Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

5000 Lumen Cree flashlight with 4x 18650 + charger $33.90 shipped!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2015 8:31 am
Tags:
None
Feb 12, 2012
459 posts
476 upvotes

5000 Lumen Cree flashlight with 4x 18650 + charger $33.90 shipped!

5000 lumen flash light with batteries and charger for $33.90 USD with coupon code FBEB3. Seems like an awesome deal considering the batteries and charger would probably cost you at least half the price on their own.

http://www.eachbuyer.com/bronze-cree-le ... 32338.html

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2nk2e03.jpg[/IMG]
16 replies
Jul 14, 2009
695 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
The product seems to be called the "SKYRAY Aluminum Super Bright"

Here is an Amazon link for a 3800 LM version (not sure if the 5000 LM is just artificially inflated btw): http://www.amazon.com/Carry360-Super-Br ... merReviews

The build quality for the light looks pretty good from the pics, but I'll feel sketch using those cheap 18650s =S
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
What do you light up with 3800/5000 lumens?
Dec 2, 2006
303 posts
228 upvotes
Chilliwack
Mars! Help the rover work during Mars nighttime.
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
zz000ter wrote: What do you light up with 3800/5000 lumens?
Lumen is a very different term in china.

But yea, those 18650 look shady as hell, probably rebranded batteries. And that charger, I wouldn't leave that plugged in anywhere without being there.
Nov 25, 2004
190 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Raptor200637 wrote: Lumen is a very different term in china. They always seem to be adding a couple zeros.
highly over inflated! and they are not tested lumens they are just taking the leds max lumen rating on overdrive and since you have 3 Leds you can then x3 the rating right? heh which is really the wrong way to do lumen ratings. If you look at Maglite.com and Surefire.com you will find most of their products don't rate up to like even a 1000 lumens but somehow are just as bright. Reason is they actually test their lights in a standardized light sphere to capture real lumen ratings. I've seen 10k lumen ratings which is hilarious because that should be able to burn a hole in your wall.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
5000 lumens? Get real....lol
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Azreal911 wrote: highly over inflated! and they are not tested lumens they are just taking the leds max lumen rating on overdrive and since you have 3 Leds you can then x3 the rating right? heh which is really the wrong way to do lumen ratings. If you look at Maglite.com and Surefire.com you will find most of their products don't rate up to like even a 1000 lumens but somehow are just as bright. Reason is they actually test their lights in a standardized light sphere to capture real lumen ratings. I've seen 10k lumen ratings which is hilarious because that should be able to burn a hole in your wall.
Heh, you wouldn't happen to be a fellow CPF member would you? Which I doubt really as you shop on maglite and surefire :D
Aug 16, 2009
716 posts
587 upvotes
I love how these companies have 3000+ lumens lol.
I've compared a few against my LED JW Speaker Evolution headlights which are 1,350 raw and 760 effective lumens and these so called 3000+ lumen flashlights don't even come close.
I know it's not apple to apples but the JWs are accurately rated and kill these cheap flashlights with mega lumen claims.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Raptor200637 wrote: Heh, you wouldn't happen to be a fellow CPF member would you? Which I doubt really as you shop on maglite and surefire :D
not all cpf members hate on surefire and maglite (hint: me)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
My 900lm light can probably blind you through a closed eyelid. I can't even imagine what a real 5000 would be.
Oct 21, 2005
564 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: not all cpf members hate on surefire and maglite (hint: me)
I don't hate Maglite, their body is great for mod lights. I find it funny though, when high power lumen ratings are discussed, someone saw it fit to mention this brand.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
chiefsurfer wrote: I don't hate Maglite, their body is great for mod lights. I find it funny though, when high power lumen ratings are discussed, someone saw it fit to mention this brand.
they mentioned them because their lumen ratings are actually true and verified, unlike the light of this deal.

Most people who are into flashlights don't care about getting so many lumens, it's about getting the correct beam, battery versatility, run profile, and form factors for their particular need. This light seems to have none of that going on.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wow a Chinese cheap light with lions. NO THANKS that's a disaster waiting to happen!

I have a true 3700 lumen light and it is blinding to say the least. Been on CPF forever and I have gone through my fix of custom titanium lights lol
Nov 25, 2004
190 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Raptor200637 wrote: Heh, you wouldn't happen to be a fellow CPF member would you? Which I doubt really as you shop on maglite and surefire :D
Well Yes i'm a cpf member who else would care about lumens that much here and apparently there are others. I do own a surefire and mag as well as alot of other "high lumen" rated stuff or so they say. But you have to collect a wide variety if you really are crazy about lights. using a maglite and surefire example is good because they are well known brands in north america which anyone can relate to and not known to "exaggerate" their ratings.
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
warpdrive wrote: not all cpf members hate on surefire and maglite (hint: me)
I'm just a natural hater. I also have plenty of hate for Olight, Eagletach and Armytekk because I've been waiting for that darn Grizzly for way too long.

Lumen ratings mean very little when you look at how each company actually do their "testing".
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Raptor200637 wrote: I'm just a natural hater. I also have plenty of hate for Olight, Eagletach and Armytekk because I've been waiting for that darn Grizzly for way too long.

Lumen ratings mean very little when you look at how each company actually do their "testing".
The only companies that don't use a standard to test their lights are these cheap Chinese knock offs. All reputable companies use the same standard for lumens. So I'm not quite sure what you mean about "testing".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)