Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$45 for 6GB or $50 for 8GB (3G plans - LTE Lite)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2018 12:23 pm
Jul 28, 2008
37 posts
55 upvotes
calgary
i did 24 years with rogers, switch to public last december. so far it has been decent, definitely cheaper. have had 2 offers to switch to koodo and might do so this month. A year ago i was paying $140/month for less than I now pay $35/month for. Crazy.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2441 posts
3157 upvotes
Public Mobile has its advantages and disadvantages.

If you are the DIY type of person and cost conscious, PM works well. If you need phone or face-to-face support and immediate support, PM does not work well.

Most of the time, things work fine and you won't notice any big difference from other providers. It is just when the service goes down, recently, you will need to wait 1-2 days to get things resolved.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
Dunkster wrote: Public Mobile has its advantages and disadvantages.

If you are the DIY type of person and cost conscious, PM works well. If you need phone or face-to-face support and immediate support, PM does not work well.

Most of the time, things work fine and you won't notice any big difference from other providers. It is just when the service goes down, recently, you will need to wait 1-2 days to get things resolved.
agreed to 100.100%
The mods were very helpful, resolved my US talk issue, transferred unused credits from migrated account to another new PM account. Hatching the new one for incoming promo, :)
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
robertmay wrote: i did 24 years with rogers, switch to public last december. so far it has been decent, definitely cheaper. have had 2 offers to switch to koodo and might do so this month. A year ago i was paying $140/month for less than I now pay $35/month for. Crazy.
Yes it's crazy, and definitely going to be crazier. If you want to migrate, officially the expiry date is not announced. But there is a rumour that this offer might close on Sep 27th. No official confirmation though.
Aug 24, 2014
104 posts
222 upvotes
CALGARY
Do these plans include out of province roaming? What's the US roaming like on public mobile?
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
np66666 wrote: Do these plans include out of province roaming? What's the US roaming like on public mobile?
They are Canada wide, so everywhere within Canada, is no roaming.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2441 posts
3157 upvotes
np66666 wrote: Do these plans include out of province roaming? What's the US roaming like on public mobile?
The US roaming comes in 10 day add on plans, ranging from $8-20. There is no international roaming to other countries.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
I swapped to PM in time for the 25$ referral which was nice and unexpected. Where the speed is no issue what I do notice however is the signal on 3G isn't nearly as good and I'm not sure if that's to be expected? I mostly get 2 bars and find myself refreshing websites a lot to get them to load but when they do load it's just as fast as it was on Koodo.

Oh, and I wasn't even on PM for 24 hours that I got a Koodo 10GB for 60$ offer but I didn't bite. At this point I don't want to spend over 50$ a month.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
Feneant wrote: I swapped to PM in time for the 25$ referral which was nice and unexpected. Where the speed is no issue what I do notice however is the signal on 3G isn't nearly as good and I'm not sure if that's to be expected? I mostly get 2 bars and find myself refreshing websites a lot to get them to load but when they do load it's just as fast as it was on Koodo.

Oh, and I wasn't even on PM for 24 hours that I got a Koodo 10GB for 60$ offer but I didn't bite. At this point I don't want to spend over 50$ a month.
Signal should be identical to Telus. Which carrier were you comparing it to?
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
icemasta wrote: Signal should be identical to Telus. Which carrier were you comparing it to?
Telus as I moved from Koodo. But my buddy who just switched to Koodo said he had data issues yesterday morning when I had problems so could have been network related.
Jan 15, 2014
91 posts
33 upvotes
I recently ported my Ontario number with Koodo (on the $48/MB plan) to Public Mobile for the $50 8gb 3G speed with US calling plan.

I opted for PN's most expensive plan for the extra data, and partially to make it more likely to get one of the offers (I read on this thread that the cheap plans likely won't qualify).

Think there's anything else I can do?
Apr 15, 2004
835 posts
329 upvotes
Feneant wrote: Telus as I moved from Koodo. But my buddy who just switched to Koodo said he had data issues yesterday morning when I had problems so could have been network related.
My wife noticed network issues with Koodo yesterday as well. I didn't see anything myself, but I don't spend nearly as much time on my phone. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2014
1172 posts
1004 upvotes
Kingston, ON
blapt5 wrote: I recently ported my Ontario number with Koodo (on the $48/MB plan) to Public Mobile for the $50 8gb 3G speed with US calling plan.

I opted for PN's most expensive plan for the extra data, and partially to make it more likely to get one of the offers (I read on this thread that the cheap plans likely won't qualify).

No need to post this in two different threads.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
blapt5 wrote: I recently ported my Ontario number with Koodo (on the $48/MB plan) to Public Mobile for the $50 8gb 3G speed with US calling plan.

Wait.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
robertmay wrote: i did 24 years with rogers, switch to public last december. so far it has been decent, definitely cheaper. have had 2 offers to switch to koodo and might do so this month. A year ago i was paying $140/month for less than I now pay $35/month for. Crazy.
Holy Crapballs! They stripped you to the bone.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
On behalf of the Rogers family, board of directors and all share holders, thank you very much for the loyalty and the cash. These things happen if you don't shop around.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Jul 28, 2008
37 posts
55 upvotes
calgary
i was a financial victim of my own laziness and false sense of having a "relationship" with Rogers.
Jul 28, 2008
37 posts
55 upvotes
calgary
oh yes they did, for years and years. I was just too stupid and lazy to switch.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Feneant wrote: I swapped to PM in time for the 25$ referral which was nice and unexpected. Where the speed is no issue what I do notice however is the signal on 3G isn't nearly as good and I'm not sure if that's to be expected? I mostly get 2 bars and find myself refreshing websites a lot to get them to load but when they do load it's just as fast as it was on Koodo.
Are you putting your phone into 3G-only mode? Don't do that. Leave it in LTE. These are "3G" plans in speed only, but it's still an LTE connection (it's just speed capped to 3mbps).