Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
A & W

Coupons: Any size coffee for $1 and 2 for 1 apple turnovers (GTA/Ontario YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2019 5:58 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
nice. a&w has the best apple pies.
mikka2017 wrote: yup its sweetAF, i put mine in microwave for 30secs...hot and soggy lol...not sure if its crispy at first but its way sweeter then mcDs turns
they add the add the cinnamon sugar topping after they fry it so you can get them to adjust the amount they add to your liking. i find it a bit sweet as well so i ask them to sugar only one side of the pie and it's just right for me.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Is it baked or deep fried?
fried. that's why it's the best. nice and crispy.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1671 posts
2771 upvotes
i feel AW coffee is the best
my opinion..

AW>Mac>BK>SB>Tim

especially AW supply the ceramic cup ( you have to request it).
c8229518 wrote: is the coffee good? never tried.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
Jon Lai wrote: Awesome, just like the McD's pies in Asia :D
Just like McD's here until the early 90s! Sigh Confused Face
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Strafe1 wrote: Just like McD's here until the early 90s! Sigh Confused Face
Just tried it. I like it, will get more at thus price, but not at $1.50 each. I think I still like the Asian McD pies more though.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Aug 2, 2014
378 posts
65 upvotes
U4IA wrote: It's decent the few times I've tried it. It's funny because A&W, McDonalds and Wendys have decent coffee...but Tims is absolutely the worst coffee in my opinion.
Yea ever since they got bought out, they went full on cheap with the products I avoid it more then Macdonalds that's how bad the quality is for Tim hortons
I got that fireeeeeee
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Got the coffee this morning. The girl had no clue how to put in the system so ended up giving for free.
Dec 9, 2014
564 posts
438 upvotes
GTA
ben2003 wrote: i feel AW coffee is the best
my opinion..

AW>Mac>BK>SB>Tim

Is that Starbucks you have listed in fourth place? Starbucks regular coffee> the resr imo. Everything else tastes watery. However, McDonald's has stepped their game up in the past 3 years or so and they've surpassed timmies (not sure if they started using a different bean or just decided to add alot more water but it's not good anymore imo).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
c8229518 wrote: is the coffee good? never tried.
Coffee is pretty good. I like it comparable to McDonald’s. Tim Horton sucks
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Mar 25, 2015
360 posts
132 upvotes
where fire and disco…
ben2003 wrote: i feel AW coffee is the best
my opinion..

AW>Mac>BK>SB>Tim

ben2003 is bang-on with his assessment

a&w is my go-to if i ever need coffee on the road, and i am not near the local independent coffee house
good organic, fair-trade a&w coffee at a decent price, then mcd's, then i wait till i get home to make my own

their pies are good, but ask for fresh (as the older ones can be luke-warm at best)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
U4IA wrote: It's decent the few times I've tried it. It's funny because A&W, McDonalds and Wendys have decent coffee...but Tims is absolutely the worst coffee in my opinion.
Of these three, Wendy’s is the best one
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
Good offer. Thanks for sharing it, OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
Coffee is pretty good. I like it comparable to McDonald’s. Tim Horton sucks
pretty sure the AW near me, i got a 2 hour old coffee, not close to mcdonalds or even Druxy's coffee - pretty awful. To add insult to injury, they changed me an extra 0.20 for some reason.. i didnt bother pointing it out to the cashier. The 2 pies for $1.50 was good. i would only get their coffee going forward if it was part of their breakfast deal..

edit.. i just tripled down on the cream which made it more drinkable.. pretty awful to decent as last resort.

edit2 ..i ordered a large coffee, maybe that's why she charged me an extra 0.20 but the coupon clearly states any size $1. i am embarrass to let RFD down by letting the 0.20 go without a fight, it's a matter of rfd principle. .. lol
Last edited by wakka2u on Mar 22nd, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 31, 2008
244 posts
79 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: pretty sure the AW near me, i got a 2 hour old coffee, not close to mcdonalds or even Druxy's coffee - pretty awful. To add insult to injury, they changed me an extra 0.20 for some reason.. i didnt bother pointing it out to the cashier. The 2 pies for $1.50 was good. i would only get their coffee going forward if it was part of their breakfast deal..

edit.. i just tripled down on the cream which made it more drinkable.. pretty awful to decent as last resort.
Depends on the franchisee ... This case being charged for a medium coffee.
Value of coffee coupon is actually 49 cents which makes the small $1 (reg 1.49).
The location I went to ... was charged 1.39 for the pies.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
the location i went to charged me $1 for 2 pies. got them lightly sugared for the perfect sweetness level.
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
BC going back to offering the crapola offers.
I've been away for a while....
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
I find the coffee a little strong, but they don't seem to ever mind putting a shot of hot water in. The machines are right near the counter instead of having to walk 100 feet at some places.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)