Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] 5/6 GB for 46/51$ on Tab large and 6 GB for 49 on BYOD (QC Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2017 7:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1091 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I am currently with bell and might get out of contract with only a few months left....After i do this my first step with koodo is get a Que plan and que Number..? Then after 4 to 10 days of the first billing cycle port my Ontario number in?...thanks for any help. ..
Apr 5, 2016
197 posts
161 upvotes
BC
Slapshot747 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 7:54 pm
I am currently with bell and might get out of contract with only a few months left....After i do this my first step with koodo is get a Que plan and que Number..? Then after 4 to 10 days of the first billing cycle port my Ontario number in?...thanks for any help. ..
See this post:
wearysky wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:53 pm
Please refer to the following Howard Forums thread for instructions on how to get the Koodo QC plans outside of QC: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php/ ... -in-Canada
Zoomer Wireless + Tangerine =
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2017 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
Slapshot747 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 7:54 pm
1. Get a referral link and register your name and email

2. Get an ON# and ON plan. If you can get a QC#, then you are luck and go to step 4.1

3. Change the ON# to QC # on self serve at home (you may need to wait for hours before you can do this) and go to step 4.2

4.1 Change the plan to a QC plan on self serve
4.2 In the new billing cycle, change your plan to a QC plan.

5. 1 day later, port in your own#

6. Use your own# to finish the referral.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Mar 4, 2005
761 posts
92 upvotes
Brampton
habsfan31 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 10:27 am
Just for a plan. My S6 works fine.
Then try Public Mobile, Chatr or Zoomer.

The first two are definitely contract free.

Also the $49 Quebec plan is good as well.
Sep 24, 2006
70 posts
12 upvotes
Ajax
How long does it take to port number from Virgin to Koodo?
Thanks
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4028 upvotes
Oakville
medotaco wrote:
May 13th, 2017 5:22 pm
Thanks
Most ports are pretty quick, a couple hours most of the time.
Public Mobile
Mar 4, 2005
761 posts
92 upvotes
Brampton
medotaco wrote:
Thanks
Mobile to mobile usually 3 - 5 hours.
Land-line to mobile 5 to 7 days.
Oct 12, 2011
380 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
ChiliPalmer wrote:
May 10th, 2017 10:37 pm
Koodo actually suggests and prefers using the original # which you signed up with on Koodo for the referrals - so you guys will be fine.
I got the email telling me the referral process is successful​, so i can now switch my number to Qc?

Also, i tried to pay off my tab but unable to,; t showed me 3 reasons,
1) ive not been w koodo for at lease 3 months
2) i have not paid off my first bill
3) i am on the spending limit program

... so i have to wait for my first bill (which is in a few days) and then i can pay off my tab?

Thanks
Sep 1, 2011
230 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
medotaco wrote:
Thanks
My Port from Bell to Koodo (which is probably about the same) took about an hour in total. In about 15 minutes I could make outgoing calls, in an hour it was complete. There was a slight delay as well because a Bell rep called to offer me a non existent retention "deal".
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1436 posts
162 upvotes
Barrie
just curious, people seem to say the billing cycle is 5 - 10 days, is there a reason why it isn't 30 days? Does everyone have the same or similar billing cycles?

is there any reason why using a vpn to quebec and ordering a sim and the plan to ship to an ontario address won't work?

can i open an account, the credit check will be against me, and then put it in someone else's name? if i do that, am i still the one technically responsible for the account?
Last edited by tylerc on May 14th, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Aug 16, 2015
291 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tylerc wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:14 am
just curious, people seem to say the billing cycle is 5 - 10 days, is there a reason why it isn't 30 days? Does everyone have the same or similar billing cycles?

and finally, is there any reason why using a vpn to quebec and ordering a sim and the plan to ship to an ontario address won't work?
The first billing cycle is a few days, then after it is a normal monthly cycle.

Koodo will give you the plan of the province that you ship to - a vpn wont make any difference.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1436 posts
162 upvotes
Barrie
georgep wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:36 am
The first billing cycle is a few days, then after it is a normal monthly cycle.

Koodo will give you the plan of the province that you ship to - a vpn wont make any difference.
Interesting, I was able to add the plan + a QC number and head to the checkout...obviously I didn't go through with it, but up to that point their system wasn't giving me any issues.

Can I order a sim and plan online, legit for my province, and then follow all of the steps above, or do I have to go and sign up in person?
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Aug 16, 2015
291 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tylerc wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:45 am
Interesting, I was able to add the plan + a QC number and head to the checkout...obviously I didn't go through with it, but up to that point their system wasn't giving me any issues.

Can I order a sim and plan online, legit for my province, and then follow all of the steps above, or do I have to go and sign up in person?
It wont give you any issues, and it will let you complete the transaction and everything leaving you with the impression that you are getting a Quebec number and plan. Then a couple days later you will get an activation email indicating an Ontario plan and a local (non-Quebec) phone number.
Aug 16, 2015
291 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tylerc wrote:

And you can sign up either way. Just don't forget to get a referral to save $50. You have to activate the referral BEFORE you get your plan though.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4028 upvotes
Oakville
tylerc wrote:

As mentioned - they'll still give you a plan with your shipping address province. I think you can order just a sim and plan online if you want... The only thing I'd be curious about is what day your plan actually starts - when your sim ships, or when it arrives and you set it up? If it's when it ships, you might lose a few days' service. Not a big deal, but if you're a "pinch every single penny" RFDer that might matter to you :)
Public Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)