• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2012 1:34 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2008
210 posts
51 upvotes
Niagara Falls

50% off HID Kits - HIDExtra

HIDEXTRA's EPIC BLACK FRIDAY SALE IS BACK FOR ONE FINAL HOORAH!
We are saying our final goodbye's to the Black Friday event, so this is your last chance to get an amazing deal on THE brand in HID Xenon Kits.
http://www.hidextra.com

If your unsure what your hookup is for you car, check out this site:
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applicat ... gmain.aspx

Edit: Seems to be $24 to ship to Canada (Free within the US), however if you live close to the border, ship the lights to CBI or a US PO/Address and just go pick them up. I'll be shipping mine to CBIUSA probably, save $25 :)
40 replies
[OP]
Jul 25, 2008
210 posts
51 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Not yet, it's standard FREE SHIPPING on all orders shipped within the continental United States. As for Canada, I'm going to order soon and will report back..

Edit: Seems to be $24 to ship to Canada, however if you live close to the border, ship the lights to CBI or a US PO/Address and just go pick them up. I'll be shipping mine to CBIUSA probably, save $25 :)
Aug 25, 2006
792 posts
153 upvotes
Anyone experiences with their product? Is it any good? Durable? Yes there is shipping charges
[OP]
Jul 25, 2008
210 posts
51 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I had a buddy buy a pair, said they were great and they certainly looked good.
Oct 19, 2010
63 posts
12 upvotes
Abbotsford
25$ to ship to canada...hmmm...54.98 all in for fog-lights for my Xterra.

I don't know HIDs, is this a good deal?
Apr 8, 2007
165 posts
9 upvotes
I'm going to be that person. These kits should be illegal. Which they actually are. Blinding everyone else on the road so you can have blue lights is not beneficial to anyone except your self. But that's not going to stop anyone from buying them. If you want HID's do it right and use projectors. In anything else your just annoying everyone else on the road. /rant
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4362 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered! Thanks!
ES PRODUCTIONS
Professional Photography Services

#KeepFightingMichael
Oct 1, 2002
315 posts
23 upvotes
bnevets27 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2012 2:26 am
I'm going to be that person. These kits should be illegal. Which they actually are. Blinding everyone else on the road so you can have blue lights is not beneficial to anyone except your self. But that's not going to stop anyone from buying them. If you want HID's do it right and use projectors. In anything else your just annoying everyone else on the road. /rant
Ditto.
stv
Tool & Die maker
[OP]
Jul 25, 2008
210 posts
51 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bnevets27 wrote:
I agree to disagree here. It app depends on the lighting housing and if they're aligned when setup. If it's done right, there will not be any problem, otherwise, if you don't align your lights correctly and have a lens housing for the wrong type of bulb, it will do just that and blind people.
Nov 27, 2004
872 posts
31 upvotes
Do you go with the 35 or 55watt ballast?
Nov 10, 2008
61 posts
bnevets27 wrote:

Yup. It's only a matter of time until someone causes an accident and finds out their insurance won't cover them because of illegal modifications made to their vehicle...
Braunson wrote:
Nov 24th, 2012 9:03 am
I agree to disagree here. It app depends on the lighting housing and if they're aligned when setup. If it's done right, there will not be any problem, otherwise, if you don't align your lights correctly and have a lens housing for the wrong type of bulb, it will do just that and blind people.
Except that 99.9999999% of people don't do it properly. So they end up blinding everyone else on the road, they make their car look stupid, and they have an inefficient, unfocused beam of light. I have seen a few people who have done it correctly, and it's quite a labor intensive process...proper lenses, proper cutoffs, etc...

Even when done correctly it's still illegal...luckily for most people who have done this, it is very rarely enforced.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
2647 posts
160 upvotes
Braunson wrote:
Nov 24th, 2012 9:03 am
Please if anyone is buying - have it aligned PROPERLY.

Also - if you drive any 4x4 or SUV.... and don't have projector housing, good god do us a favour and stay away from these.. You have no idea how BAD it is for sedan/coupe drivers at night with your Sh*t reflecting and lighting up our entire car.
Oct 1, 2005
492 posts
93 upvotes
Kitchener
Hopefully those shipping charges keep more of these off the road :P
× < >