Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

43pc Rotary tool set $19.99 - HOT or NOT?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2019 4:16 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 9, 2004
536 posts
5 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 43pc Rotary tool set $19.99 - HOT or NOT?

[IMG]http://img252.echo.cx/img252/2811/rotary1de.jpg[/IMG]

Is this a good deal?

I was thinking of picking one up because I haven't seen anything cheaper.
If someone knows of a cheaper place to get one please post it here. Thanks!

This is on sale at Princess Auto tomorrow.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
1366 posts
4 upvotes
sounds like a good deal to me. princess auto has a lot of good deals imo and their service is great!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
Argh!!! I bought this for $30, and I still haven't had time to open this. I thought the regular price was much more than $35?

I am going in for a price adjustment. :)
Oct 9, 2004
536 posts
5 upvotes
mrken wrote:Argh!!! I bought this for $30, and I still haven't had time to open this. I thought the regular price was much more than $35?

I am going in for a price adjustment. :)

too bad you didn't open it yet because you could of told us how it performs. I'm going to pick one up anyway... it's pretty cheap imo and will probably come in handy
Dec 3, 2004
570 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
it was on sale for this price before. seems like a very good deal. i have an older dremel model and the bushings seem to be going (they're replaceable in the newer models.) in regrads to PE's "power fist" brand ..... i have a friend who owns a machine shop and he's picked up a few "power fist" hand drills which appear to be working fine. for the price he tells me they're good value. i think i'll pick up one of these rotary tools....perhaps i can call it an early fathers day present....no wait a minute....that was my cordless grass trimmer from the black & decker outlet....or was it the new bar b q from loblaws???..... i hope my wife isn't reading this! :o
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
Everything that I have bought from Princess Auto has been of pretty high quality. PowerFist is their own brand, and everything seems to be well made.

Their customer service is even better. You can return or exchange anything if you do not like it within 90 (or is it 120) days.

I will have time to play around with all my gadgets in a month. :D
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
1366 posts
4 upvotes
i've exchanged stuff even more than 90/120 days. even without receipt. not to abuse their system but because the situation warranted it, and the stuff was practically new anyways. their staff is quite friendly and it is overall a great place to shop.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4274 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton
I'll be grabbing at least one. Makes a good gift.
Aug 14, 2004
33 posts
I bought a couple of these last year and have been quite happy with them. Stay away from the cordless ones though. Not nearly as good.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2302 posts
952 upvotes
Canada
I bought one during one of their previous sales for around $30 and it's a pretty good tool to have around for grinding stuff. And I also agree that PA's customer service is excellent and friendly.
Jan 21, 2005
125 posts
Mississauga, ON
Does it come in a plastic case of any kind?
How would you rate it against the Mastercraft set on sale 2 weeks ago?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2302 posts
952 upvotes
Canada
HMS wrote:Does it come in a plastic case of any kind?

Yes, it comes with a plastic case. If I had to choose between the Mastercraft or this PowerFist tool (assuming price is same), I would choose the Mastercraft because I own a number of Mastercraft tools and their quality is better.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4274 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton
zoomzoom wrote:Yes, it comes with a plastic case. If I had to choose between the Mastercraft or this PowerFist tool (assuming price is same), I would choose the Mastercraft because I own a number of Mastercraft tools and their quality is better.
Do you own any powerfist tools then? I'd actually claim the opposite. Also, I have never seen a Mastercraft rotary tool set for $20
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
4582 posts
gta
HMS wrote:Does it come in a plastic case of any kind?
you get what you pay for...

its probably good to use every once and a while or on a light job here and there......but if you use it everyday, guaranteed the motor will go
*knock on wood :)
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4274 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton
In case you don't have a PA near by, or can't get to one easy, they ship from their online store and this item is correctly priced at $19.99 once you click on it. Shipping (as explained to me over the phone) is $4 + $.40/lb. The strange (awesome) thing, is that I was not charged _any_ tax, so the shipping was pretty reasonable for 3 of these :) $10 for 13.x lbs.
May 10, 2005
196 posts
That does seem like a great deal, especially with the flex shaft included. They also have a seemingly great deal on a 2' air brad nailer for $28.88 and a 1/2" 15 amp heavy duty plunge router with fence guide for $88.88 and 1200 lb ratcheting straps for $3.33.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
for 19.99 you really don't have to worry if it is good or not. you only have to worry if it breaks down after 10 mins of use. If it can last you a year, then consider 19.99 a disposable rotary tool

I got a rotary Sears tool with a few more gadgets for 149 and had to replace it after two years. Luckily, Sears has a good replacement policy, so i got a new and better one. but that's the price you pay for such after sales service.
Dec 29, 2004
103 posts
2 upvotes
I picked one up today, seems like a good deal, plus their torque wrenches were on sale too. Reg $40, now its $20, I tend to overtighten my lugs lol
Apr 10, 2004
289 posts
36 upvotes
I owned a Mastercraft rotary tool. I extensively used it for cutting into a brick chimney to create a groove to insert a filler piece between a chimney and the edge of my kitchen cabinets. . . . it took me 4 mastercraft rotary tools to complete the job. They just kept breaking and I kept returning them for a new one. Once I was done the job, the tool got stuck in the chuck so I returned the rotary tool and told them I wanted my money back since the rotary tool kept breaking on me . . which was true. No hassel return but a hassle of exchanging for a new everytime it broke. The moral I think both the Mastercraft and this PA tool are both light duty.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)