Expired Hot Deals

[407] 407 unlimited travel sept-oct for $34.99 a month. Ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 6:32 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8026 posts
2325 upvotes
Smoking hot deal for those that rely on the 407 during those hours.
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Sep 27, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
I just got off the phone with 407ETR and the 59.99 includes all 4 transponders on my account (not per vehicle). Great offer!!
Nov 21, 2007
286 posts
199 upvotes
Peterborough
Winkle wrote: No. 407ETR has agreements with the transportation ministries from all the other provinces and territories and have access to their license plate databases. Same thing with most or all of the State DOTs.

In the earlier days for the first couple of years, people with US plates could drive the 407 for free but they've recified that.
I have family from Saskatchewan that uses the 407 when coming back to Ontario and have never received a bill. They apparently do not have an agreement with Saskatchewan.
Jul 23, 2019
9 posts
8 upvotes
mandm1209 wrote: Check your email.
Just got another one from Oct-Jan.
LOL you know something funny? I totally missed the emails because it was grouped in the promotions sections. Not knowing this, I called 407 yesterday with the intention of begging them for an extension of it, but before I could grovel, they let me know that I had one day left to sign up for the deal. Then I went into my inbox and found the email there. It was a blessing.
Mar 9, 2017
28 posts
30 upvotes
I remember using their all day unlimited travel in 2012 for $80 a month for May/June.

They ended up charging me the cost initially then added it back as ~$600 in credit. I don't use the 407 as regularly anymore so my account has been in negative balance for the last 7 years. -$27 to go!
Nov 9, 2009
80 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton
Its only the first morning, but this offer has been life changing!!!!!!

Normally fight the traffic on the 401, twice a day, five days a week. 1hr in the morning, and between 1hr 30-45 on the way home. I travel about 60 kms one way, daily -Markham Road/407 to Mavis/407. I call it rush hour, The 407 considers it "charge as much as you can hours" it averages out to about about .50/km in the morning, and .55/km in the evening. A one way trip on the 407 would cost me about 32.00.....when i saw this offer in my inbox, It was the next best thing to winning the lottery...until it expires LOL
Jun 4, 2018
40 posts
9 upvotes
SaugaDealz wrote: Curious as to why? Yes there is a time limit to change plates as with all other provinces when you first move but seems extreme to get denied.
For making false statement?
Of course if you are new to Ontario you can do whatever you want on 407 for 60 days.

Ontario requires you to switch to Ontario license within 60 days. Let's assume that you plan to stay here for more than 60 days, then your are technically driving unlicensed(depends on how lenient the officer is if you are ever pulled over of course). And let's say you get into an accident. Since it is out of province, they probably want to have some proof that you still live where you claim(the address on the vehicle ownership and the address you gave to insurance company). Worse, try to explain to them if your car is stolen at work or at home.

If you are asking why cant you tell your insurance company you are driving primarily out of province, try that and see what their response is.

Btw, you can also get away with city parking tickets assuming they don't tow your car eventually....
Apr 23, 2017
484 posts
296 upvotes
THEAVS wrote: I have family from Saskatchewan that uses the 407 when coming back to Ontario and have never received a bill. They apparently do not have an agreement with Saskatchewan.
It's only a matter of time and they should see the bill in their mailbox. I was driving with US plates and they were able to track me and send me a bill - I'm very sure they have reg/plate details for other provinces as well
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Jun 4, 2018
40 posts
9 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote: It's only a matter of time and they should see the bill in their mailbox. I was driving with US plates and they were able to track me and send me a bill - I'm very sure they have reg/plate details for other provinces as well
Saskatchewan don't share plate information with municipalities in Ontario and 407 for privacy concerns.
Unless ordered by court
www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4818791
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
2942 posts
570 upvotes
arejay wrote: Its only the first morning, but this offer has been life changing!!!!!!

Normally fight the traffic on the 401, twice a day, five days a week. 1hr in the morning, and between 1hr 30-45 on the way home. I travel about 60 kms one way, daily -Markham Road/407 to Mavis/407. I call it rush hour, The 407 considers it "charge as much as you can hours" it averages out to about about .50/km in the morning, and .55/km in the evening. A one way trip on the 407 would cost me about 32.00.....when i saw this offer in my inbox, It was the next best thing to winning the lottery...until it expires LOL
I know how you feel! I had complained how I never got these deals... and then I got it! This will be great until jan with the winter season coming. I go from 9th to 400... I got the $35 deal which is really just ONE trip to make it worth it. AND I get to sleep in an extra 30min and get home early 30min! The worse part of the 401 is not the traffic because at least I can expect how slow thing goes... but it's the car accidents that is really happening on a day to day bases that is causing MORE slow down!
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Nov 9, 2009
80 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton
CrazyJo82 wrote: I know how you feel! I had complained how I never got these deals... and then I got it! This will be great until jan with the winter season coming. I go from 9th to 400... I got the $35 deal which is really just ONE trip to make it worth it. AND I get to sleep in an extra 30min and get home early 30min! The worse part of the 401 is not the traffic because at least I can expect how slow thing goes... but it's the car accidents that is really happening on a day to day bases that is causing MORE slow down!
I was just like you, but I was LEGIT SAD, I never ever get any offers from the 407, i just seeing everyone else post about it.......when I checked my email and saw the first two words "Unlimited driving"....I cried a little, and signed up INSTANTLY LOL.

its true the traffic on the 401 is bad, but when you add the accidents on top of the traffic....it hurts. I make a decent living, but i cant justify spending 65-70.00 a day to use the 407
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2358 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
AlexS37855 wrote: Saskatchewan don't share plate information with municipalities in Ontario and 407 for privacy concerns.
Unless ordered by court
www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4818791
Hmmm...time to buy some Saskatchewan plates!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!