Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] 5/6 GB for 46/51$ on Tab large and 6 GB for 49 on BYOD (QC Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2017 7:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1091 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Yes not a top notch phone.. tab total looks to be at $360 and you get a 250 dollar gift card...Making the phone not much at all...will decide by tomorrow what i want to do....
Mar 19, 2010
316 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks everyone for the help! One last followup question
If i'm currently in a Medium Tab, can i pay off my tab balance and get a new phone on a new medium tab (while keeping the QC plan)?
I read somewhere that phone upgrades aren't recommended for Ontario people switching to this QC plan...or something along that line.
Koodo Customer
Feb 25, 2007
214 posts
70 upvotes
If you start with an Ontario number (temporary), switch online to a Quebec number, then change plans, is there a way to port your number immediately or do you really have to wait until the next billing cycle?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1211 posts
631 upvotes
Etobicoke
bprintz wrote:
May 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
If you start with an Ontario number (temporary), switch online to a Quebec number, then change plans, is there a way to port your number immediately or do you really have to wait until the next billing cycle?
Once you are on Quebec lan, you can port your number right away
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2017 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
bprintz wrote:
May 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
The so called "next billing cycle" will start in 5 to 10 day after activation.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1211 posts
631 upvotes
Etobicoke
negfu2017 wrote:
May 20th, 2017 4:47 pm
wrong
How long do you have to wait to port your number, once you are on quebec plan?
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
35 posts
20 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
May 20th, 2017 5:01 pm
How long do you have to wait to port your number, once you are on quebec plan?
Millenials these days...

Read the thread, the information is literally pasted over a hundred times. Not all of us are going to spoonfeed you the answers like /u/9613109. Quit being so lazy.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1211 posts
631 upvotes
Etobicoke
negfu2017 wrote:
May 20th, 2017 5:30 pm
Millenials these days...

Read the thread, the information is literally pasted over a hundred times. Not all of us are going to spoonfeed you the answers like /u/9613109. Quit being so lazy.
I already knew the answer.. but you said that my answer is wrong. Thats why i asked you...

And from another forum,

Go to your local Best Buy/Walmart/WOW Mobile and request a QC/MB/SK number. You will be able to hop on the QC/MB/SK plan right away, and simply need to port your existing number via self-serve when you get home.

So once you are on quebec plan you can port your number right away...
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
35 posts
20 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
May 20th, 2017 7:23 pm
I already knew the answer.. but you said that my answer is wrong. Thats why i asked you...

And from another forum,

Go to your local Best Buy/Walmart/WOW Mobile and request a QC/MB/SK number. You will be able to hop on the QC/MB/SK plan right away, and simply need to port your existing number via self-serve when you get home.

So once you are on quebec plan you can port your number right away...
Your reading comprehension is really, really, really bad.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1436 posts
162 upvotes
Barrie
Ok, now I'm a bit confused...just to clarify, I change to QC number (done), wait till new cycle to change to QC plan (can do tomorrow), and then I have to wait another full billing cycle to port in my number?

I was under the impression I could port in 24 hours (to avoid double billing) after the QC plan change, but it sounds like I might be wrong?
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Sep 29, 2009
22 posts
5 upvotes
tylerc wrote:
May 21st, 2017 7:37 am
Ok, now I'm a bit confused...just to clarify, I change to QC number (done), wait till new cycle to change to QC plan (can do tomorrow), and then I have to wait another full billing cycle to port in my number?

I was under the impression I could port in 24 hours (to avoid double billing) after the QC plan change, but it sounds like I might be wrong?
You can port after plan change, you do not have to wait a full billing cycle. Do not pay attention to negfu2017.
Aug 16, 2015
291 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rduke wrote:
May 21st, 2017 7:58 am
You can port after plan change, you do not have to wait a full billing cycle. Do not pay attention to negfu2017.
Using self serve you can only change or port your number once per billing cycle. So if you change to a Quebec number following activation, you can only port in after your next billing cycle starts (which is usually only 4-5 days after activation).
Feb 3, 2015
132 posts
62 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I am on Koodo prepaid plan already.
Do I still need to visit the store to get their postpaid sim? Or can I just do these steps in their self serve with my prepaid sim?
- Change prepaid plan to their basic phone plan.
-Get some random Quebec number.
-Port my previous 437 toronto number back again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)