Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Jul 13, 2006
765 posts
26 upvotes
I am with Rogers and like to switch to Bell. Is Bell still selling the 3 months free internet kit somewhere?
Dec 9, 2008
936 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton
UTSC wrote:
Sep 26th, 2011 10:55 pm
I am with Rogers and like to switch to Bell. Is Bell still selling the 3 months free internet kit somewhere?

You just missed the deal. It was $7.99 on Friday during the Dell Days of Deals for 4 months of Bell.
Oct 1, 2010
71 posts
1 upvote
London
UTSC wrote:
Sep 26th, 2011 10:55 pm

it's ok,you still can grab it for $29.99 considering that you can have 4 month free fibe 25 internet service, it's worth paying for $29.99 anyway. :D
Banned
Apr 17, 2009
461 posts
86 upvotes
GeneralDisaray wrote:
Sep 26th, 2011 11:05 pm
You just missed the deal. It was $7.99 on Friday during the Dell Days of Deals for 4 months of Bell.
They pop up at Dell quite often.
Sep 22, 2011
11 posts
2 upvotes
I think it's only for Ontario... in order to counter Rogers 50% off.
Nov 1, 2003
738 posts
64 upvotes
I bought a grab and go kit and was charged at least $60 dollars every month for over usage, I called and they refuse to wave... I asked, "Arn't I suppose to be on a trial? Shouldn't I be able to evaluate how much internet I am using during this 3 months?" All I got was they are not authorized to wave the charges... Called them back several times for different rep, one of them was nice enough to wave one of the 3 $60 dollar over usage charge.

It was like being in a nightmare with Bell, don't watch youtube, netflix, I have to watch what me and my wife is doing... Bell is horrible!!

I returned my modem with the tracking number, then got a letter saying I never returned my modem... Grrrr..... They told me I will be charged blah blah blah... Good thing I have tracking number... Now I got a letter from them... guess what? Its another bill for over usage....! Another $60 dollars, and there is no way I am paying this, I switched to 3web already, unlimited internet... that's the way it should be, internet should be unlimited, not pay for usage.
Salesperson at Royal LePage Your Community Realty :)
Banned
Jun 19, 2010
791 posts
138 upvotes
OnTheRFDPlace
NOTE: This post is pretty wordy so I hope you have thick skin if you're going to read on...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to express my discontent with the OP and all you other **** (yes *****) that are still with Bell.

You guys are like sheep, they offer you a somewhat worthwhile deal, and you follow, like sheep to the slaughter.

Why do you even think they are able to offer you these mediocre deals? Its to make sure you don't bail and go to TekSavy and Acanac.

Rewind 2-3 years, you think they would have offered you this deal considering the only other competition was like Rogers? Hell no.

By staying with Bell, you are continually pushing $s into their pocket, which in turn hinders the other providers from gettign a better market share.

Please educate yourselves, vote with your wallet, do not accept mediocre deals like this and switch.

Sure the other providers may not be as fast as Fibe 25, but at least they support the full scope of the web and won't hinder your experience with data caps.

I'd bet money that all the people raving and signing up for these deals are worthless ******* who use the internet for browsing and checking e-mail. No self respecting sub 40 year old would fall for this shady tactics as all subscribers basically support Bell's usage billing.

Keep it **** keep accepting these mediocre retention deals and we'll be back to square 1 with Overage charges of $50-$100 with monthly bills for $100+...

*sigh... end rant*

I wish I was able to unthank the OP for posting this worthless post and hurting the interests of all Canadian consumers.
Hurley, Hurley Bernard!
!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
3814 posts
766 upvotes
hurley_bernard wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 1:27 pm
NOTE: This post is pretty wordy so I hope you have thick skin if you're going to read on...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to express my discontent with the OP and all you other **** (yes ****) that are still with Bell.

You guys are like sheep, they offer you a somewhat worthwhile deal, and you follow, like sheep to the slaughter.

Why do you even think they are able to offer you these mediocre deals? Its to make sure you don't bail and go to TekSavy and Acanac.

Rewind 2-3 years, you think they would have offered you this deal considering the only other competition was like Rogers? Hell no.

By staying with Bell, you are continually pushing $s into their pocket, which in turn hinders the other providers from gettign a better market share.

Please educate yourselves, vote with your wallet, do not accept mediocre deals like this and switch.

Sure the other providers may not be as fast as Fibe 25, but at least they support the full scope of the web and won't hinder your experience with data caps.

I'd bet money that all the people raving and signing up for these deals are worthless ******* who use the internet for browsing and checking e-mail. No self respecting sub 40 year old would fall for this shady tactics as all subscribers basically support Bell's usage billing.

Keep it up, and soon we'll have the other providers leaving because they cant get a good slice of the market share because ***** keep accepting these mediocre retention deals and we'll be back to square 1 with Overage charges of $50-$100 with monthly bills for $100+...

*sigh... end rant*

I wish I was able to unthank the OP for posting this worthless post and hurting the interests of all Canadian consumers.

perhaps they wouldn't stay with Bell if these other companies offered them a better deal. Not everyone needs unlimited data. For most a cheaper price is the best deal, that is voting with your wallet. If these other companies were cheaper than Bell then I'm sure they would have switched. If I was paying $80 a month and could switch to another company for $60 a month and Bell offered be 50% off so I only pay $40 a month then why would I switch?
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Banned
Jun 19, 2010
791 posts
138 upvotes
OnTheRFDPlace
NightRain wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 1:33 pm
perhaps they wouldn't stay with Bell if these other companies offered them a better deal. Not everyone needs unlimited data. For most a cheaper price is the best deal, that is voting with your wallet. If these other companies were cheaper than Bell then I'm sure they would have switched. If I was paying $80 a month and could switch to another company for $60 a month and Bell offered be 50% off so I only pay $40 a month then why would I switch?

"Not everyone needs unlimited data".

Right, which is why I assumed that most of the people staying here are worthless ******** who use their net only to check email and surf the web, if you do anything more (youtube/gaming/downloading/streaming netflix), ie: USING THE NET IN ALL ITS CAPABILITIES. Bell's plans should not accommodate you.

Now, let's take into account the practical needs of "NEEDING" a 25mbps connection vs a 10mbps connection. I can guarantee you, you can't come up with 3 things where you NEED a 25mbps connection over a 10mbps connection while not needing Unlimited to go with it. Considering you can't think of these 3, the "cheaper" alternative would be the 10mbps/unlimited cable plan, where you save money, and get unlimited (thus making a point to bell that you do not support these usage based billings), while having a practically fast speeds (whatever you can do with 25mbps in practical terms that doesnt need unlimited bandwidth, you can do with 10mbps).

Also, like I said, sure they're offering 50% off, but WHY are they offering 50% off? To make sure you don't join the competition and support them. If enough people leave stating the reason, I am sure that their next retention package would be 60% off, 70% off, or 3 months free and then 50% off for a year, etc etc.

Do you guys know that Canada is one of the worst countries in terms of internet pricing relative to what we get? Why is that? Because ignorant customers keep accepting these retention plans... Keep it up and in a few years when we won't have Teksavy or Acanac, don't complain that your bill is what it was like back in 2007 and your speeds are like what they were back in 2002! :mad:
Hurley, Hurley Bernard!
!
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Sep 24th, 2011 1:34 pm
Why would you go Bell? So they can sell your ass down the river and give up your info willy nilly without argument

tru dat!

Bell gives info to the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT on Canadians

Bell = sellouts

FU bell!
Sep 9, 2011
29 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
hurley_bernard wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 1:43 pm
Because ignorant customers keep accepting these retention plans... Keep it up and in a few years when we won't have Teksavy or Acanac, don't complain that your bill is what it was like back in 2007 and your speeds are like what they were back in 2002! :mad:
On the contrary, its because people like my mother don't know about these plans and don't abuse them. When people will realize that they can save 25-50% off their plan, Bell will just drop their standard plans price to be more competitive.
btw Bell and cogeco invested a lot since 2002 to deploy optic fiber/modernize their equipments. Speed and bandwidth have improved greatly.
hurley_bernard wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 1:43 pm
Do you guys know that Canada is one of the worst countries in terms of internet pricing relative to what we get? Why is that?
Maybe you should take a look at this list :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _capacity)
Jan 11, 2009
308 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
hurley_bernard wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 1:27 pm

I would like to express my discontent with the OP and all you other **** (yes ****) that are still with Bell.

I'd bet money that all the people raving and signing up for these deals are worthless ****** who use the internet for browsing and checking e-mail. No self respecting sub 40 year old would fall for this shady tactics as all subscribers basically support Bell's usage billing.

Keep it up, and soon we'll have the other providers leaving because they cant get a good slice of the market share because **** keep accepting these mediocre retention deals and we'll be back to square 1 with Overage charges of $50-$100 with monthly bills for $100+...

*sigh... end rant*

Followed your advice about 2 months ago and signed up for teksavvy – been getting absolutely horrible speeds – my 15MB plan barely goes over 5MB during peak hours – I have youtube video that takes minutes to load. I was with bell prior to that on the 6 MB plan and always got 6MB
I will pay for a service that is reliable and delivers on whats advertised - probably go back to bell as I never had a problem with them and the only reason I switched was because I listened to ‘****’ like yourself
I have never gone over my cap and anyone with a 9-5 job probably will never go over an 80gig cap because there really isn’t enough time to download/stream etc. the only dumbasses complaining of going over their caps are people who are at home all day or students who share the same connection.
Sep 9, 2011
29 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
xseanx wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 2:05 pm
Followed your advice about 2 months ago and signed up for teksavvy – been getting absolutely horrible speeds – my 15MB plan barely goes over 5MB during peak hours – I have youtube video that takes minutes to load. I was with bell prior to that on the 6 MB plan and always got 6MB
I will pay for a service that is reliable and delivers on whats advertised - probably go back to bell as I never had a problem with them and the only reason I switched was because I listened to ‘****’ like yourself
I have never gone over my cap and anyone with a 9-5 job probably will never go over an 80gig cap because there really isn’t enough time to download/stream etc. the only dumbasses complaining of going over their caps are people who are at home all day or students who share the same connection.
I don't understand how people can go over a 80-100gig cap alone. Thats like 2.5-3.5gig per day. You gotta stay home all nights to bust when a movie is 0.7-1.4gig and a game like 5-8gig. And that's when you dont have a bonus 20-40gig from bell through retention. lol
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
1510 posts
797 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Paying about 35 bucks for Fibe 25 for 12 months/no contract. THANKS OP!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1584 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
antoinebrault wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 2:10 pm
I don't understand how people can go over a 80-100gig cap alone. Thats like 2.5-3.5gig per day. You gotta stay home all nights to bust when a movie is 0.7-1.4gig and a game like 5-8gig. And that's when you dont have a bonus 20-40gig from bell through retention. lol

I did 15gigs in three days just with netflix. Now do you understand?
× < >