Personal Finance

51% of Canadians living paycheque to paycheque. Are you?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2014 12:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2009
1031 posts
356 upvotes
Just north.
ksgill wrote:
Sep 17th, 2014 12:20 pm
Agreed. Just for the record, I never said that she wasn't to blame at all. I just have a little more sympathy for her than most on this board. Life happens, we need to be prepared for such emergencies especially when there are dependents involved. This makes me wonder how much life insurance she has in case something happens to her... yikes!
Good call. I wonder how many people who live with dependents actually have life insurance in case things happen to the breadwinner. I doubt it's a small number, and even smaller if they live paycheque to paycheque.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
5617 posts
1714 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote:
Sep 17th, 2014 12:35 pm
what daycare? she is not working. Also child benefit is available to everyone. Thirdly, your decision of having children does not constitute my sympathy.
She didn't ask you for sympathy or money?
Nov 10, 2003
725 posts
118 upvotes
Concord
Personal life and a business is very much the same... the key to living a comfortable life is quite basic.

1. Increase cash-flow...
This can be translated in many way, decreasing monthly payments, increasing monthly income.
2. Follow rule #1.

The key is to maintain a healthy diverse cash-flow, from investment, work or side businesses.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1568 upvotes
guyver0 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2014 12:46 pm
Good call. I wonder how many people who live with dependents actually have life insurance in case things happen to the breadwinner. I doubt it's a small number, and even smaller if they live paycheque to paycheque.
We may of lived paycheque to paycheque, but even starting out, as soon as kids entered the picture, life insurance was started as well as RESPs Not sure if all are like that though
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2009
1031 posts
356 upvotes
Just north.
xg3 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2014 12:49 pm
Personal life and a business is very much the same... the key to living a comfortable life is quite basic.

1. Increase cash-flow...
This can be translated in many way, decreasing monthly payments, increasing monthly income.
2. Follow rule #1.

The key is to maintain a healthy diverse cash-flow, from investment, work or side businesses.
Also to diversify your income stream. If you have more than one income stream, there's less disruption than when you work for only one employer.