Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Sep 9, 2011
29 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
drdrma wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 2:34 pm
I did 15gigs in three days just with netflix. Now do you understand?

yeah by watching like 15 hours of content. Theirs probably like 0.1% of the population that streams that much/doesn't have a life.
I can just keep my torrents open 24/7 and cry on forums that bell cap is too small at 80-100gig per month... it cost 5$ to get additional 40gig/free through retentions (http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpInt_Vas_enhanced.page)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1586 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
antoinebrault wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 2:43 pm
yeah by watching like 15 hours of content. Theirs probably like 0.1% of the population that streams that much/doesn't have a life.
I can just keep my torrents open 24/7 and cry on forums that bell cap is too small at 80-100gig per month... it cost 5$ to get additional 40gig/free through retentions (http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpInt_Vas_enhanced.page)

Hey buddy, if you're going to be a jerk, you should be at least right. 15 gigs = 7.5 hours. ~3 hours a night. Completely reasonable.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1553 posts
145 upvotes
are the people that are getting this deal already with bell internet? i'd assume that you wouldn't be able to get this deal as a new customer...would you?
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
183 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
zaidyboy wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 2:14 pm
Paying about 35 bucks for Fibe 25 for 12 months/no contract. THANKS OP!!!!

Glad it worked out :D
May 3, 2010
206 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP for posting this!

Originally I thought I was SOL cuz I just signed a new contract back in July 2011. But I just spoke with the loyalty department and was able to get the 50% off on Fibe25 for a year. It was actually REALLY easy and all I had to do was ask for the 50% off discount (I said a friend of mine got it and I missed the boat by a few months). Didn't even have to threaten to cancel.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Initial offer $10/off, 12mo contract and bonus no rental fees forever.

I mentioned that 'buddy' called and got 50% discount for 12months no term & I would prefer that offer.

Dude said 'will look but it's only avail in certain areas'.

30seconds later., Bingo! It was available in mine & hooked it up. Didn't get free extra bandwidth though. Kinda lazy to call back for that.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
May 3, 2010
206 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Just another update, I was able to get an additional 40GB cap on top for free. There's a promotion going on in parallel for $5 off any additional usage package. Previous poster, I'd suggest calling back and using the same line "my buddy just got $5 off additional bandwidth" :)
Feb 20, 2009
986 posts
137 upvotes
I work at a Bell dealer and this has been standard offer for the last little bit 50% off first 12 months no contract.
May 3, 2010
206 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
u0dcameron, any promotion for home phone or TV? :)
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
u0dcameron wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 4:56 pm
I work at a Bell dealer and this has been standard offer for the last little bit 50% off first 12 months no contract.

I can't believe this is a RETAIL promo. Pls confirm.

Avail to current accounts? New Activations? Same deal exactly? If yes, that's quite impressive of Bell. They must really be desperate.

@peety6, did you get the free modem rental as well? I'd love to get BOTH discounts :) . Free rental AND free useage ins pkg.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
282 upvotes
Onterrible
edmondt wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 11:43 am
I bought a grab and go kit and was charged at least $60 dollars every month for over usage, I called and they refuse to wave... I asked, "Arn't I suppose to be on a trial? Shouldn't I be able to evaluate how much internet I am using during this 3 months?" All I got was they are not authorized to wave the charges... Called them back several times for different rep, one of them was nice enough to wave one of the 3 $60 dollar over usage charge.

It was like being in a nightmare with Bell, don't watch youtube, netflix, I have to watch what me and my wife is doing... Bell is horrible!!

I returned my modem with the tracking number, then got a letter saying I never returned my modem... Grrrr..... They told me I will be charged blah blah blah... Good thing I have tracking number... Now I got a letter from them... guess what? Its another bill for over usage....! Another $60 dollars, and there is no way I am paying this, I switched to 3web already, unlimited internet... that's the way it should be, internet should be unlimited, not pay for usage.
This is no one's fault but your own. You should know the caps with your internet. They even have a online usage meter that gives you pretty accurate updates... Just because you effed up doesn't mean it's their fault... And you knew you were going over the limit the first month and you did nothing the second, third, or even forth month? Are you kidding me? If I was in our position I would have either bought the insurance for extra bandwidth or stopped downloading so got damn much.

People like you are whats wrong with our society. They think they have some sense of entitlement like they deserve everything. Guess what, no one owes you anything. If you want or need something you should earn it yourself. Not pass the blame on to others when it is clearly not their fault.
I know there are LOTS of times when BELL F**s up. They actually f**ked up my internet right now. But, it was THEIR fault and they know it, so I am getting it resolved. And YES it is a pain in the as$, but at least they are actually owning up to it.
Before you talk s**t look at yourself
hurley_bernard wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 1:27 pm
NOTE: This post is pretty wordy so I hope you have thick skin if you're going to read on...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to express my discontent with the OP and all you other **** (yes ****) that are still with Bell.

You guys are like sheep, they offer you a somewhat worthwhile deal, and you follow, like sheep to the slaughter.

Why do you even think they are able to offer you these mediocre deals? Its to make sure you don't bail and go to TekSavy and Acanac.

Rewind 2-3 years, you think they would have offered you this deal considering the only other competition was like Rogers? Hell no.

By staying with Bell, you are continually pushing $s into their pocket, which in turn hinders the other providers from gettign a better market share.

Please educate yourselves, vote with your wallet, do not accept mediocre deals like this and switch.

Sure the other providers may not be as fast as Fibe 25, but at least they support the full scope of the web and won't hinder your experience with data caps.

I'd bet money that all the people raving and signing up for these deals are worthless ******* who use the internet for browsing and checking e-mail. No self respecting sub 40 year old would fall for this shady tactics as all subscribers basically support Bell's usage billing.

Keep it up, and soon we'll have the other providers leaving because they cant get a good slice of the market share because **** keep accepting these mediocre retention deals and we'll be back to square 1 with Overage charges of $50-$100 with monthly bills for $100+...

*sigh... end rant*

I wish I was able to unthank the OP for posting this worthless post and hurting the interests of all Canadian consumers.

So I am a **** because Bell fits MY NEEDS?
So everyone who doesn't think or vote like you is a ****? You have got to be kidding me.
There are many reasons why some people rather deal with Bell or Rogers or Acanac or Teksavvy. And that is their right and i'm sure most people here are deal hunters enough to know their own got damn needs. They don't need a troll like you throwing slanderous comments around.
But, to call everyone who is with Bell a **** is not only offensive, but ignorant.

Just because you may be a power user in the sense you use a lot of bandwidth doesn't mean the majority of us do.
I just want to let you know that you sound like an ignorant fool. Please EDUCATE YOURSELF before you come into this forum and talk like you're some kind of Buddha!
Check out my >>Blog<< to learn how to get CashBack from Shopping Online! (Almost EVERY online retailer)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1225 posts
31 upvotes
Grab and Go promo is expiring in a month and I called to cancel. Also got offered 50% off with 40GB insurance pack thrown in for free (65GB total). This is on the 6Mb Performance plan (highest I can get).

Took the deal anyway. I think I can live with the 65GB. At $27 after tax for 12 months and no contract, can't beat that price and non-commitment.
May 16, 2011
4 posts
KITCHENER
Macross_Freek wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 6:21 pm
Grab and Go promo is expiring in a month and I called to cancel. Also got offered 50% off with 40GB insurance pack thrown in for free (65GB total). This is on the 6Mb Performance plan (highest I can get).

Took the deal anyway. I think I can live with the 65GB. At $27 after tax for 12 months and no contract, can't beat that price and non-commitment.
Thanks OP and the above author, just got the same thing and all I had to do was ask, really easy!! Saves me $345 for the next year which is some good coin! I only wish Bell would be proactive and offer this without us always having to ask every 12 months. Anyhow, great savings again from RFD!!

Paul
Banned
Jun 19, 2010
791 posts
138 upvotes
OnTheRFDPlace
Macross_Freek wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 6:21 pm

See, another uneducated consumer... See what I mean?

http://www.acanac.com/DSL.html
Same speed, $2 more, but unlimited, but commitment for a year :(
If you don't want the commitment, then try them free for a month, before comitting. You'd pay total of $2/month extra, which is $24/year extra, and get UNLIMITED! Seems like the fractional increase in cost is justified, no? Unless of course, you only surf the web and check your hotmail, which is what I assume you do.

or how about this:
http://teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp
An extra $4/month, no comittment, but takes your cap from 65GB to 300GB. Is Bell willing to offer you 235GB for $4? Hell no, you just said that's the max you'd get!

So yeah, although Bell may "technically" win on the lowest pricing in your case, it doesn't mean its the best value. Maybe if all you do is browse rfd and check your hotmail, yeah...... enjoy the ripoff. :o
Hurley, Hurley Bernard!
!
Apr 19, 2006
44 posts
10 upvotes
Scarborough
Paul11 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2011 7:04 pm
Thanks OP and the above author, just got the same thing and all I had to do was ask, really easy!! Saves me $345 for the next year which is some good coin! I only wish Bell would be proactive and offer this without us always having to ask every 12 months. Anyhow, great savings again from RFD!!

Paul

Who did you call in to talk to? Retention/loyalty (ie took the cancellation tree on their phone system), or just a regular CSR?
× < >