[Mobilicity] 7/11: SpeakOut Wireless SIM Card At Retail Stores $10
I bought 3 and the cashier looked at me like I was scamming her, lol. Had to explain to her the benefits and then she bought one too
Here's a picture:
[IMG]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7485 ... 100010.jpg[/IMG]
Not all locations have them, so call the store first to check. I had to hit a few places before I found tonnes at the College / Spadina store. I suspect some managers are either hiding them, or buying them all because the stores make much more profit if you're forced to buy their phones which include SIM.
SIM = $10, no airtime.
Minimum Voucher = $25, good for 365 days. ("Monthy 911 Fee" = $1.25)
$39.55 taxes in and you've got a 2nd phone line with 100 local minutes or 55 CA/US long distance minutes, free voicemail (to receive, check toll free from a landline or payphone to save airtime), free incoming texts, free caller ID, and don't need to worry about tops up for a full year in very low use scenarios. Popped the SIM into my unlocked iPhone 4, works awesome without data.
Sample Uses for only $25 voucher / year on the Rogers footprint and dumping the SIM in a 2nd unlocked phone:
- pair it with your unlimited Pay Before Wind/Mobilicity/Public Mobile plan so you can make emergency calls when you leave the GTA or hit rough service patches
- charge a second unlocked phone, power it off, and leave it in your glove compartment and you have a backup no matter where you drive; even after 1 year untouched you still have $10 which can be carried over to another year with new $25 voucher
- receive unlimited incoming text messages; use the phone like a pager
- for down on their luck folks, use it as a unlimited voice mail service for employment and housing; check your messages for free by calling the local and toll-free VM number from a payphone
- give a crappy phone to your aging relatives / young children so you can track them down in malls, amusement parks; 21st century 2-way radio
- change your area code for free in 10 minutes through customer service so you got cell hos in every area code
- give this number to sketchy people who ask for your digits at clubs haha
- drug dealers rejoice!
- white collar criminals rejoice!
- terrorists rejoice!
- spies can make clandestine phone calls, then throw their SIM/phone into the garbage, and walk away. LIKE A BOSS lol
(I'm just kidding about the last four btw.)