Cell Phones

is a 64GB iphone 6 plus w/ NO SCREEN worth anything?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 2:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7677 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto

is a 64GB iphone 6 plus w/ NO SCREEN worth anything?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus 64GB that is unlocked however I completely ruined the screen trying to fix it. I no longer have the actual screen itself either, just the rest of the phone. There are some screws and a small metal plate missing as well (I know these parts are all available on ebay as well) but was curious if the phone itself would be worth anything at all now? Reason being is because I picked up an iPhone 7 128gb (unlocked) and don't have much of a use for the 6 plus now

Just to add the screws and that small metal plate on ebay are roughly $4-$8 and the full screen assembly is about $120.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3355 posts
376 upvotes
If the parts are that cheap then why would you not pick them up and have someone re assemble the phone and sell it
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7677 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
Because 3 stores I went to said they will only perform a repair with parts they have / sell and none of them have entire screen assemblies apparently. Or charge a stupidly ******** amount to fix it.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18701 posts
1276 upvotes
It should be worth something.....the mobo, battery and housing is still usable and is worth something....

Not sure how much a iphone 6 plus 64gb is going for but check kijiji....half the average asking price and posted it up to see if anyone is interested....

Thinking someone could use the battery, housing and mobo....IMEI# is worth something as long as not blacklisted etc...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7677 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:12 pm
It should be worth something.....the mobo, battery and housing is still usable and is worth something....

Not sure how much a iphone 6 plus 64gb is going for but check kijiji....half the average asking price and posted it up to see if anyone is interested....

Thinking someone could use the battery, housing and mobo....IMEI# is worth something as long as not blacklisted etc...
Will try that, no it isn't blacklisted.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2197 posts
785 upvotes
Vancouver
You should have kept the assembly. Without the front assembly, there's no Touch ID and shops can't replace that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7801 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Yup that's a big issue no Touch ID Button so even if somebody was to buy the phone to repair & sell they now have to sell it at a discounted price because touch ID no longer works which means it worth even less.

I may be interested in it for parts. I'll PM you
0_o
<_<
>_>
Aug 15, 2012
311 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
How much are they charging to fix it? A usable iPhone is worth more than a broken one sold for parts. Just swallow the cost, get it fixed and put it up on Kijiji or eBay. There are always people out there looking for used iPhones. You may get $200-$300 or more out of it.

Did they not fix the broken Touch ID issue with recent iOS updates?
Nov 29, 2013
68 posts
31 upvotes
sk2003 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:15 pm
To my knowledge, they haven't. The touch id encryption chip should only work on the phone and home button it was shipped out with. Apple is the only one that I've seen be able to transfer the information into a completely new home button/encryption chip combo.
Please give me a thumbs up if my answer helps!
Sell me your old phones! I like to tinker!

Current Phones: Samsung Galaxy S5, Motorola G 3rd Gen, Huawei P9+
Current Plan: 8GB Koodo Promo Plan for $56
Jan 13, 2014
453 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
sk2003 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:15 pm
The problem they fixed was the phone not booting with a broken Touch ID sensor (Error 53 or something like that). Only Apple themselves are able to replace the Touch ID sensor and have it still work.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7677 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
The home button I have isn't broken.

Anyways I have an RFDer offering me $100 for it on here so I'll just do that
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel