Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$635 pp ALL IN (Sept) YYZ to DR - 7 days all-incl @ 4* Natura Park Beach EcoResort!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2011 12:00 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1226 posts
130 upvotes
Barrie/Toronto

$635 pp ALL IN (Sept) YYZ to DR - 7 days all-incl @ 4* Natura Park Beach EcoResort!

$635 each, includes all taxes/fees from Toronto to Punta Cana in Dominican. 7 days, all inclusive vacation at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

I just bought this yesterday, can't believe I paid $1270 for 2 people for this VERY well reviewed resort on TA: REVIEWS

Yesterday it was for flights leaving: September 9, 13, 16, 20 - other dates in September are $20-60 higher.

It is with Sunwing but I booked through itravel2000 & got petro points! Hopefully others can take advantage of this offer, I've never seen the price this low! :cheesygri
My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
Isn't that hurricane season?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2003
1008 posts
386 upvotes
rems wrote: Isn't that hurricane season?

YEPP!....that's why it's so cheap......all resorts are cheap during that period!

make sure to get hurricane insurance from itravel2000...where if it rains for more than 2 days....you'll get another trip for free!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
catwalk wrote: I just bought this yesterday, can't believe I paid $1270 for 2 people for this VERY well reviewed resort on TA: REVIEWS

Your definition of "VERY WELL" is VERY different from mine... The first pictures on tripadvisor show mold and cockroaches...
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4493 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
link?
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1298 posts
246 upvotes
Stouffville
Stock R wrote: Your definition of "VERY WELL" is VERY different from mine... The first pictures on tripadvisor show mold and cockroaches...

+1

you get what you paid for...

it's a 3* place...so meh.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1226 posts
130 upvotes
Barrie/Toronto
ssj4_ootaku wrote: YEPP!....that's why it's so cheap......all resorts are cheap during that period!
make sure to get hurricane insurance from itravel2000...where if it rains for more than 2 days....you'll get another trip for free!
Hurricane season is June to November & the prices are expensive for most of that time!

The last two hurricanes to hit the Dominican Republic were Georges (a category 3 storm) in September 1998 and Jeanne (a category 1 storm) in September 2004. So I'm not worried.

It's cheap because on September 6th school is back in! It's also cheap in May and June until schools let out.
Stock R wrote: Your definition of "VERY WELL" is VERY different from mine... The first pictures on tripadvisor show mold and cockroaches...
Good luck finding your vacation in the tropics with NO bugs & NO humidity for $635 a week. :rolleyes: You can't please everyone & apparently you missed the pages & pages of 'BEST RESORT EVER!!!!!' reviews & only look at the bad ones. I read those too, and am not fussy so I'm sure we'll be fine! ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1726 posts
723 upvotes
its gonna rain like 6 outta the 7 days your there.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
catwalk wrote: Hurricane season is June to November & the prices are expensive for most of that time!

The last two hurricanes to hit the Dominican Republic were Georges (a category 3 storm) in September 1998 and Jeanne (a category 1 storm) in September 2004. So I'm not worried.

It's cheap because on September 6th school is back in! It's also cheap in May and June until schools let out.
;)

http://www.puntacana-travelguide.com/we ... -cana.html
Weather Punta Cana in September

This is the peak of the hurricane season in the Atlantic ocean. Before vacationing in the Caribbean you must keep a very close eye on the weather Punta Cana conditions during this month as it is the most frequent time of the year when tropical storms affect or get very close to the area of Punta Cana. The highest temperature in this month is 32ºC (89ºF) and the lowest temperature during the night 24ºC (75ºF). The average sea surface temperature is 28ºC (84ºF). September is the month with second greatest rainfall in this area with an average of 6.8 inches of rain. The UV index is extreme around 11 which means more sun screen.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2550 posts
572 upvotes
epik89 wrote: its gonna rain like 6 outta the 7 days your there.

No shortage of trolling in this thread.

Bang for the buck it sounds pretty good. Maybe some of you would pay more for a better hotel, but that doesn't take away from this being a good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
catwalk wrote: Good luck finding your vacation in the tropics with NO bugs & NO humidity for $635 a week.

That's why I said your definition of very well is different from mine. I've been to tropical paradise where there were no bugs or humidity issues in our room, but you are right, it wasn't $635 a week. Although personally, I'd rather pay double and not wake up with a cockroach on my face.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
Stock R wrote: That's why I said your definition of very well is different from mine. I've been to tropical paradise where there were no bugs or humidity issues in our room, but you are right, it wasn't $635 a week. Although personally, I'd rather pay double and not wake up with a cockroach on my face.

What kind of scary ass cockroaches have you been playing with? I have never heard of someone waking up with a cockroach on their face. In fact they are probably likely to scamper away if you approach.

And yes, beetles are part of the tropic life. One or two here and there shouldn't detract from a good deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1226 posts
130 upvotes
Barrie/Toronto
Stock R wrote: That's why I said your definition of very well is different from mine. I've been to tropical paradise where there were no bugs or humidity issues in our room, but you are right, it wasn't $635 a week. Although personally, I'd rather pay double and not wake up with a cockroach on my face.
Thanks for the troll-ish post, I meant in general. :razz: You can pay thousands & still find a bug in your room. I've had someone scream COCKROACH a few times & it was just a brown bug. Not all bugs are roaches (try telling a girl that, heh). I also saw the review on how a lady found a lizard in her room, she wasn't impressed, I think she was lucky! ;)

I also won't accept a room that had any of the issues mentioned. I've already talked to the Sunwing rep who gave me the name & contact info for the rep at the resort. The first thing I do when I walk in the room is put down my suitcase, check the doors & safety box, then bathroom (clean, water pressure & temp, toilet function) then the room (clean, beds good, fridge working, plugs good, A/C working well & not loud). Then I either have them fix or change my room. I've never had a problem before, am always friendly & warm & thank them sincerely.
Oct 19, 2005
617 posts
78 upvotes
Midland
pay $600+ to live & eat with cockroaches. ??? :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
HungJai wrote: +1

you get what you paid for...

it's a 3* place...so meh.
"You get what you pay for" is the most irritating phrase. Why even bother looking around or reading RFD if that is the case? No. You get what you shop around for like the OP has done and it looks like a nice deal to me.
Sep 30, 2008
852 posts
552 upvotes
Edmonton
FWIW, I'd suggest bringing mosquito spray & bug cream to this resort. I haven't read any of the reviews but I remember stopping at this place on my way to another hotel. They take the name to heart, "Natura Park" is set in the middle of lots of trees and shrubs, along with some pretty wet areas (at least when I visited). I haven't been on the grounds but spray might be a good idea here - a decent deal slips pretty far down in my opinion if you spend the week itching. :eek: Considering taxes are so high this is a pretty cheap week away though.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1226 posts
130 upvotes
Barrie/Toronto
Sinoed wrote: FWIW, I'd suggest bringing mosquito spray & bug cream to this resort. I haven't read any of the reviews but I remember stopping at this place on my way to another hotel. They take the name to heart, "Natura Park" is set in the middle of lots of trees and shrubs, along with some pretty wet areas (at least when I visited). I haven't been on the grounds but spray might be a good idea here - a decent deal slips pretty far down in my opinion if you spend the week itching. :eek: Considering taxes are so high this is a pretty cheap week away though.
I'm allergic to bites & have sweet sweet irresistible blood so I'm really diligent about that stuff but this place sprays every morning with the fog over the whole resort! There are people who complain that since they are an eco resort they shouldn't but I'm glad they do :)

I will also bring & use there every day: Watkins lotion repellant
OFF spray repellant
Insect defend patches
Calamine lotion
Benadryl itch stick
Mosquito coils
Citronella bands
Claritin

And I wear long sleeves & pants around sundown no matter how hot it is! ;) Last year in Cuba I only got 2 bites from sticking to using everything I could.... then last day went out in the morning to pick mangos off the tree in my PJ's & got 8 bites. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
43 upvotes
South Orange
COCAPOO wrote: pay $600+ to live & eat with cockroaches. ??? :cheesygri

You could get the same deal if you go to Spadina/Dundas for lunch right?

Hey a good deal is a good deal.
1 upvote
Sherbrooke
There are small hurricanes every year, you might not hear in on cbc because nobody actually died from it but don't expect to have nice temperature. Go there for the relaxation/trip overall, exept to come back as white as you were lol We have a sailboat over there, I only fly in august/september when I need to work on the boat itself because the weather is so horrible it... force me to work lol. The sun goes down pretty early (only when you actually see it) and the bugs goes crazy, youll need to hide somewhere, lotion wont affect those war machines beleive me I know what I'm talking about lol I'm on a boat it may be different on the beach/resort. anyway

You got a good price for sure, no matter what 1200$ for 2 people is good for an overall trip that includes an airplane, but that thread definitively doesnt belong in rfd.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)