Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2018 9:43 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
doofis wrote: Is the value at 2.5 cent / mile? So for every 1.00 spent you get 4 miles...so spend 1.00, get $0.10 per dollar back in value? So spending 100 amazon nets 400 aeroplan miles (10.00) value..not too bad. Have to compare with other options like ebates or other AZ referral options. But pretty nice find regardless.
The value is really dependent on how you would spend points. For example sake I just bought a YUL-YVR business tickets for 50k +150$ in taxes. Same flight is easily $3k so 0.06.

The points are worth it if you use you Aeroplan Credit card. Easy to accumulate a North American flight a year. I have travelled alot on Aeroplan and I love their program. I am biased because I'm a power user for sure. Russia, Vancouver, Belgium. All in business... I can't afford to pay for business but I hate long econ flight.
Aug 16, 2006
257 posts
74 upvotes
Coquitlam
Aeroplan are more like 1.3 to 1.5 cent / point for the average person's redemption flight. It only goes to above 2c to 10c if you redeem for expensive business or first class flights, which are normally overpriced if you pay with real money, and you have to accumulate a lot of points for.
Don't care about post count, because I only do quality posts!
Jun 21, 2017
392 posts
439 upvotes
Ontario
Not necessarily true that you have to redeem for business/fist class to achieve any real kind of value. The biggest value with Aeroplan is that you're allowed at least 1+ stopovers on your itinerary depending on the zone. I was looking for a flight to LA in the fall but there wasn't anything direct to LA for the dates I was looking for. Ended up doing YYZ>MSP>LAX>YYZ for 25k points plus $202. After taxes are factored in its just over 3cpp, plus I get a bonus couple days in Minneapolis.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1436 posts
2260 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote: Yes. Points are still earned and transferred to Aeroplan at the end of each statement cycle, keeping your account active.
thank you!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
doofis wrote: Is the value at 2.5 cent / mile? So for every 1.00 spent you get 4 miles...so spend 1.00, get $0.10 per dollar back in value? So spending 100 amazon nets 400 aeroplan miles (10.00) value..not too bad. Have to compare with other options like ebates or other AZ referral options. But pretty nice find regardless.
Quite a generous valuation, for me the last time I did it on the routes I'd care to redeem for (e.g. YYZ > HKG, YYZ > anywhere in the US west coast), it was something like 2cpp for high season and 1.3cpp for low (or cheaper - valuation based on a TPAC). + the YQ kinda kills a lot of redemption deals if you fly with AC.. best might be to redeem on United, no surcharge.

Anyways, the point is - you really gotta check when/where you want to fly, and if it's AC don't forget YQ... not as cheap as it seems.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
You can probably get a better return from Ebates. It's 6x now.
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
bagelx wrote: Aeroplan are more like 1.3 to 1.5 cent / point for the average person's redemption flight. It only goes to above 2c to 10c if you redeem for expensive business or first class flights, which are normally overpriced if you pay with real money, and you have to accumulate a lot of points for.
This is simply untrue. You cannot put in a point value like that. There are just too many variables. That same flight I took, a friend of mine bought his ticket for like 650$ that's already .02 / pt.

The best values are :
-business class
-carriers that do not charge surcharges (Swiss, United, Turkish)
-stop overs
-last minute (if flight re available

The point is that it's is highly dependent on how and what you will redeem for. To me Aeroplan is the best program as I like to travel business, I am rarely not flexible for dates, I love to travel which means I love the stop over,I have a TD Visa infinite so I get free baggage and a lounge stay, and I buy alot from Gap/Amazon.
Oct 12, 2009
132 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone received their points from the last time amazon had their bonus on the aeroplane estore?
Dec 21, 2006
288 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
If i pay with amazon gift card for the order, do i still get the point?
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
ajayp1987 wrote: Has anyone received their points from the last time amazon had their bonus on the aeroplane estore?
Got mine like 3 days after my purchases.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
tark514 wrote: This is simply untrue. You cannot put in a point value like that. There are just too many variables. That same flight I took, a friend of mine bought his ticket for like 650$ that's already .02 / pt.

The best values are :
-business class
-carriers that do not charge surcharges (Swiss, United, Turkish)
-stop overs
-last minute (if flight re available

The point is that it's is highly dependent on how and what you will redeem for. To me Aeroplan is the best program as I like to travel business, I am rarely not flexible for dates, I love to travel which means I love the stop over,I have a TD Visa infinite so I get free baggage and a lounge stay, and I buy alot from Gap/Amazon.
Agreed. Multi city trips are a great value.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
Just got an email from Aeroplan with an offer of 50 bonus miles with first purchase on Amazon.ca via Aeroplan store, but the offer doesn't show in the click-through. Is it going to work? More importantly, does it stack with the 4x?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes
gotglint wrote: with the Esso partnership expired, that had me wonder how i will use my actual Aeroplan membership card -- as it was literally the only place i used it.

i do have an aeroplan visa though -- does using that still count, and ward off expiry?
Other then Home Hardware and Air Canada that’s basically it. They are pushing there online crap that is normally worse then a GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, or Even Airmiles shops so there really dieing
Aug 29, 2010
556 posts
625 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Agreed. Multi city trips are a great value.
Took a last minute trip (booked ticket 30 hours before departure) in Business class to Asia, stopping at Seoul, Singapore, and was supposedly Zurich, but caught stomach flu in Asia so ended up cancelling half of my trip to Europe 4 hours before departure flight to Europe. Instead, adjusted itinerary to Japan then back to Vancouver instead of Europe trip. Flights would've costed me well over $10K if paid in cash. Instead, I used 155,000 points + roughly $700 (taxes, booking and cancel/rebooking fee). This would be over 0.06 cents per points so yeah, great value.
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Aselwyn1 wrote: Other then Home Hardware and Air Canada that’s basically it. They are pushing there online crap that is normally worse then a GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, or Even Airmiles shops so there really dieing
It's all about financial partners. Esso is so small... How much do you spend in gas? 500$/month only means 6000 pts. That's nothing really. This is not where users earn pts. We earn though our Visas and Amex. I barely ever fly AC. Most members are frequent buyers not frequent flyers.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1436 posts
2260 upvotes
Aselwyn1 wrote: Other then Home Hardware and Air Canada that’s basically it. They are pushing there online crap that is normally worse then a GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, or Even Airmiles shops so there really dieing
HH you say? hmmm...do they ever have good deals on toilets?
Jun 6, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Starting buying a variety of stuff from Amazon via Aeroplan starting April 26 and no points applied to my account as of yet. Reached out to Amazon customer care and was advised they cannot help me. Oh well.. too good to be true.
Apr 16, 2011
49 posts
23 upvotes
How are people interpreting the 'redemption of gift cards' being excluded reference? Would that mean I can't use Amazon credit balances to pay?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)