Hot Deals

[Koodo] 5/6 GB for 46/51$ on Tab large and 6 GB for 49 on BYOD (QC Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2017 7:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 1, 2014
82 posts
38 upvotes
Kanata, ON

[Koodo] 5/6 GB for 46/51$ on Tab large and 6 GB for 49 on BYOD (QC Only)

Koodo has 4 GB + 1 GB bonus for 46 $ and 5GB + 1 GB bonus for 49$.
Koodo also increased the referral bonus to 50$ and the referral bonus will be expired on May 7th.

EDIT: it seems they no longer offer the 5GB on BYOD and offer it only on TAB Large

Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.
Last edited by dadashjoun on May 4th, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
475 replies
Mar 29, 2013
103 posts
14 upvotes
Oshawa
Can i get a 613 number with this? If i sign up in Hull/gatineau? and do i NEED a quebec address?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2434 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PilotInTraining wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:07 pm
Can i get a 613 number with this? If i sign up in Hull/gatineau? and do i NEED a quebec address?
Assuming Koodo hasn't changed their system since January.

Last time I did the following:
1. I signed up with a Toronto # with a regular Toronto plan at the Kiosk.
2. Performed a # change to a random Quebec # via their Self Serve (online portal)
3. Changed plan to this Quebec plan via Self Serve.
4. Ported in my regular Toronto # from another carrier via Self Serve.
[OP]
May 1, 2014
82 posts
38 upvotes
Kanata, ON
PilotInTraining wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:07 pm
if you live in Ottawa you can get it easily. I have 613 number and got the plan as follow:
1- go to a Walmart in Gatineau and ask for a 819 number and this QC plan.
2- go home and port your 613 number using the self serve or call center (they charge 10$ if you port on the phone)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
2886 posts
267 upvotes
Question - if I am using a referral to open a line, do I "claim" it with the original Toronto number I've been assigned by Koodo, the Quebec number I change to on Self Serve, or my current Bell Toronto number that I will be porting to Koodo after it's all said and done?
Aug 16, 2015
248 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Could you open a new account online with phone and have a Toronto delivery address? Also when opening an account online is there a way to add the referral?
Nov 22, 2012
616 posts
462 upvotes
It is easy to find referral using google/twitter.
No need to unlock your phone if switching between Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile
I am a Koodo and Fido customer.
D2Save.com
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2434 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto, ON
georgep wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:54 pm
Could you open a new account online with phone and have a Toronto delivery address? Also when opening an account online is there a way to add the referral?
When you choose a Toronto address, I belive you'll have to have a Toronto # and Toronto plan associated with the account.
Once that's done, then you go online and change your # to a Quebec #. Followed by a rate plan change to this plan.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12016 posts
3747 upvotes
Oakville
georgep wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:54 pm
Could you open a new account online with phone and have a Toronto delivery address?
You can open a new account online with phone and have a Toronto delivery address, but you'll only be able to choose ON plans. Then you have to follow the steps in the HowardForums post I linked above to convert to a QC #, sign up for QC plan, and change back to a Toronto #. I assume you want to do an online order to get some kind of online bonus offer? If not, just go to a store. It's faster.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6534 posts
1981 upvotes
Markham
mobifree wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:13 pm
Assuming Koodo hasn't changed their system since January.

Last time I did the following:
1. I signed up with a Toronto # with a regular Toronto plan at the Kiosk.
2. Performed a # change to a random Quebec # via their Self Serve (online portal)
3. Changed plan to this Quebec plan via Self Serve.
4. Ported in my regular Toronto # from another carrier via Self Serve.
Think you still need to wait out the few days for your first billing cutoff, before you can do the plan change and port in.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Dec 26, 2012
96 posts
16 upvotes
MILTON
I'm on the QC 5GB for $49 plan, can I switch to either of this new plans?
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1717 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
flamez1000 wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:24 pm
Question - if I am using a referral to open a line, do I "claim" it with the original Toronto number I've been assigned by Koodo, the Quebec number I change to on Self Serve, or my current Bell Toronto number that I will be porting to Koodo after it's all said and done?
Use the temporary# you get when you open your account. Actually it will only take less than 2 days for them to approve the referral these days, so you can wait until the referral is approved and then switch to a QC#.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)