Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2018 10:17 pm
Tags:
None
46 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Received as well, for my Simply Cash card.
😱
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1432 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm.. what’s the catch?
Apr 28, 2008
249 posts
165 upvotes
mississauga
Mine is $200 statement credit when you spend $600 on the platinum card
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
I guess the catch is finding a hotel on the Amex site to spend the money on, that isn’t far more expensive than other options, and how do we know it’s an “eligible” purchase. The site isn’t very clear on that.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
I have 2 rooms booked for 2 nights in Quebec City that are free to cancel.. Went to check for the same hotel ON Amex and it's $100/night more expensive than what I already have booked!

Ice cold deal due to the prices on their site..
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3811 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
cessnabmw wrote: I have 2 rooms booked for 2 nights in Quebec City that are free to cancel.. Went to check for the same hotel ON Amex and it's $100/night more expensive than what I already have booked!

Agreed
Aug 12, 2006
381 posts
153 upvotes
I got the offer on my SPG Amex
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: Wish I got these offers!
my parents got the offer but:
cessnabmw wrote: I have 2 rooms booked for 2 nights in Quebec City that are free to cancel.. Went to check for the same hotel ON Amex and it's $100/night more expensive than what I already have booked!

Jul 4, 2012
436 posts
461 upvotes
Does it have to be 1 night or can it be 2 to make the $600 min?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2232 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Sym000 wrote: Does it have to be 1 night or can it be 2 to make the $600 min?
You just have to spend more than $300. They don't care about the details.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
Did not get the promo for my SPG card or Platinum card :(

I did get the promo last time in February (?) and used it in Paris. It looks like Amex Travels uses Orbitz as a booking supplier, so becareful if you're expecting status nights from the hotels.
May 17, 2009
32 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Can you combine this with the $200 annual credit for Plat cards?
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
105 upvotes
Canada Eh?
krazykorean wrote: Can you combine this with the $200 annual credit for Plat cards?
Interestingly the Terms says nothing about the $200 annual credit and whether or not it will cancel the offer.

Here's the terms and condition:
1. This offer is only available to Canadian Basic American Express Consumer Platinum Cardmembers who have been sent this offer by email. Only the Basic American Express Platinum Card referenced in this email has been automatically registered for this offer and must be used as the method of payment. Maximum of one (1) statement credit of $200 (CAD) is available per registered card during the offer period. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases.

To be eligible for this offer:
• Your account must be in good standing.
• You must use your registered American Express Card to make a qualifying purchase online at americanexpress.ca/travel between June 20, 2018 at 12:00:01am EST and July 31, 2018 11:59:59 pm EST.
• Qualifying purchases include prepaid hotels and car rental bookings made on American Express Travel Online where American Express Travel (not the hotel or car rental company) is the merchant, and charged to your registered Card at time of check out. Hotels booked through the FINE HOTEL & RESORTS and The Hotel Collection program are not eligible for this offer.
To be eligible for a $200 (CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of $600 (CAD) or more in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered card at American Express travel online through the americanexpress.ca/travel website during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account.
Nov 7, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Westmount, QC
It does say it if you read further down:

To be eligible for a $100 (CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of $300 (CAD) or more in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered card at American Express travel online through the americanexpress.ca/travel website during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account.
Statement Credit may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be credited to the account, after the Cardmember has completed a qualifying purchase. If the statement credit is being applied to a credit card account, please note that this does not satisfy the requirements to pay the minimum due. A statement credit does not constitute a payment. The Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement. We reserve the right to substitute an American Express Gift card or cheque in lieu of the statement credit. American Express is responsible for the fulfillment of this offer. A rewarded statement credit may be reversed if the qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled.
pseudosammich wrote: Interestingly the Terms says nothing about the $200 annual credit and whether or not it will cancel the offer.

Here's the terms and condition:
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
105 upvotes
Canada Eh?
That has nothing to do with combining this offer to the annual Plat travel benefit of $200 though?

Assuming you make a $300 qualifying purchase in a single transaction, -$200 annual Plat credit, -$100 statement credit = $0 CAD.

nouakk wrote: It does say it if you read further down:

To be eligible for a $100 (CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of $300 (CAD) or more in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered card at American Express travel online through the americanexpress.ca/travel website during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account.
Statement Credit may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be credited to the account, after the Cardmember has completed a qualifying purchase. If the statement credit is being applied to a credit card account, please note that this does not satisfy the requirements to pay the minimum due. A statement credit does not constitute a payment. The Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement. We reserve the right to substitute an American Express Gift card or cheque in lieu of the statement credit. American Express is responsible for the fulfillment of this offer. A rewarded statement credit may be reversed if the qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled.
Nov 7, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Westmount, QC
You're right that it's not specific to the $200 after re-reading it, it does seem to imply that it is specific to the $100. Although I feel the last sentence is worded vaguely enough to cover their ass if they do.
pseudosammich wrote: That has nothing to do with combining this offer to the annual Plat travel benefit of $200 though?

Assuming you make a $300 qualifying purchase in a single transaction, -$200 annual Plat credit, -$100 statement credit = $0 CAD.
Dec 7, 2002
532 posts
76 upvotes
I got an offer on my Platinum card but its $200 off $600 spend.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
744 upvotes
Williams Lake
I think my offer, which I can't find again, said that travel had to be between July 1 and August 31st?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks OP, btw.