Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] $50 off $300 @ Futureshop (Online and In-store) with American Express

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2012 6:04 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 30, 2009
610 posts
137 upvotes
Seems like there are a lot of questions, but no answers. I'm wondering if $300 in FS gift cards would qualify. Any one know?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
6194 posts
4635 upvotes
frugal1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2011 1:22 pm
So do you have to make a single purchase of $300 to qualify or can you make a number of purchases over the time period amounting to $300?
livemink wrote:
Nov 16th, 2011 3:16 pm
How does this work? Do I need to fill out a form? or just go to futureshop and pay with AMEX?

You must be invited via the letter to be eligible for this deal. And the $300 has to be a single purchase.

Good thing I remembered this deal when I bought my two BB Playbooks =p For those of you that forgot, and were invited for this deal, you can quickly login to Futureshop and amend your payment method to charge purchase to your AMEX card.
★★ WTB: Seagate ST31000524AS Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Model ★★
★★ Brand New Sealed Pokemon Go Plus Bracelet $80 ★★
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
6083 posts
5748 upvotes
GT-EH
livemink wrote:
Nov 16th, 2011 3:16 pm
How does this work? Do I need to fill out a form? or just go to futureshop and pay with AMEX?

You have to first be invited via email first.
What they send you is a link to click to enroll.
Then you get a 2nd email confirming that your AMEX card is registered and ready for shopping.

What i got was a slightly better offer ... spend 100 and get a 25 credit.
I have the costco true earnings card.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16533 posts
1484 upvotes
never got any email, using amex AMs GOLD business card :cry:
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Jan 14, 2011
282 posts
23 upvotes
To be eligible for this offer, you must be the Basic Cardmember and have received this offer by mail or email from American Express. Fulfillment of this offer is the responsibility of American Express. *If you qualify, the $50 Future Shop Gift Card will be mailed to your Cardmember mailing address up to 12 weeks after December 5, 2011.
so its only good towards a future purchase AND you have to wait 3 months for it
Dec 2, 2008
552 posts
91 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote:
Nov 20th, 2011 9:33 am
You have to first be invited via email first.
What they send you is a link to click to enroll.
Then you get a 2nd email confirming that your AMEX card is registered and ready for shopping.

What i got was a slightly better offer ... spend 100 and get a 25 credit.
I have the costco true earnings card.

i think you are mistaken... here's what my email says - no enrollment:
To qualify for a $50 Future Shop Gift Card, you must charge a minimum purchase of $300 at Future Shop to your American Express Card. Offer is not applicable to American Express Corporate Card purchases. You can qualify one (1) time for this offer. Offer valid at Future Shop locations in Ontario and Alberta or online at futureshop.ca and purchase must be made between November 5, 2011 and December 5, 2011. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. To be eligible to receive a $50 Future Shop Gift Card, your account must be in good standing. Only the American Express Card account ending in XXXXX is eligible for this offer. To be eligible for this offer, you must be the Basic Cardmember and have received this offer by mail or email from American Express. Fulfillment of this offer is the responsibility of American Express. *If you qualify, the $50 Future Shop Gift Card will be mailed to your Cardmember mailing address up to 12 weeks after December 5, 2011.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1209 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
I got the invite by mail and did not read anything about having to enroll. Hopefully that is the case since I made a purchase just for this promo.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1481 posts
81 upvotes
Scarborough
I got the invite by snail mail and email, weird... no sign up required if you got either invite.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 22, 2010
649 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I got this offer in the mail and it doesn't state which card it's good on (I have two Amex's: SPG and Air Miles). Calling Amex was useless, the CSR didn't know about the offer. Is there any other way to tell which card I should use?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5055 posts
240 upvotes
I'm glad I didn't get this as I got (2) different promos on my Airmiles card

(1) Spend $100 get $25 amex card when you shop online at certain retailers

(2) Make 10 transactions by 12/31 and get 50 Airmiles

Did anyone receive these?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1755 posts
173 upvotes
Kitchener
travelgeek wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 2:10 am
I got this offer in the mail and it doesn't state which card it's good on (I have two Amex's: SPG and Air Miles). Calling Amex was useless, the CSR didn't know about the offer. Is there any other way to tell which card I should use?

Not sure if the letter is the same as the e-mail, but in the fine print terms and conditions, my e-mail says "Only the American Express Card account ending in XXXXX is eligible for this offer. To be eligible for this offer, you must be the Basic Cardmember and have received this offer by mail or email from American Express."
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Oct 3, 2005
204 posts
20 upvotes
I got an invite by regular mail too - it was "spend $100 at any of the following online retailers (BestBuy & Futureshop included) and receive a $25 credit". Someone please post up a scan of the postcard and it will answer all of the questions people are asking. I'd post mine up if I had it on me...
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1973 posts
908 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered a 32g Playbook (backordered) a couple of weeks ago & $5 filler (9 v battery) to get over $300. So they ship the battery first and charge my AMEX $5. Which means when the Playbook ships they'll put through a separate charge of $299.99 + tax. Which means I'm pooched and will cancel the order or return it when it arrives. But then I notice there's a $0.70 enviro fee on the Playbook - which takes the order to $300.76 + tax. So that useless cash grab by the province worked in my favor!
× < >