players. but with 2 its absolutely perfect, and i think more tense because its easier to tell who is in the lead and what you can do to catch up and move ahead. it sounds counterintuitive but i think the sense of player interaction and tension is reduced with more players, because its harder to keep track of what the others are doing to so you end up focusing more on just your own engine.
Sep 5, 2007
388 posts
265 upvotes
BC
Mahawka wrote: Each game takes about 1.30- 2 hours. Regardless of how many players it's about the same game play time (due to it's unique game mechanic).
This is blatantly false. More players mean a longer draft, more actions. It's not common for this game to get to 3-4 hours with 4 players, even with "experienced" players.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1744 posts
3075 upvotes
Calgary, AB
crazysword wrote: This is blatantly false. More players mean a longer draft, more actions. It's not common for this game to get to 3-4 hours with 4 players, even with "experienced" players.
You need to play with more experienced players. Taking 3-4 hours is ridiculous for this game. We have done dozens of games with 4 players within 2 hours

Looks like the polls on Board Game Geek agrees with me (see #7 or my screenshot below):
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/ ... me-all-one

Please do your research before telling people they are wrong.
Images
  • TFM.PNG
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
From what I read, the number of players doesn't affect game time because the end condition is based on the planet levels. More people means it will reach that with less turns for each
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1744 posts
3075 upvotes
Calgary, AB
canadiankorean wrote: From what I read, the number of players doesn't affect game time because the end condition is based on the planet levels. More people means it will reach that with less turns for each
hmhmmm
Oct 8, 2014
81 posts
134 upvotes
ontario
Wow.... at the time of this posting there was around 160 copies now only 5 left

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)