• Sep 15th, 2015 2:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1492 upvotes
Montreal
MCMLXXXIX wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 10:13 am
Brand new car worn so quickly? And with what? The other pillar is like new. I don't think so and no one has detailed my car lately.
What I am trying to say is, it just does not look like someone took sandpaper to it to harm you. The marks look more like something was passed by on it, such as a bag.
MCMLXXXIX wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 10:34 am
Should I file a report with my insurance company just to have this documented in case it happens again? Is there a vehicle alarm I can install that senses touch?
You should report it within 24 hours. Some insurance companies waive your deductible depending on your coverage and if reported in time. If you are not claiming it, I wouldn't report it.
I cannot think of any alarm that would go off for something like this. If it was that sensitive, it would go off every time a bird chirps, or a bug crawls on it.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
neverhaveiever wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 10:47 am
What I am trying to say is, it just does not look like someone took sandpaper to it to harm you. The marks look more like something was passed by on it, such as a bag.

You should report it within 24 hours. Some insurance companies waive your deductible depending on your coverage and if reported in time. If you are not claiming it, I wouldn't report it.
I cannot think of any alarm that would go off for something like this. If it was that sensitive, it would go off every time a bird chirps, or a bug crawls on it.
what kind of bag would do that sort of damage? Would have to be a 300lb burlap sac of potatoes.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1492 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 10:56 am
what kind of bag would do that sort of damage? Would have to be a 300lb burlap sac of potatoes.
It all depends. Some paints are SUPER soft. If I took paper towel to my paint, it would look like that. Someone stupidly put their purse on my hood, also have similar marks just from that.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
damn that sucks
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
neverhaveiever wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 11:01 am
It all depends. Some paints are SUPER soft. If I took paper towel to my paint, it would look like that. Someone stupidly put their purse on my hood, also have similar marks just from that.
Trust me, this thing is not that sensitive. I'll send clearer pics to see. Who would put their purse on a almost verticle A pillar of a tall SUV? How can piano black turn matte grey with a million scratches on it? Yeah this looks intentional to me. Unless someones car flew on top of mine and scruffed it on its way there.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1837 posts
429 upvotes
Scarborough
That sucks...i hope your repairs don't cost too much.

OP i don't know if you're a good person or bad person but i had a friend who was very "friendly" to girls which didn't jive too well with the dudes...

Long story short...his nice M roadster had scratches all over his car, all windows were broken, all his stuff was thrown on the ground, and nothing was stolen.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7088 posts
2206 upvotes
Mississauga
neverhaveiever wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 10:47 am
I find it odd as well. Like, if someone were taking sandpaper to it, wouldn't they just run back and forth along the length of the pillar? Else they would be doing small circles. But these scratches appear curved and run right off the pillar. You'd basically need a large rotating disc from the looks of it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7599 posts
2792 upvotes
Markham
Marks do not look like it's done by hand....mechanical (circular)like a buffer/sander/grinder of sorts.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2286 posts
958 upvotes
, ON
Spyd3r wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 1:29 am
Why the F would someone do that for? Jealousy or some sort of mental issues, hate these types of people
Maybe the OP cut somebody off on the road, or took a spot that could have been someone else, or many more.........
It is hard to believe that some stranger just picked his car and did that. It takes a lot of anger,time, effort, and some risk to do that.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
kenchau wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 11:40 am
I find it odd as well. Like, if someone were taking sandpaper to it, wouldn't they just run back and forth along the length of the pillar? Else they would be doing small circles. But these scratches appear curved and run right off the pillar. You'd basically need a large rotating disc from the looks of it.
The pillar itself is curved. You can see all the different directional scratches, some circular, some straight. If you were to rub it horizontally it would cause the marks to be curved. The bottom parts have a lot of scratches but is not white like the top part. Like I said, it looks like whoever did it kept it discreet. If they were to run it all over the pillar vertically then it would be more noticeable to witnesses. This way it may look like they're buffing it out or wiping some gunk off. My car has not been to any shop or dealer within the last few days. I've been around GTA the last few days going to stores, bowling alley etc. I didn't notice it earlier because it was raining all week.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 11:50 am
Maybe the OP cut somebody off on the road, or took a spot that could have been someone else, or many more.........
It is hard to believe that some stranger just picked his car and did that. It takes a lot of anger,time, effort, and some risk to do that.
The car attracts a lot of attention. Not my problem. I'm educated enough to act civilized in society. Why else would I post this if I knew I was being an ass?

I find it amusing people like you think people out there are normal. Read the news buddy. Why does some maniac go murdering others? Is it the victims fault?
According to your logic, it is. Guess "it takes some anger, time, effort and risk to kill someone." Yet it happens every few seconds in the world.. :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
what kind of car OP?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1272 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
People with jealousy problems are everywhere. Just look at the father with baby stroller vandalizing an Aston Martin that made huge news. I can see why Ontario insurance is through the roof.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2286 posts
958 upvotes
, ON
MCMLXXXIX wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 11:52 am
The car attracts a lot of attention. Not my problem. I'm educated enough to act civilized in society. Why else would I post this if I knew I was being an ass?
Maybe you didn't know...again this is only one of many possibilities.
MCMLXXXIX wrote:
I find it amusing people like you think people out there are normal. Read the news buddy. Why does some maniac go murdering others? Is it the victims fault?
If you are educated enough, then you should know that when an accident happens the Police always obtain the story from both or more parties involved.
MCMLXXXIX wrote:
According to your logic, it is. Guess "it takes some anger, time, effort and risk to kill someone." Yet it happens every few seconds in the world.. :facepalm:
You assumed to much and you don't even know me *tsk tsk* :facepalm:
That is your logic and what you want to hear and believe. Since no one here on this internet forum knows you or can validate your story, there will be always at least two sides of story. I was simply pointing out one of many possibilities. I never said it was 100% of what occurred. I did not also say that that person or you is right or wrong.
The fact is I know people and heard stories of people who got their car keyed because done someone else wrongly. Read the news buddy. Road rage happens all the time, and I am not saying if it is right or wrong.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 12:14 pm
Maybe you didn't know...again this is only one of many possibilities.

If you are educated enough, then you should know that when an accident happens the Police always obtain the story from both or more parties involved.

You assumed to much and you don't even know me *tsk tsk* :facepalm:
That is your logic and what you want to hear and believe. Since no one here on this internet forum knows you or can validate your story, there will be always at least two sides of story. I was simply pointing out one of many possibilities. I never said it was 100% of what occurred. I did not also say that that person or you is right or wrong.
The fact is I know people and heard stories of people who got their car keyed because done someone else wrongly. Read the news buddy. Road rage happens all the time, and I am not saying if it is right or wrong.
I didn't ask for a detective, Sherlock. There's also no point of you coming on a forum and jumping to conclusions. There's also no benefit for your time or others to sit there and assume what may have happened or not happened. It just happened. I posted here for advice and what to do about it. End of story. You really do think people out there are normal, don't you? Read the news. There always has to be that negative person on a forum who comes to attack a victim of a crime. Does it make you feel better about yourself?