Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32243 posts
5401 upvotes
SuJu wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 5:59 pm
Why aren't people just opting to go with Electronic Box? Am I missing something?
Maybe EB is not available where some people live? I think I asked months ago and was told they didn't service my area.

You are right. If Bell screws me over, I may consider EB. The pricing for DSL is very competitive except we have to add the $10 modem rental fee.

http://www.electronicbox.net/en/ontario ... ernet.html
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2776 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
So surprise surprise..I was one of the first ones to note that my previous 50% off deal was coming to an end in November.2012 - I called to cancel and 2 weeks later got a call from loyalty or marketing department (who knows) for another 50% off for 1 more year (Fibe 25) and extra 100GB usage for $10 (instead of $20) ..so I said ok, renewed and done

December bill was a little odd, only got charged for usage, no internet

January bill came, got charged full price for Fibe 25 for December AND January and full $20 for extra usage..call in..got told there is no such 50% off promo, not sure why it got offered to me, basically got told screw yourself on this January bill gotta pay full amount but that he will give me 6 months from now forward absolutely free for Fibe 25

I took that, and will leave after 6 months is done, but am really pissed about the bill, I was promised 50% off, you would think they would atleast discount something, going to call again today and complain, hate bell, and after my free promo is done, im gone
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1373 posts
81 upvotes
dishwallaboi wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 9:24 pm
I was able to call Bell retentions a few minutes ago for the Bell Fibe Internet 15/10 with 325GB for $47.95 per month for 8 months for a 1 year agreement. I also have Bell home phone for $9.95 per month and Bell Fibe TV (Better Programming) for $68.95 per month (free for the first 3 months - Best Programming).

Home Phone: $9.95
Internet 15/10 325GB: $47.95
Fibe TV (Better): $68.95
Total (monthly): $126.85 = Very happy Bell bundle customer!

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread.

If Bell offered you 325 Gb on a Fibe 15/10 with a price of $47.95 per month for Eight months for a one -year agreement

I wonder how much they will offer me on a 2 MBps speed with just 25 GB Bandwidth per month.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32243 posts
5401 upvotes
May wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:34 am
If Bell offered you 325 Gb on a Fibe 15/10 with a price of $47.95 per month for Eight months for a one -year agreement

I wonder how much they will offer me on a 2 MBps speed with just 25 GB Bandwidth per month.
If I prorate the monthly fee based on fraction of speed and bandwidth, you should be paying $5-7/month but that is not happening I'm afraid.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1373 posts
81 upvotes
wmahmud wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:27 am
So surprise surprise..I was one of the first ones to note that my previous 50% off deal was coming to an end in November.2012 - I called to cancel and 2 weeks later got a call from loyalty or marketing department (who knows) for another 50% off for 1 more year (Fibe 25) and extra 100GB usage for $10 (instead of $20) ..so I said ok, renewed and done

December bill was a little odd, only got charged for usage, no internet

January bill came, got charged full price for Fibe 25 for December AND January and full $20 for extra usage..call in..got told there is no such 50% off promo, not sure why it got offered to me, basically got told screw yourself on this January bill gotta pay full amount but that he will give me 6 months from now forward absolutely free for Fibe 25

I took that, and will leave after 6 months is done, but am really pissed about the bill, I was promised 50% off, you would think they would atleast discount something, going to call again today and complain, hate bell, and after my free promo is done, im gone

Just wondering when you were talking with loyalty department did you ask them for a reference number followed by a Confirmation Number to your Email.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2776 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure - would that help me? I can go back to my email and check, the guy yesterday said it was someone from Marketing that called and offered me that, and not sure why when there is no such 50% off deal at all (or even possible to give)

Its clearly marked in my notes that someone called, but he said they "cant do it" - why offer something? basically a scam, im pretty pissed, going to call again today, so what if I got 6 months free, I got a jumbo bill all at once for something I should be getting at 50% off (atleast decrease my current bill to half and I would have been ok with the mistake)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2776 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
Its not like they go and listen to the call (even though they are all recorded)
Sep 22, 2012
223 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Bye bye Bell. It was fun while it lasts. I think many of the people who signed up with the 50% off promotion are all having their deals being expired and will likely look elsewhere when Bell isn't working to try to keep them.
The few L&R agents I spoke with all offering like $5 or $10 off and made it like a big deal. Also, the most offered bandwidth I got was 150gb.

I finally pulled the trigger and canceled. Called Rogers to sign up the $45, 35up/3down with 200gb bandwidth.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1444 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm sure a lot of people are leaving Bell... I was going to stay with them when they offered me 30% off, except the 30% discount was really 23% in my case because they factor in their bundle discounts. So their discount is really $4 less than 30% off...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1262 posts
537 upvotes
wmahmud wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:03 am
Not sure - would that help me? I can go back to my email and check, the guy yesterday said it was someone from Marketing that called and offered me that, and not sure why when there is no such 50% off deal at all (or even possible to give)

Its clearly marked in my notes that someone called, but he said they "cant do it" - why offer something? basically a scam, im pretty pissed, going to call again today, so what if I got 6 months free, I got a jumbo bill all at once for something I should be getting at 50% off (atleast decrease my current bill to half and I would have been ok with the mistake)
Getting six months free is pretty much unheard of. To my knowledge, there are no anecdotes of anyone receiving more than 3 months free in the history of this thread. Therefore I suggest that you get a case #, and check your bills very carefully from month 4-6, because you are likely to get screwed. You really hit the jackpot if it is true.

Once it is over, you can negotiate for another 50% discount!
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32243 posts
5401 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:25 pm
I'm sure a lot of people are leaving Bell... I was going to stay with them when they offered me 30% off, except the 30% discount was really 23% in my case because they factor in their bundle discounts. So their discount is really $4 less than 30% off...
After Suju reminding of Electronic Box, I'm going to ask about availability in my area. It seems the best compromise with the 25/10 since the dry loop fee is waived and I didn't know about the free download period though with DMCA takedowns, I'm finding myself downloading less material off the web.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1262 posts
537 upvotes
May wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:50 am
Just wondering when you were talking with loyalty department did you ask them for a reference number followed by a Confirmation Number to your Email.
HA HA Someone is about to get screwed. I can't even count the amount of times I've gotten "too good to be true" offers from Bell Loyalty, that never translated into reality. And whenever I called in after looking at my bill, they can't do anything without a confirmation and reference number.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1373 posts
81 upvotes
wmahmud wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:03 am

Trust me on this, I spoke with so many bell Agents for the past Eight years & when I finish talking to them I ask for a Reference number, Bell Agent ID number plus a Confirmation number about all the conversation & to be mailed to my personal Bell Sympatico Email.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1262 posts
537 upvotes
May wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:51 pm
Trust me on this, I spoke with so many bell Agents for the past Eight years & when I finish talking to them I ask for a Reference number, Bell Agent ID number plus a Confirmation number about all the conversation & to be mailed to my personal Bell Sympatico Email.
+1 Anyone who doesn't do this will be screwed royally.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32243 posts
5401 upvotes
May wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:51 pm
Sounds akin to sending a chat transcript to my email after the session is over. But it's a good idea to ask for those details (I didn't I can ask for those as some chat agents only give a confirmation number). I'll be sure to ask for them in the future though what exactly is the difference between reference and confirmation? Is reference the subject matter while confirmation is what Bell's response is to our request (discounts, credits)?

I subscribe to some Bell services so these tips will come in handy.
× < >