• Jul 8th, 2017 3:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 4, 2014
18 posts
4 upvotes
ON

65KS8000 Broken less than 2 months

Purchased the 65KS8000 back in the beginning of may from bhphoto and now last Monday the display is already broken on it. the picture shakes and any text on screen shadows itself every 2-3 seconds. I went through squaretrade warranty and sent a video of the problem and it appears that the issue with my 65" KS8000 is beyond repair. squaretrade warranty is giving me the option of 3 TVs choose from I listed below for a replacement. Any advice? Rtings review for all of them are not as good as the KS8000.

Samsung UN65MU6300

LG 65UJ6300

LG 65-UH6150
Images
  • DSC_0048.JPG
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6191 posts
1539 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If you don't believe the 3 options offered are a fair replacement based on the reviews online, then you should go back to them with what you think will be a fair replacement.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10143 posts
3572 upvotes
Wow they're offering you non-HDR replacements on a high end HDR TV? That's brutal. It reminds me of why I never purchase warranties.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Oct 10, 2013
264 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ask for a cash settlement if you don't like those tv and wait for the next deal.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10143 posts
3572 upvotes
It should still be covered by the factory warranty. Samsung will give you a replacement.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1860 posts
283 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 8:35 pm
It should still be covered by the factory warranty. Samsung will give you a replacement.
Ya, but he's likely going to have to send the unit back to the US for warranty service as he imported the TV.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2014
18 posts
4 upvotes
ON
I called samsung and they told me I have to live in the US to take advantage of the warranty since I bought it from a US site and Im in canada. The only thing they did was refer me to a repair shop called guelph tv and video.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4409 posts
180 upvotes
VyperX wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 9:09 pm
I called samsung and they told me I have to live in the US to take advantage of the warranty since I bought it from a US site and Im in canada. The only thing they did was refer me to a repair shop called guelph tv and video.
Did you ask Square why they're offering you the 6series as a replacement for an 8series? That's ridiculous.

Hate to say it, but due to your exp, I know now not to buy/trust a big ticket item with sqt warranty from bhp.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
[OP]
Dec 4, 2014
18 posts
4 upvotes
ON
TypeVR6 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 4:04 am
Did you ask Square why they're offering you the 6series as a replacement for an 8series? That's ridiculous.

Hate to say it, but due to your exp, I know now not to buy/trust a big ticket item with sqt warranty from bhp.
Going to contact square tomorrow and complain and hopefully they offer a better selection to choose from.
Mar 31, 2017
930 posts
257 upvotes
you can go to squaretrade's facebook page and tell the other customers how it is scamming you. Social pressure might get a you better response.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2014
18 posts
4 upvotes
ON
Well I just contacted squaretrade. Told them I want a better selection because those replacements are are not as good as the ks8000. They are going to send me an email with another tv replacement offer since I declined the replacements.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4409 posts
180 upvotes
VyperX wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 11:43 am
Well I just contacted squaretrade. Told them I want a better selection because those replacements are are not as good as the ks8000. They are going to send me an email with another tv replacement offer since I declined the replacements.
Wow, what a Mickey Mouse company. Tell them you want the amount you paid for it back and hunt for a local deal..

Otherwise, ship it out to Samsung and have them repair and return to a cross border shipping company?
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Jan 12, 2017
116 posts
27 upvotes
That's why Costco is the best for big ticket items. 90 return, double the manufacturer's warranty and they can apply pressure on those extended warranty deals.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
7912 posts
2046 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yay another POS Samsung product that died. Sorry to hear about your experience OP.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2014
18 posts
4 upvotes
ON
TypeVR6 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 2:18 pm
Wow, what a Mickey Mouse company. Tell them you want the amount you paid for it back and hunt for a local deal..

Otherwise, ship it out to Samsung and have them repair and return to a cross border shipping company?
Should they have to give me my money back if I ask? The guy I was talking to today on the phone with squaretrade today said that's not how it works. So now im talking to the replacement team through email and they want to hear my concerns. Also talking to bhphoto and telling them off they wont give me a prepaid shipping label because it's too expensive, the cost being $500. I demanded they make an exception for this bull crap but no matter what I said they didn't care, it was too expensive to make an exception for the shipping label. Only that if I want to to return it I have to pay shipping. getting more and more pissed off everyday it seems.