• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2012 10:39 am
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2011
178 posts
38 upvotes
KINGSTON
I've been using a soda stream for over a year, pretty amazing.

And such a great deal for a second one, can't beat $80 shipped.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1534 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
Vladimir wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 1:47 pm
Snip snip.....

I am not entirely sure which solution I am going to go with yet. I do actually have a paintball tank so I may end up just doing the sodamod one instead, then I won't have to worry about replacing valves and whatnot
SodaMod is the way to go.

Less headache and actually cheaper than any of the CO2 Doctor systems.

Just pick up a few 9oz-14oz paintball tanks (I found 9oz tanks for as low as $15 online), fill them and attach the Sodamod adapter onto the fresh tank.

Refill tanks as needed.
.... I see, a bright past ....
but it's starting to dim.
Nov 29, 2012
1 posts
CHARLESBOURG
MeiserT wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 4:30 am
SodaMod is the way to go.

Less headache and actually cheaper than any of the CO2 Doctor systems.

Just pick up a few 9oz-14oz paintball tanks (I found 9oz tanks for as low as $15 online), fill them and attach the Sodamod adapter onto the fresh tank.

Refill tanks as needed.
Not true.

CO2Doctor has their adapter on sale at the ebay site for $37.99 which is almost $20 less than the soda mod. Based on what I've read, the soda mod is a pilfered copy of the doctor's design. No wonder they can sell them for less, its obvious that the doctor s the real manufacturer.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2228 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
So I got mine this week, seems awesome, however I am very disappointed with their syrups.
I have tried both the cola and the root beer, and while I did find it ok, I hate the splenda in it. I don't get why they even put it in it when they already have sugar in it.. I don't get why they have both...
Oh well, maybe I will have to try some of those italian syrups instead.
Aug 27, 2006
816 posts
20 upvotes
I received a sodastream for my bday...really happy with it.

Looking to do the sodamod....however....

Where is the cheapest/best place to get spare tanks refilled? Where is the cheapest place to buy spare tanks? (In Greater Toronto Area)

Is all C02 refilling places the same and ok for consumption (is it safe to use CO2 used to refill air guns and other items)?

Thanks.
Aug 12, 2012
6 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
lip wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 1:48 pm
I received a sodastream for my bday...really happy with it.

Looking to do the sodamod....however....

Where is the cheapest/best place to get spare tanks refilled? Where is the cheapest place to buy spare tanks? (In Greater Toronto Area)

Is all C02 refilling places the same and ok for consumption (is it safe to use CO2 used to refill air guns and other items)?

Thanks.
I'm wondering this too, also GTA.
× < >