Tags:
None
25 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2484 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
My experience in the past was quite pleasant as the salesmen were quite understanding!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 3:56 pm
said there are minor scuffs (you can't really see them unless you look for them) and charged me the restocking fee.
So you agree that there really are scuffs on the TV. Would you pay full price for a "new" TV that has "minor scuffs" that "you can't really see them unless you look for them"? Me neither.

Bottom line: The TV is no longer "new" and can't be sold as such. Nor can it be sold as NIB. Consider yourself lucky that you were only charged a 20% restocking fee.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
illbashu wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 5:36 pm
That isn't the point. The point is that it should have been exchanged/refunded because the TV is broken but they wouldn't accept pictures (apparently because they think I'm going to photoshop them) and they wouldn't test it properly and said it's fine when it's not.
Call to another 2001 audio video, some of them are dicks/pricks.

Been to one.

else

Call Panasonic and tell them to go to your place and pick it up
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 5:36 pm
That isn't the point... How the ***** is minor scuffs which you can't even see on the bezel worth 20% restocking fee? How the is that even getting "lucky"? Seriously it's a *****ing joke.
The point is that once the TV became damaged, however minor, it became yours.

With scuffs or other damage they can't just repair the set and resell it as new or NIB. So they have to sell it at a discount. Why should they eat that discount when apparently the set got scuffed in your possession?

That they were willing to accept it as a return with "only" a 20% restock fee is to their credit, rather than cause for criticism.

Would you have been OK if they'd offered to get the set repaired, scuffs and all, to fix the LED bleeding and high pitch whine? If so, then why didn't you agree to that?
Geek123 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 5:38 pm
else... Call Panasonic and tell them to go to your place and pick it up
If Panasonic is at all like Sony then they won't do in-house repairs on TV's under 42"/46". Been there with Sony. The OP's only other option, if 2001AV wouldn't get the TV repaired, would be to take it to an authorized Panasonic repair depot and have them fix it.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 6:27 pm
I'm assuming you work for 2001audiovideo.
Then you assume incorrectly.
They said to contact Panasonic if you want it fixed
Which is what Geek123 and I have advised you.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1472 posts
420 upvotes
GTA
Instead of making excuses to return the tv, next time just tell them, that it is too small or too big. And try to keep it in like new condition. They should charge the restocking fee and give you store credit only, not full refund. Never had any issues returning stuff at 2001 AV, always great service. All stores hate test pilots....
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2492 posts
83 upvotes
you'll suffer blacklight bleed on plenty of these tvs, did you try adjusting settings by chance?

by definition, the television isn't broken, it just doesn't work the way you want it to. hence, whatever fee you were charged.

also, I would have gone to another store as well. but you already gave in to taking a hit paying the fee.

this one is for bylo. contact the ceo of 2001audiovideo :razz:
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3015 posts
260 upvotes
Or he could've contacted panasonic directly about warranty repairs.

Let me guess Best Buy has a nice samsung or sony on sale?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:42 pm
Their policy says they have to take it back regardless of that if the TV Is broken, which it was. The guys who work there are ***** and don't know how to test it properly.
So by that logic if you dropped the TV and cracked the screen they'd have to take it back and refund your money? Good luck with that.

Once you damage the product, even just scuff it, you own it. If there are technical problems with the unit, e.g. screen bleed, the issue is between you and the manufacturer. End of story.
Insider wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:20 am
this one is for bylo. contact the ceo of 2001audiovideo :razz:
Why? I've never bought anything from this store. In fact, I've never set foot into one of their stores. I have no reason to contact their CEO.

OTOH I have had problems with FS/BB in the past. I have e-mailed the CEO(s). And I did get the issues resolved to my satisfaction.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:56 am
I just wanted the TV to be replaced/fixed or returned. They said they would charge restocking fee even if I exchanged it.
2001AudioVideo Guarantees
In-Store Exchange & Return Policy
Merchandise can be exchanged ... provided that the merchandise is in the same condition as when purchased, otherwise a MINIMUM 15% re-stocking fee will apply.
Once it's scuffed it's no longer in the same condition as when purchased. That's why they charged a restocking fee.

2001AudioVideo Guarantees
Full Manufacturer's Warranty
All merchandise carries a full manufacturer's warranty and We Make it Simple For You. Bring the merchandise to us, during the manufacturers' warranty, with the original invoice, and we will have it serviced by an authorized manufacturers service centre at no additional charge to you ...our valued customer.
They should also have offered you the option to send the TV back to Panasonic for repair. (I appreciate you said the sales rep didn't see anything wrong with the TV. That's not his call, a point you could have made if you'd had a copy of the page I just linked to when you brought the TV back.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5371 posts
355 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Doesn't actually sounds like OP's TV is defective. All LED TV's bleed a little unless you are going for the high-end models and the high pitch noise is common when it comes to electronics. I am not sure what OP means by 1:1 but it sounds like an over-scan issue which can be tweaked.

And if you really looking to repair should have contact Panasonic directly unless it's no longer under warranty anyway.

Sounds like OP expects just a little too much.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:52 pm
The TV is 3 days old, it should be covered under their warranty.
It is — according to their published terms and conditions (which apparently aren't according to your expectations.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 18, 2011
514 posts
12 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Op.... That's normal... The backlight is too bright. You should have spoken to the manufacturer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8051 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
illbashu wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 1:50 pm
Like I said in my original post, I would advise people to just stay away from them if you don't want to deal with their terrible customer service/return policy.
I see. So based on your (possibly biased) version of a single bad experience at a single store with a single salesperson the conclusion is that 2001AV has lousy customers service, is disreputable and should be avoided by all.
Just go to a regular store where they respect their customers.
What store(s) would that be? Can you name even one regular store or chain for which there isn't already at least one thread on RFD about some similarly bad experience that someone else has had?
veni, vidi, Visa
× < >