Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Giant Tiger

$99 Garmin vivofit & other great deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2014 7:24 pm
Mar 1, 2016
3 posts
Ottawa, ON

[Giant Tiger] $99 Garmin vivofit & other great deals

Got this email just now, some great new items from Gianttiger.com

Garmin vivofit fitness band, now just $99.99
Fisher-Price toys
NHL gear for all Canadian teams!
Chefman slow cooker

All great values. I especially like that I earned more savings dollars for my next in store purchase.
7 replies
Jul 13, 2007
427 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
dealseeker2012 wrote: Got this email just now, some great new items from Gianttiger.com

Garmin vivofit fitness band, now just $99.99
Fisher-Price toys
NHL gear for all Canadian teams!
Chefman slow cooker

All great values. I especially like that I earned more savings dollars for my next in store purchase.
[IMG]http://newinternetorder.com/wp-content/ ... lesman.jpg[/IMG]
Mar 30, 2006
578 posts
20 upvotes
Nobleton
I paid $120 when the viviofit was on sale at the microsoft store, so this is actually an ok price. The new models are on the way, but this is the best fitness tracker IMO because of the long battery life. They say a year, but I got just over 6 months out of mine. Anything less than that is a huge pain (I am a smartwatch owner)
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
695 upvotes
Ottawa
89$ in Costco..and you can get "vivokeeper" free from Garmin.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
I had a vivofit and lost it when it fell off my wrist after a month. That is a major con which Garmin says they have solved but I'm not sure.

That being said, I really liked it when I had it and may buy another one if I can satisfy myself that I won't lose the next one. Up to a year of battery life is a huge advantage. I have other Garmin products and was able to use the heart rate strap from my Forerunner 305 and I was already on Garmin Connect. That was another reason for me to choose the vivofit instead of competitive products.

BTW, Costco's regular price for the Vivofit is $89.95 and includes 4 rather than 2 bands. GPS City also has it on sale for $89.95 and they only charge GST.

Also, BB has the Runtastic Orbit currently on sale for $69.99 and the Jawbone UP for $59.99
Phils
Jan 14, 2013
65 posts
10 upvotes
I have the new Garmin vivosmart and it has something to cover the part when the band clips on. Its the best fitness tracker/ smartwatch combo imo
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
smeaknasty wrote: I have the new Garmin vivosmart and it has something to cover the part when the band clips on. Its the best fitness tracker/ smartwatch combo imo
Yes. It's called a "Keeper". Garmin sent me one in the mail after I complained that my vivofit had fallen off and I was afraid I would lose it. It arrived last Monday by mail - 3 days after I really did lose it. I'm quite impressed by the vivosmart but I find it's a bit pricey and I have yet to see a sale. Maybe on Boxing Day.

BTW, after I lost my vivofit, I filed a claim with my Capital One credit card. I expect to be refunded but it will take another couple of weeks. I also complained to Garmin who promised me a deal to buy a replacement. The only issue is that they cannot ship from the US so they have to arrange it with their Canadian service partner.

BTW, does the keeper make a significant difference in terms of keeping the band from opening up?
Phils