Hot Deals

[7-Eleven] BOGO nachos all month. Must use app

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 11:32 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3508 posts
869 upvotes
People forget that Costco used to offer unlimited salad with a hot dog (not really).

Companies do not care about $0.25 of condiments. But when it is multiplied by a large amount of smart, thrifty people then the company changes policy and no longer offers free salad.
Mar 30, 2013
147 posts
33 upvotes
Nepean
wait, what? Costco offered salad with a hot dog? Hasn't it always been $1.5 for a dog and fountain drink?
Jul 10, 2015
76 posts
18 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Electricute wrote:
May 12th, 2017 9:17 am
what are you talking about? 2 small trays of nachos and you have to be joey chestnut? it's just chips and dip.

also your chips wouldn't get soggy if you didn't put the cheese on top and just in the tray beside.

also if you are getting 2 trays. you could put all the chips, into 1 tray and fill the other tray with cheese and chili. THEN buy a bag of tostitos and have even more nachos
I like the way you think, Obese Tyrese.

Dragonrana2 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 1:53 pm
Removed the 7 eleven app, and reinstalled and the bogo nachos reappears. Nice!.. Go in skinny to 7 eleven and come out fat with all the toppings... Haha...
One could call those cheese tactics...
Mar 31, 2017
186 posts
50 upvotes
renoldman wrote:
May 16th, 2017 9:34 pm
People forget that Costco used to offer unlimited salad with a hot dog (not really).

Companies do not care about $0.25 of condiments. But when it is multiplied by a large amount of smart, thrifty people then the company changes policy and no longer offers free salad.
you have to get the story straight - there were numerous people at certain areas of the city (ok it was brampton) who would literally come in with large empty containers and proceed to drain all the condiments, and it was happening multiple times a week. This is substantially different than what is happening here, where these really are 7-11 customers buying nacho chips. For one thing you dont need to be a customer to come into costco to take all the condiments. Nobody here is proposing to take their own large containers from home and proceed to drain all their liquid cheese and hot peppers from 7-11. They are using the same nacho chip containers given to them by 7-11 and finding creative ways to get as much liquid cheese and peppers into the container provided by 7-11 for the nachos.

From 7-11's perspective, whether you choose to stack the nachos chips vertically and then proceed use the now empty second container to fill it up with cheese and peppers is the same as if you added cheese and peppers on top of the chips. It's the same 2 containers being used.

This isnt even a fair comparison.
Nov 12, 2005
221 posts
36 upvotes
mrpricematch wrote:
May 16th, 2017 9:50 pm
wait, what? Costco offered salad with a hot dog? Hasn't it always been $1.5 for a dog and fountain drink?
No, but it used to be $2 for the dog and drink in the 1990s. I can't believe it actually got nominally cheaper, let alone accounting for inflation.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
4996 posts
628 upvotes
badOne wrote:
May 14th, 2017 11:10 am
Isnt a scam if they're ok with it. Where in the responses so far have you seen any indication 7-11 isn't ok with this?
said every scammer on this site.
'it's fine if you dont get caught'
Mar 30, 2013
147 posts
33 upvotes
Nepean
Hahha people actually went to costco and took home the condiments?! Is that why, I always have to ask for sauerkraut and onions now and they're portioned?
I still don't get the salad part of it. Were people somehow making salads from condiments? That doesn't seem right.
Mar 31, 2017
186 posts
50 upvotes
milolai wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:24 am
said every scammer on this site.
'it's fine if you dont get caught'
You're projecting your own morality into this discussion - your opinion is noted. There is no hint that 7-11 owners or employees believe this is a scam. You're perilously close to slandering the RFD members here with your baseless accusations.

I have indicated what the employees of 7-11 have done about people taking condiments for the nachos - they have done nothing, and some have encouraged it. I have said there are owners who actually work at their 7-11 franchises and they have not put a stop to this. I have also stated they have other promos where they actively encourage customers to bring their own containers to fill it with as much Slurpee as possible. I have gone as far as stating people are using the same containers given by 7-11 to fill it up with cheese and condiments as was intended.

You, an outsider, now are projecting your own crap into this discussion without facts. Get some facts or shut it. Nobody here cares about your misguided attempt at what you think is 'abuse'. What is an abuse is you mouthing off without facts.

I will likely buy this nachos for the first time this week and take a lot of condiments just because you interjected your big mouth into this discussion. Just for the hell of it. Bite me.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1605 posts
70 upvotes
Back when the nachos came in a box with a cellophane window I used to fill er right up. Staff loved it.. it was then a race to get home before the glue on the cellophane window gave out and let the cheese go. This was like 20 years ago before I understood basic nutrition. :)

There was a phase, 15-20 years ago where staff would have to pump the cheese (was behind the counter). It was a short period.. and they'd still put as much as you wanted.. you'd just say keep going till it overflows. This coupon doesn't introduce anything new.. 7-11 is all about gluttony. Now I want nachos.
Jan 11, 2007
913 posts
38 upvotes
Edmonton
dumb q

just dl the app and logged in but don't see the offer in the app. is this a target promo?

tia
Mar 31, 2017
186 posts
50 upvotes
uglyguy wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:05 pm
dumb q

just dl the app and logged in but don't see the offer in the app. is this a target promo?

tia

nope. It's there under scan & save
Jan 11, 2007
913 posts
38 upvotes
Edmonton
badOne wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:22 pm

nope. It's there under scan & save
thank you - it was a dumb q.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1713 posts
1842 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
uglyguy wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:27 pm
thank you - it was a dumb q.
Not a dumb question if you've never dl'd it or used it and couldn't see the deal. :)
Mar 31, 2017
186 posts
50 upvotes
trystee wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:54 pm
Not a dumb question if you've never dl'd it or used it and couldn't see the deal. :)
well... I just installed it and found it in 40 secs and replied to him. heh heh
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel