• May 24th, 2019 10:12 am
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MaGeol wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 1:34 pm
If they cease operations, there may well be no returns/warranty going forward.
Well, I still have life time warranty from the sears parka. Only if I can find a store to claim the warranty.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Apr 10, 2011
507 posts
254 upvotes
MaGeol wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 1:34 pm
If they cease operations, there may well be no returns/warranty going forward.
If worse comes to worse I guess I can try to sell on Kijiji or FB Marketplace. I'm not worried too much about the warranty.....
Dec 14, 2018
69 posts
32 upvotes
Thanks op. I got the men's vest for $60.00, which is a great deal as its regularly 160.00. Where else are you going to get a 800 Fill Goose Down vest for this price! I hope the company does not go under, but if it does. This is still a great deal, not much can go wrong with clothing that can't easily be fixed. And even better, as it would then be a collectors itemSmiling Face With Open Mouth I also prefer their logo than some big brand name.
Jan 23, 2019
67 posts
27 upvotes
Leafs Nation
I already have a Marmot vest, or I'd be interested in the vest as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4133 posts
865 upvotes
Kitchener
A pair of rain pants for $34 shipped? Why the hell not?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Mar 27, 2011
636 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have a men's black Assiniboine size L that they're thinking of cancelling? Toronto GTA area. Give me a shout! Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mjtree wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 9:32 pm
Thanks op. I got the men's vest for $60.00, which is a great deal as its regularly 160.00. Where else are you going to get a 800 Fill Goose Down vest for this price! I hope the company does not go under, but if it does. This is still a great deal, not much can go wrong with clothing that can't easily be fixed. And even better, as it would then be a collectors itemSmiling Face With Open Mouth I also prefer their logo than some big brand name.
I am just curious. Why wear vest?
With parka, you can just wear it on a t shirt.
How do you make use of the vest to keep yourself warm?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3826 posts
659 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:36 am
The vest protects the vital organs, keeping them warm. You don't always need a ton of warmth. I like a vest over a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt when it warms up or in fall.

Also, it can be used for layering, beneath a winter coat.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jcon wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:39 am
The vest protects the vital organs, keeping them warm. You don't always need a ton of warmth. I like a vest over a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt when it warms up or in fall.

Also, it can be used for layering, beneath a winter coat.
So you just wear the vest over a long sleeve t shirt and walk outside? Wont your arm feel cold?
I did some digging and have some idea of how to dress it.
https://www.gentlemanwithin.com/how-to- ... ffer-vest/
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3826 posts
659 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:41 am
So you just wear the vest over a long sleeve t shirt and walk outside? Wont your arm feel cold?
No. I'm not wearing my vest in minus 20. Most of the time it's about maintaining a certain amount of heat. It's all about layering.
Jan 23, 2019
67 posts
27 upvotes
Leafs Nation
jcon wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:45 am
No. I'm not wearing my vest in minus 20. Most of the time it's about maintaining a certain amount of heat. It's all about layering.
+1

Layering is crucial.
Dec 14, 2018
69 posts
32 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:36 am
I'm very active and often outdoors mountain biking, hiking and cross country skiing. I want more freedom of movement plus always wear layers so you can easily add or take off an item. I probably wear a vest 10 months of the year and even at -15c I will use a vest with a polar fleece jacket, poly shirt and merino wool t-shirt as a base layer.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3670 posts
1219 upvotes
Montreal
... and a vest takes up less space if you're carrying it in a backpack.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1280 posts
684 upvotes
condo
Are taxes being calculated correctly? Seems to me that they are charging GST and PST even though they have no retail stores in BC and seem to be an online retailer only...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10634 posts
2856 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
tmonies wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 6:31 pm
Are taxes being calculated correctly? Seems to me that they are charging GST and PST even though they have no retail stores in BC and seem to be an online retailer only...
Do they not have to charge both if they operate in Canada?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada