48 hour flight delay for honeymoon, didn't get to final destination, paid out of pocket. Advice needed.
-Our flight from YYZ was delayed for 4 hours, causing us to miss our connecting flight to HND (Tokyo) at ORD.
-Delay was due to mechanical issue with aircraft (deemed at fault for UA)
-Couldn't get another flight arranged until 4 days later due to typhoon Hagibis
-Flew to Korea and paid out of pocket to get to final destination
-Spoke with United Customer care, currently offered $700 for both of us
-Incurred close to $1000CAD in expenses (hotels, connecting flights within Japan, car rental) minus grievance
Currently offered $700 in travel vouchers ($350 each for my wife and I) with UA after 2 attempts. But honestly, I won't fly UA again after this. How do I push further?