Real Estate

Locked: 7 Years of October Toronto Prices, detached and condos at all time high for month of October

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 2:33 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4418 posts
1724 upvotes
Toronto
LongLiveRFD wrote: So the unlimited supply of renewable biological ignorance energy is only a fad?

Bears in Canada are really pathetic. They don't read the thread, offer little insights and have no moral bottom lines. I have read reports building really good bear cases with evidence, and I am not seeing any reference on RFD. They are really just squirrels attempted to spin in hamster wheels and failed.
The bull are in the denial stage and will be in the anger stage next year.

The over-leverage one is already angry at any bear talk.

you guys are entertaining.
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16520 posts
21867 upvotes
Toronto
Ceryx wrote: The bull are in the denial stage and will be in the anger stage next year.

The over-leverage one is already angry at any bear talk.

you guys are entertaining.
Any day now right? The end is nigh?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4418 posts
1724 upvotes
Toronto
sircheersa wrote: Any day now right? The end is nigh?
You sound mad, bro.
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16520 posts
21867 upvotes
Toronto
Ceryx wrote: You sound mad, bro.
Nothing can make me mad when numbers look like this;

Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16520 posts
21867 upvotes
Toronto
sircheersa wrote: Nothing can make me mad when numbers look like this;

1 bed condos averaging $528k vs $472k 12 months ago. That is an increase of $56k.

So if you decided to rent last year you spent about $24k on rent and got nothing in return. If you bought you spent about $30k on carrying costs but retained about $10k in mortgage pay down.

So renting would end up at -24k on the decision whereas buying ended up at +36k which is a differential of 60k.

Will anyone who spent last year saying condos were about to crash admit they were wrong?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1897 posts
969 upvotes
Moon
All I know is that the goal of 100 million Canadians by 2100 means real estate prices will keep pumping.
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16520 posts
21867 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote: Pretty much. I moved from the burbs to being on the subway line knowing I can get to work, door to desk in 30 min. Enjoy working downtown and living just on the fringe. Hate driving to work and honestly driving in the burbs is terrible, almost as bad as downtown Toronto. With a choice of spending $1M, I'd rather get the same carrying cost condo vs a small detached out in the middle of nowhere.

We purposely bought a condo townhouse in a great location (1 min from 401 highway) with no yard (hated yard work) and no plans on children, even though we live in a spacious home. When we go to visit friends who live in the middle of nowhere, it's like 20 min on the highway plus another 20 min off the highway, pretty crazy to spend that much time. And these people work downtown!
Looks like people are starting to really value not having to commute, not to mention commuting will only become worse in this city;

Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4529 posts
4060 upvotes
sircheersa wrote: 1 bed condos averaging $528k vs $472k 12 months ago. That is an increase of $56k.

So if you decided to rent last year you spent about $24k on rent and got nothing in return. If you bought you spent about $30k on carrying costs but retained about $10k in mortgage pay down.

So renting would end up at -24k on the decision whereas buying ended up at +36k which is a differential of 60k.

Will anyone who spent last year saying condos were about to crash admit they were wrong?
Haters gonna hate
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
Ceryx wrote:
Again population, this has nothing to do with the rate, and more to do with the weak recovery after the bubble burst like every rate cycle ended.
Ceryx wrote: You obviously missed the point but I think you guys are just scared.

I will leave you guys where you are as we see volume and price continues to be weak in the coming year.

We won't see you cry out loud until 2021..so still a long way to go.
It's at least two meals later and we still don't see the justifications for how the aging population and lowering rate (per your rate cycle theory) would lead to your conclusion of "correction of 30%, price consistently going downwards 3 to 5% for years to come". Harry Dent has tried and failed and he's got far more concrete proof and higher bear ranking than you do.

Please advise. Or just show us who your master who you learned your bear kong fu from so we can see it for ourselves and enjoyed the horror movie that is your life.

Was it this guy with long hair?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4418 posts
1724 upvotes
Toronto
LongLiveRFD wrote: It's at least two meals later and we still don't see the justifications for how the aging population and lowering rate (per your rate cycle theory) would lead to your conclusion of "correction of 30%, price consistently going downwards 3 to 5% for years to come". Harry Dent has tried and failed and he's got far more concrete proof and higher bear ranking than you do.

Please advise. Or just show us who your master who you learned your bear kong fu from so we can see it for ourselves and enjoyed the horror movie that is your life.
I'm not sure if you are too lazy to even look it up.

https://www.jhf.go.jp/files/300304336.pdf

Canada was entering aging population in 2017, just like Japan did in 91.

The funny part is that real estate volume also starts to shrink since last year. By the way, the Japanese bear didn't win anything if he/she haven't bought since 80s. They just avoid getting slaughtered afterwards.

This is why i'm not saying bear is winning anything or will be buying anything if the real estate crash. All i am saying is that i want to avoid the painful correction in the last stage of the economic bull cycle.

Ironically, you guys seem to pretend to worry about bear's well being including living in basement or owning a place. However, It's typical bull emotion in a housing bubble. Bull think everyone wants to own a place and if they don't, it's becuase they can't afford to.

The logic is indeed not flawed. /s
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
yet another thread that's nothing more than name calling.
Be kind and civil with one another

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)