Entrepreneurship & Small Business

7 employees, Payweb or Payment Evolution?

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 3:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 13, 2017
9 posts

7 employees, Payweb or Payment Evolution?

Hi all, we are a small business of 7-9 employees. We would like to oursource payroll and have narrowed it down to Payweb or Payment Evolution.

Any info on the costs, ease of use, customer service, and overall satisfaction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
8 replies
Oct 11, 2012
55 posts
38 upvotes
TORONTO
shepkraft wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:43 pm
Take a look at Knit - https://www.knitapps.com/
I had a quick demo which looked interesting. We plan on looking into it further.
agreed, I switched to Knit earlier this year. Saves me money because it's free and customer service is always good
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1003 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shepkraft wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:43 pm
Take a look at Knit - https://www.knitapps.com/
I had a quick demo which looked interesting. We plan on looking into it further.
dealhungry1 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:58 pm
agreed, I switched to Knit earlier this year. Saves me money because it's free and customer service is always good
Interesting.... Why would they do all this for free? Whats the catch?
Website seems nice .
I do not take regular salary like bi weekly or monthly but random bonus. My accountant does the calc of my net , CPP, Taxes and tell me. He also issues me T4 at the end of the year and files the T4 information return to CRA.
Can I use this free site to feed my custom data to this site to generate pay stub for me?
[OP]
Feb 13, 2017
9 posts
Is there a reason why? I had a consult with Payweb and the customer service seemed better than paymebt evolution. Also theres a start up fee of 50$ and $30 per pay period. That seems reasonable to me if the customer service is good. Just wondering if Im missing something.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2048 posts
321 upvotes
Calgary
I use QuickBooks payroll which you can subscribe to with QuickBooks. I think it's about $51 a month, and it's pretty simple to use to enter employee time on the timesheet. It prints out T4's and does ROE templates for you too. I looked at the online ones, and I worried about privacy and what happens if the company goes bankrupt or disappears. What happens to your database?
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2048 posts
321 upvotes
Calgary
I hear that Ceridian is popular, but it is a little expensive. I guess it depends on how complicated your payroll is, but for hourly wages it's easy to enter the times and print out paystubs, cheques or do direct deposit even.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel