Expired Group Deals

[Toronto]

7" Android Tablet From TinyTiny through Deal Of The Day: GARBAGE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2012 8:59 am
Aug 26, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote

7" Android Tablet From TinyTiny through Deal Of The Day: GARBAGE!!!

I bought this garbage on Mar.28, and received it on April 30 and IT TOTALLY NOT WORKS!!

After I contacted with Deal of The Day and TinyTiny many many times,
Deal of the Day suggested: WAITING, UNLIMITED WAITING!
And TinyTiny no response at all!

I think I have no time to play this kind of stupid game with them.
I would like many many peoples know there are such XXXX COMPANYS like TinyTiny!
They Just sold garbage and grabbed money and disappeared!

Also Deal of the day, they charge my money quickly, but no service at all just let me waiting, unlimited waiting! And funny thing is they charged my money and let me to ask refund from other person or company!

Attached here are all records of conversation between I and Deal of The Day, just let everybody know : DO NOT BUY A GABAGE FROM A GARBAGE COMPANY.

SUPPORT CENTER » TICKET LIST » HSL-123456
My Tablet offer ID is 198746541, IT TOTALLY NOT WORKS!!
• Hello!
I purchased

Only $69 for a 7-Inch, 4GB Tablet PC – Runs on Google's Super Fast Android Operating System ($169 Value) from Deal of the Day.

on Mar. 28 2012, offer request ID is 15096281.

Yesterday, I received this Tablet, but it NOT WORKS! even plug for charge whole day!

Is someboday can help me?
What can I do next step?

Thanks.

Andy
Andy abs
User
01 May 2012 10:00 PM

• Hello Andy ,

Thank you for contacting Deal of the Day.

First, we’d like to thank you for your patience regarding the TinyTinyDeal Android Tablet offers. We understand that some models have unfortunately shipped without certain components or with the incorrect components. We apologize on behalf of TinyTinyDeal for this error and for any inconvenience it has caused you.

To get what you need, simply email TinyTinyDeal directly at products@tinytinydeal.com with your request, and your part(s) will be promptly shipped to you. However, please note that all requests must be emailed to that specific address.

Again, we apologize on behalf of the vendor for what has happened and we thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

- Deal of the Day Team
Deal of the Day Consumer Support
Staff
02 May 2012 11:38 AM

• Hi,
Yesterday, I send email to tinytiny,but untill now already over 24hrs,no response.

Can you tell me what I can do next?
Thanks
Andy.
Andy abs
User
03 May 2012 12:42 PM

• HI, Deal of the Day Team,
I followed your instruction,(from ticket HSL-1234567)
ON May 02, and May 3, I sent 2 email to tinytiny(products@tinytinydeal.com, everyday once),but until now almost 48hrs,no response.

$69, IS really really not big deal, but I am sure if you bought a SUCH item FROM A FAMOUS WEBSITE and meet such SELLER never response to customer , YOU WILL NOT HAPPY.

Can you tell me what I can do next?
How can I return this TABLET?

Thanks
Andy
Andy abs
User
04 May 2012 9:13 AM

• Hello Andy,

Please rest assured that the merchant will be responding to your inquiry shortly.

Regards,

- Deal of the Day Team
Staff
04 May 2012 9:39 AM

• Hi, Deal of the Day,

Thank you very much for such quickly response.

Could you please tell me how I can return this never used tablet?

Thanks.
Andy

andy abs
User
04 May 2012 10:19 AM

• Hello Andy,

That can be communicated through the merchant or you can return back to the listed shipping address on the package.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Regards,

- Deal of the Day Team
Staff
04 May 2012 10:23 AM

• Hi Deal of the Day,

Thanks again.

I am confusing now. I paid $69 to Deal of the Day, how can I get return
from other person or company?

And I already directly contact TinyTiny twice times, no response, if
TinyTiny never response to me, what can I do? Also no detail or exactly
address shown on the package, how I can re-mail it?

Thanks.

Andy

andy abs
User
04 May 2012 10:50 AM

• HI, can anybody give me some response?
What I can do, just waiting?Today is May,07.2012 and I sent ticket on May 1st.2012,one week gone.

Can somebody give me answer?
I paid $69 to Deal of the Day, how can I get return
from other person or company?

And I already directly contact TinyTiny twice times(follow Deal of day instruction), no response, if TinyTiny never response to me, what can I do? Also no detail or exactly address shown on the package, how I can re-mail it?
andy abs
User
07 May 2012 9:49 AM

• Hello Andy,

The merchant will be responding to your inquiry shortly, we appreciate your patience.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Regards,

- Deal of the Day Team
Staff
07 May 2012 2:38 PM

• Hi, Deal of the day,
Now another 24hrs gone!
Still no response!
What I can do, just waiting? Unlimited waiting??
Thanks.
Andy
Andy Abs
User
08 May 2012 2:46 PM
• Hi, Deal of the day,
Now another 24hrs gone!
Still no response!
What I can do, just waiting? Unlimited waiting??

I think I have no choice, only one thing I can do:
I will post all records of our conversation to all website I can post.
I would like many many peoples know there are such XXXX COMPANYS like TinyTiny!
They Just sold garbage and grabbed money and disappeared!

Also Deal of the day, they charge my money quickly, but no service at all just can let me waiting, unlimited waiting! Even they charged my money and let me to ask refund from other person or company!

And how can you let such garbage company sale such garbage items through your website?
Andy Abs
User
09 May 2012 2:57 PM
Ticket Details
• Ticket ID: HSL-640299
• Department: Deal of the Day
• Priority: Critical
• Created On: 01 May 2012 10:00 PM
• Last Update: 09 May 2012 2:57 PM
Edit Properties
Priority:
15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1825 posts
625 upvotes
Hi, thanks for the good read.

I have no connection to RFD or TinyTinyDeal, but after spending 20 minutes trying to read your post and 5 minutes on their site, I can tell you everything you need to know.

You bought this through Deal of the Day on RFD correct? You clearly haven't read the Terms and Conditions on TinyTinyDeals website.

[QUOTE]We do not accept returns on clearance items and items purchased through group buy vouchers, i.e. DealFind, Groupon, WagJag, KGB Deals, LivingSocial, Plumdistric, or RedFlag group buying vouchers, no exceptions! All products purchased through third-party group buy companies at a discount are classified as clearance. And clearance products sales are final.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, they even offered to accept your return regardless of their terms and conditions and you insisted on sending more e-mails

[QUOTE]The buyer must pay for return shipping and all refunds that are given, unless otherwise noted, are deducted the original shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

May I ask why you even expect professional assistance when you can't conduct yourself in a professional manner? Sending e-mails less than 30 minutes apart with no grammatical structure isn't the best way to get help.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9535 posts
3184 upvotes
I believe from the other thread tiny added the no return stuff AFTER doing all the group deals, knowing people would want refunds. They haven't offered to take the return, RFD "offered" the customer to contact Tiny (who wont respond) about a return.

I don't absolve the people dumb enough to buy this stuff of being to blame for their own stupidity...but they have a right too be mad at RFD deal of the day for this kind of thing.

RFD expressing their concern over this, and saying they will now research their deals better going forward is pretty hollow when they are happy to keep the money they made from it. RFD should be considered among the sites at the top of the "avoid dealing with" list
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Peroxide wrote: Hi, thanks for the good read.

I have no connection to RFD or TinyTinyDeal, but after spending 20 minutes trying to read your post and 5 minutes on their site, I can tell you everything you need to know.

You bought this through Deal of the Day on RFD correct? You clearly haven't read the Terms and Conditions on TinyTinyDeals website.

Not to mention, they even offered to accept your return regardless of their terms and conditions and you insisted on sending more e-mails

May I ask why you even expect professional assistance when you can't conduct yourself in a professional manner? Sending e-mails less than 30 minutes apart with no grammatical structure isn't the best way to get help.

That term was not there when the deal was live. When the deal was live I emailed them with a question and they responded within 24 hours. As soon as it closed there was no response from them. Also RFD has said that they spoke with the merchant and they were told they would make it right. For this that think we are part to blame for buying a deal, why? Because rfd who we have trusted backed it? Lastly I don't think any company can sell an item and wash their hands of it.
I visited their site the day the deal was live and there was no disclaimers about final sale if sold through a deal of the day? Why would a legit company have that on their site? Why specify only items sold through deal sites.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1825 posts
625 upvotes
If RFD has intervened then I apologize for sounding harsh in my post, that was left out from your initial post.

Google Cache shows the Terms & Conditions pages stated those as of April 14 so not quite early enough to see if it was there or not when the deal went live.

I don't think it's impossible for companies to sell defectives items. (liquidations, as-is cars, clearance items) Most major retailers can just brush off a little refund to save the hassle of fighting with the customer and keep their reputation, some smaller guys may hold true to their no return policy.

Not having used the Daily Deal or even checked it out, perhaps an advisory of the terms and conditions from the site would be a good way to try and prevent this in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9535 posts
3184 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: For this that think we are part to blame for buying a deal, why? Because rfd who we have trusted backed it? .

yes i think people buying these things should take some responsibility for it. I mean it would take SECONDS to look at the tiny site, see there was no address, no phone #, only a webform. Its obviously set up only to do group deals. Who in their right mind is going to buy something like this from someone you have no idea who/where they are? A few more seconds with google and one would find scores of complaints about no name chinese tablets. Most reasonable people are going to realize a tablet at that price is going to be junk. You are allowed to think for a minute before putting your credit card in.

Some of you already bought things like the xsv360 fake memory cards, yet still don't learn. People that are on rfd a lot have seen the piles of problems with group deals, yet still don't learn. There is some onus on the customer to use a little common sense before buying.
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Yes but rfd fixed the memory card issue so they get or at least had my confidence. And regardless of where they are coming from the company taking my money (RFD) is the one I am doing business with. If the unit is not high quality okay that is one thing. Price and supplier would send the flag that it wasn't going to be fantastic quality but when you ship DOA units, units with improper chargers, units with defective speakers, OS, etc then someone needs to step in or step up. The fact that RFD has done their blanket statement then f*cked off is despicable on their part. I have been a member of the community for years and the way that they have been diligent in protecting members from inflammatory posts and "scam" posters in the hot deal section would lead us to believe we can trust them. That is who got my business not SH*TTYSH*TTYDEAL. That is who has the obligation to correct. In past group deals the BBB has filed issue with the site offering the deal (groupon, wagjag, etc.) not the supplier. The transaction took place with rfd.
Anyhow, I have designed a form complaint that I will send to rfd daily until solved. Even though the response will always be the same, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Aug 26, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Hello everybody!
Thank you so much for interesting of my story.
I am so sorry for my poor English waste time of your guys.

I noticed someone said the business term of this deal is no refund and final.
I totally agree any business should have some basic business rule.
But I would like to tell you:
the business rule for “no refund and final” is based on the product is exactly same as their post, if not, and then this term was broken by the seller not us-customer.

In my case is the seller broken the rule!
They sent to me a never can turn on Tablet, a never works Tablet!

If I got a good one or say it can works, OK, since the seller followed the basic business rule,
sent to me a good product as same as they post,
then I have no right to ask return or refund, am I right?

Do not just say the business term of this deal is no refund and final.
Because if everybody only accept this concept, then when they got a un-worked item or even a garbage,
they will have no choice, keep silence only?! That is unfair!

BTW, I learned some from this case: never buy anything from a 3-non company: no phone number, no address, and no service or support. (Even they left email, but no response at all=cheating)

Also I want say to the company who allowed some fake company sale items through their website, do not let TinyTiny this kind of seller do business though your website anymore!

Also I have a news, I don’t know is good news or not.
Yesterday, I got an Email from Deal Of The Day. They said:
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. However, we are determined to resolve this issue. Please check your Deal of the Day account; we have inserted $69 in Deal of the Day credit to use for future purchases. These credits have no expiry date on them.

I know as a famous seller, Deal of The Day made a smart choice.
I will continue make more deal with them.

Again! The business rule for “no refund and final” is based on the product is exactly same as their post, if not, and then this term was broken by the seller not us-customer.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Well, it's a new week and still no contact from TINYTINYDEAL... I have repackaged the tablet and placed it in a drawer... looking at it, makes me irate, simply because of the defects and the unusability! And of course, because of how it has been swept under the carpet by RFD and TINYTINYDEAL, should they still exist.

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
andy1200325 wrote: Hello everybody!
Thank you so much for interesting of my story.
I am so sorry for my poor English waste time of your guys.

I noticed someone said the business term of this deal is no refund and final.
I totally agree any business should have some basic business rule.
But I would like to tell you:
the business rule for “no refund and final” is based on the product is exactly same as their post, if not, and then this term was broken by the seller not us-customer.

In my case is the seller broken the rule!
They sent to me a never can turn on Tablet, a never works Tablet!

If I got a good one or say it can works, OK, since the seller followed the basic business rule,
sent to me a good product as same as they post,
then I have no right to ask return or refund, am I right?

Do not just say the business term of this deal is no refund and final.
Because if everybody only accept this concept, then when they got a un-worked item or even a garbage,
they will have no choice, keep silence only?! That is unfair!

BTW, I learned some from this case: never buy anything from a 3-non company: no phone number, no address, and no service or support. (Even they left email, but no response at all=cheating)

Also I want say to the company who allowed some fake company sale items through their website, do not let TinyTiny this kind of seller do business though your website anymore!

Also I have a news, I don’t know is good news or not.
Yesterday, I got an Email from Deal Of The Day. They said:
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. However, we are determined to resolve this issue. Please check your Deal of the Day account; we have inserted $69 in Deal of the Day credit to use for future purchases. These credits have no expiry date on them.

I know as a famous seller, Deal of The Day made a smart choice.
I will continue make more deal with them.

Again! The business rule for “no refund and final” is based on the product is exactly same as their post, if not, and then this term was broken by the seller not us-customer.
Wait, am I reading this right? Did you say you got a refund as a credit from RFD? I have been contacting them non-stop and have yet to receive a reply from RFD even... When did you receive the credit?
I started the initial thread about these and received instruction from RFD to contact the vendor...

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Have to post and remark that RFD stepped up and did the right thing, I also received a credit now. At first I thought the email was denying any help, as they said that I was past the 30 day claim window, etc... and that the units were sold as final sale... but they still did the right thing. I will be more cautious from now on with purchases, not just through RFD, but other sites too...

Jun 23, 2011
155 posts
662 upvotes
MARKHAM
jackass_ca wrote: Have to post and remark that RFD stepped up and did the right thing, I also received a credit now. At first I thought the email was denying any help, as they said that I was past the 30 day claim window, etc... and that the units were sold as final sale... but they still did the right thing. I will be more cautious from now on with purchases, not just through RFD, but other sites too...

So how did you guys get a refund on this...? I have made several complains to RFD/DOT and got nothing... My tablet keeps here sitting on the box and I was exactly expecting to see some sort of movement to have the customers refunded for this unbelievable scam...
Jun 23, 2011
155 posts
662 upvotes
MARKHAM
lfdiniz wrote: So how did you guys get a refund on this...? I have made several complains to RFD/DOT and got nothing... My tablet keeps here sitting on the box and I was exactly expecting to see some sort of movement to have the customers refunded for this unbelievable scam...

Never mind... I opened a new ticket with RFD/DOT and they promptly refunded me too... Thanks!
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I don't know if RFD now has to go after TINYTINYDEAL on this... it sucks for them too, as they are refunding the money, and surely not getting any reimbursement from these other yahoo's.

Oct 9, 2010
1 posts
jackass_ca wrote: I don't know if RFD now has to go after TINYTINYDEAL on this... it sucks for them too, as they are refunding the money, and surely not getting any reimbursement from these other yahoo's.

I also got two of these duds from TinyTinyDeals. I've e-mailed TinyTiny 3 weeks ago and still no response.
I contacted RFD who said they could not refund but instead gave me a credit into my RFD account for future purchases.

I agree, it sucks that they also got stiffed by TinyTinyDeal scam artists. Now what to do it all this e-junk sitting aound!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1717 posts
717 upvotes
Markham
its good that RFD is taking this step to keep us happy

i guess you guys can always take the tablet apart and see what can be fixed/salvage :)

gl