Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

$449 Sears 1-day sale- Kingsdown Tyler Tight-Top Firm Support Pocket-Coil Sleep Set

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2013 8:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga

[Sears] $449 Sears 1-day sale- Kingsdown Tyler Tight-Top Firm Support Pocket-Coil Sleep Set

Just saw this on the sears website

From $449 Sears 1-day sale- Kingsdown Tyler Tight-Top Firm Support Pocket-Coil Sleep Set

its $449 for the twin, $499 for Double or Queen and $799 for King size beds, comes with the box spring. Queen comes with 820 coils... looks to be a very great price, especially if you can add any coupons to make it cheaper!

Here are some specs:

Air Flow Surround foam encased pocket-coil innerspring system with reinforced centre zones
Comfort layers: 1⁄2" Blu-Tek Gel Visco and 1⁄2" firm high density foam
Quilted top with 22-oz. Hollo and wool fibre blend and 1" firm high-density foam, Flexatron® support pad
PowerStack foundation
Warranty: 10-year non-prorated and 10-year prorated; details with purchase
Twin: 485 coils, Double: 667 coils, Queen: 820 coils, King: 970 coils

http://www.sears.ca/product/kingsdown84 ... tab1_ODSHH

Cheers,
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
22 replies
Apr 8, 2005
14 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered the mattress only for $339.99 (queen) here: http://www.sears.ca/product/kingsdown-t ... 9808-69808
Also used code 941612298 for $50.00 off $200.00 at checkout, the code still worked today despite an apparent expiry date of October 27th.

Total price, tax-in for mattress only (ON): $327.69
Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
Anyone have this mattress who can provide a review? We're looking for a firm mattress set. Thanks.
Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
And can I just use the box from my previous set with a new mattress or is it recommended that a whole new sleep set be bought every few years? TIA
Feb 7, 2006
473 posts
220 upvotes
e_voyd wrote: Thanks OP, ordered the mattress only for $339.99 (queen) here: http://www.sears.ca/product/kingsdown-t ... 9808-69808
Also used code 941612298 for $50.00 off $200.00 at checkout, the code still worked today despite an apparent expiry date of October 27th.

Total price, tax-in for mattress only (ON): $327.69
are you supposed to buy a new box spring with a new mattress or can you just reuse your old box spring?
thanks
Mar 27, 2013
691 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
How is Sears return policy on mattresses?
Sep 13, 2003
648 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
In terms of 'specs' which mattress is better? The Joplin or Tyler?
Apr 8, 2005
14 posts
5 upvotes
Roonis wrote: are you supposed to buy a new box spring with a new mattress or can you just reuse your old box spring?
thanks
From a warranty perspective, you may have to buy a new box spring, I haven't looked at the Kingsdown warranty conditions. At this price I'm not concerned about warranty; it's replacing another Kingsdown mattress that lasted me about 13 years (significant sagging in the centre now). From a practical perspective, if you're existing foundation (box spring) is still good (do they ever fail?), there's little reason to replace it unless you like your foundation to match your mattress.

I have no idea if this will be comfortable (subjective anyway), but if I somehow can't get used to it, Sears will exchange it (once) within 1 year if you also buy a mattress pad/protector at the same time (~$30). From their website: "At Sears we recognize the importance of a good night's sleep. To help you accomplish this we recommend you take a minimum of 30 nights as an adjustment period for your body to get used to the comfort and support of your new sleep set. If after 30 nights and within 365 nights of your delivery you feel that your bed is not as comfortable as you expected, and if you purchased a new mattress pad or mattress protector from Sears at the same time. Let us know and we will be happy to arrange ONE selection exchange for you."
Mar 27, 2013
691 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Just wondering! Are these mattresses brand new, or returned ones, which are basically cleaned and resold. I saw a lot of these types at their warehouse
Apr 8, 2005
14 posts
5 upvotes
mcerts wrote: Just wondering! Are these mattresses brand new, or returned ones, which are basically cleaned and resold. I saw a lot of these types at their warehouse
There's no reason provided on the website to think that these are returns or reconditioned in any way; I expect it to be a new item. If it isn't, this will be canceled as quickly as it was purchased when I pick it up on Thursday.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
As other posters have said, I am not really convinced that this mattress is a one-day special, since the mattresses at Sears are generally 60% off at Sears right now, competing with sales at The Bay. I was out looking at all of these mattresses on the weekend, everything was reduced.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
looks like the best deal out there right now since the costco mattress are not on sale.. im going to stop by and take a look.
Mar 27, 2013
691 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
speeeeee wrote: looks like the best deal out there right now since the costco mattress are not on sale.. im going to stop by and take a look.
Do they have it in display at any of the stores?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga
Roonis wrote: are you supposed to buy a new box spring with a new mattress or can you just reuse your old box spring?
thanks
You don't have to, some frames do not require a box spring or use a 'thinner' one, depending on how high you want your bed elevated. Usually box springs are sold to match the set.
One day sale vs. weekend sale. This deal expires today, I did my research and noticed the also had this price over the weekend, but not for all sizes.
e_voyd wrote: Not a repost; this is a one-day sale for October 27th (today) which didn't exist when that post was created on October 25th.
+1
mcerts wrote: Just wondering! Are these mattresses brand new, or returned ones, which are basically cleaned and resold. I saw a lot of these types at their warehouse
They should be all brand new vacuumed sealed, if it isn't on delivery day, simply refuse and call customer service asap.
DaVibe wrote: As other posters have said, I am not really convinced that this mattress is a one-day special, since the mattresses at Sears are generally 60% off at Sears right now, competing with sales at The Bay. I was out looking at all of these mattresses on the weekend, everything was reduced.
No one buys a bed at MSRP, doesn't mean this isn't a sale. This is a great price for a name brand bed, especially if you're looking at the mattress only.
mcerts wrote: Do they have it in display at any of the stores?
you may need to call around to find out, or just go in store... I find that they rarely ever pick up their phones... so you may be better driving there and checking
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Mar 27, 2013
691 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Is this mattress more on the firm side (Seems by the name of it)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
I think you guys misunderstood what I was trying to say.
If you see the Sears' flyer for this week, you'll see that mattresses at 60% off, so by them advertising that it's 60% off today only is slightly strange.
I was looking at this exact company (among a few) but a better version (or more coils, if that's better).

I think the sale HERE is this version and just the bed, not the fact that it's 60% ... Because everything is pretty much 60% off right now.

And you have to watch these MSRP's ... Some are less at the Bay's "40% Off" than Sears' "60% off" so, shop around.

Apparently mattresses are 50% off at the Brick this weekend, I was going to pop in to check what 50% off brings their out-the-door price to.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)