its close to 1500 per sqft
what are you looking for?
Full-time Realtor
Award Winning Realtor.
Nov 5, 2018
492 posts
568 upvotes
Scarborough
I find this building so ugly, at least from the renderings. But maybe Centrecourt knows this because they took the longest time to release the look of the building. Instead they kept releasing pictures of a top down view from far up, with the building all lit up. Couldn’t make out what it really looked like until recently.

It’s just a glass tower, but an ugly one. I think 88 Queen is far prettier.

In conclusion: an expensive condo that doesn’t look like an expensive condo.
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1704 posts
1671 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: I find this building so ugly, at least from the renderings. But maybe Centrecourt knows this because they took the longest time to release the look of the building. Instead they kept releasing pictures of a top down view from far up, with the building all lit up. Couldn’t make out what it really looked like until recently.

It’s just a glass tower, but an ugly one. I think 88 Queen is far prettier.

In conclusion: an expensive condo that doesn’t look like an expensive condo.
According to urbantoronto architects it looks great and they rarely say it about Toronto towers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9273 posts
4365 upvotes
Centercourt is really building a lot. This looks good to me. If it's priced at $1500/pf that would be disappointing.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9273 posts
4365 upvotes
These clips are pretty funny (Centrecourt interview):

They talk about buyers being tech workers making $150K. How many are making that kind of money? Also, That salary gets you what.....a 1 bedroom, 1+1?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
3543 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
King toronto is $1800/sqft.
Full-time Realtor
Award Winning Realtor.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9273 posts
4365 upvotes
casanova2001 wrote: A new grad out of university (software dev) can be making between 80-100K. As per below link Toronto tech worker Avg salary 100k.

https://www.blogto.com/tech/2019/07/tor ... rage-100k/
I've been in the tech field for almost 20 years. Yes, new grads CAN start at that, but many do not. Remember, average salary is $100K, not 150K like they're talking about in the video.
On top of that, you're not affording much in this building for $100K. You can maybe get a bachelor or 1 bed. You also have to put down 20%. The numbers don't jive. These condos are built for investors, period. The mental gymnastics being played here by builders and agents is hillarious and I'm a BULL!

PS: BlogTO is a terrible source although I'm not disputing the $100K number.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9273 posts
4365 upvotes
oasis100 wrote: King toronto is $1800/sqft.
Another condo built strictly for investors. I also think there are better buys.
Nov 5, 2018
492 posts
568 upvotes
Scarborough
JayLove06 wrote: I've been in the tech field for almost 20 years. Yes, new grads CAN start at that, but many do not. Remember, average salary is $100K, not 150K like they're talking about in the video.
On top of that, you're not affording much in this building for $100K. You can maybe get a bachelor or 1 bed. You also have to put down 20%. The numbers don't jive. These condos are built for investors, period. The mental gymnastics being played here by builders and agents is hillarious and I'm a BULL!

PS: BlogTO is a terrible source although I'm not disputing the $100K number.
I’ve said this before in other threads, but who says these savvy 150K a year earners are going to blow their whole salary on overpaying rent for overrated buildings?

Guys/gals who pull this much income are probably going to be buying their own place, or will at least be smart enough now to squander their whole income on these rentals.

IMO invest close to $1,000 a foot downtown or under $1,000 outside the core, THAT IS if you want to make money in investing.
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Jun 7, 2017
792 posts
556 upvotes
BC
oasis100 wrote: King toronto is $1800/sqft.
Imma check my math skillz. 1000 sq ft for $1.8M?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
3543 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
well. usually larger becomes cheaper. the highest cost per sqft is for the smallest units.
Full-time Realtor
Award Winning Realtor.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)