Tags:
None
Mar 22, 2013
829 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
imajin wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 12:19 pm
Ok so I signed up to the 2 gig plan for my wife on the 26th of december. Went online, and switched to a montreal number. I have to wait till Jan 6th to switch to the Quebec 8 gig plan, but now when i click on change phone number it tells me I have to wait 90 days to change the number again - does that mean I can't port her 416 number until march??
No don't pay attention to that.
Try this, go and change your plan and it should say your next billing cycle and that should be the date that you can change plans or port in your number.
====================================

Dual Sim LG G6 (H870DS) (Black)

Koodo Mobile
$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan

====================================
Dec 19, 2016
11 posts
Can any help me with trying to get the $55/8gb deal from QC.

I'm in Ontario and have a number i'd like to use. I'm looking to purchase the Google pixel 128gb from Koodo with the large tab and sign up for the $55/8gb plan. Can I order from the QC page and choose the plan directly even though I'm in Ontario? I'm guessing that won't go through.

What steps should I take.

Thanks.
Sep 17, 2009
31 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Has anyone here ran into the problem where your phone says "No Service" at the top left? I've tried everything i could find online to get the carrier to show up:

iPhone 6 plus
Removing the SIM Card
Rebooting the phone several times
Switching Airplane mode off and on several times
Going into carrier settings and switching it to Automatic on and off several times
Going into settings > Reset > Network settings

and I've tried getting the SIM swapped. I think I have to call Koodo support but I don't know what to do :(

My account is showing up as the 8GB plan on the koodo website..

Any advice?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3226 posts
502 upvotes
Brampton ON
Bryce Lachance wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 11:01 am
Has anyone here ran into the problem where your phone says "No Service" at the top left? I've tried everything i could find online to get the carrier to show up:

iPhone 6 plus
Removing the SIM Card
Rebooting the phone several times
Switching Airplane mode off and on several times
Going into carrier settings and switching it to Automatic on and off several times
Going into settings > Reset > Network settings

and I've tried getting the SIM swapped. I think I have to call Koodo support but I don't know what to do :(

My account is showing up as the 8GB plan on the koodo website..

Any advice?
try factory reset it happen to me on my iphone once I factory reset everything goes back to normal.
VirginMobile $55 8gb myline
VirginMobile $47 4gb mywife
Freedom Mobile $21 4gb LTE mydaughter
Do A Math Before Signing Contract or Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

May 27, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Happened to my 5C a while ago. There was a small metal piece inside the sim slot that was out of place. I used the SIM card to press against it and when it moved I put the sim back in. Service came back after a few seconds. You could also always try an Apple Store if you don't feel comfortable.
Jan 18, 2017
2 posts
Hey has anybody tried getting this plan with any carrier other than Koodo?

I know Virgin has the same manitoba plan for $48, 5 GB data.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17460 posts
1216 upvotes
AlexK555 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 7:30 pm
Hey has anybody tried getting this plan with any carrier other than Koodo?

I know Virgin has the same manitoba plan for $48, 5 GB data.
Doesn't work.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jan 18, 2017
2 posts
Have you personally tried it?

Just wondering because a poster on here said he has had a similar plan with Virgin for the last two years.
Mar 13, 2011
140 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
This is my 2nd month with the $48 6gb plan and when I check via koodo online, it'll show my plan as $48. But if I go through self serve app, it'll say that my current monthly service place is $56 + tax. Anyone having similar issues or can advise?

Will next month correct itself?
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
42 posts
2 upvotes
ztensa wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 2:52 pm
This is my 2nd month with the $48 6gb plan and when I check via koodo online, it'll show my plan as $48. But if I go through self serve app, it'll say that my current monthly service place is $56 + tax. Anyone having similar issues or can advise?

Will next month correct itself?
What does your detailed bill say (PDF)?
Mar 13, 2011
140 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
valleyguy wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 4:09 pm

What does your detailed bill say (PDF)?
Okay I checked it and I understand now. They credited me for the MB # and charging for the ON #.

Thanks for reminding to look at the detailed billing. It does state that my plan is being billed as $48. It's all good now
Oct 4, 2012
32 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
tgbv001 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 9:47 pm
Can any help me with trying to get the $55/8gb deal from QC.

I'm in Ontario and have a number i'd like to use. I'm looking to purchase the Google pixel 128gb from Koodo with the large tab and sign up for the $55/8gb plan. Can I order from the QC page and choose the plan directly even though I'm in Ontario? I'm guessing that won't go through.

What steps should I take.

Thanks.
Go to howardforums and read the instructions.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3618 posts
285 upvotes
This seems to be an old thread but people are keeping it alive. Is there still hope for this plan or something around price range.

I switch from Bell to Fido and found coverage on Fido is not what they said it is so need a new plan.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Sep 15, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
I am from Ontario, I went to Manitoba for few days, would appreciate if someone can add their input. I do have a Koodo account and I am want to add the 48$ Plan under my account on a new Manitoba phone number without changing the account address.

Is this even possible? I went to Kiosk and he said he cannot do it since my address is in Ontario, I just have few days left before going back and I really need to add that plan under the account

FYI, I do have the Manitoba plan on an Ontario phone back from 3 years ago.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12241 posts
3896 upvotes
Oakville
Yawwza wrote:
Feb 5th, 2017 3:24 pm
I am from Ontario, I went to Manitoba for few days, would appreciate if someone can add their input. I do have a Koodo account and I am want to add the 48$ Plan under my account on a new Manitoba phone number without changing the account address.

Is this even possible? I went to Kiosk and he said he cannot do it since my address is in Ontario, I just have few days left before going back and I really need to add that plan under the account

FYI, I do have the Manitoba plan on an Ontario phone back from 3 years ago.
I don't believe you can do this, no. They've cracked down pretty hard on the $48 plan.
Public Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)