• May 4th, 2019 7:13 am
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1004 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Stroshow wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:05 pm
Does anyone have a link to A&W promoting this deal?
Surely clicking the link in the OP and navigating to the coupons page is faster than waiting for someone on RFD to do it for you, but: https://awcoupon.ca/en
Oct 31, 2005
584 posts
154 upvotes
PRO TIP -

their app sucks, but when I was trying to order, I saw that extra onion, even GRILLED onions, are all free.

Asked this in store and was able to get those grilled onions which made the burger extra delicious.
Jun 2, 2012
5 posts
12 upvotes
SolitoLoko wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 12:54 pm
Double Teen is also $5.00

Enjoy it
Just enquired about it and was told it's 3.50 plus 1.99 extra for the double. So it comes to $5.49
Jan 4, 2010
580 posts
349 upvotes
Waterloo
wildem wrote: Just enquired about it and was told it's 3.50 plus 1.99 extra for the double. So it comes to $5.49
Depending on the store I guess, but I have see it on the their signs for $5
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1312 posts
757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not bad
Used to be $3 as I remember though
Aug 12, 2010
492 posts
110 upvotes
I noticed that their beyond meat burger has more fat and less protein than their teen burgers and the same calories. So much for healthy lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3261 posts
1942 upvotes
Toronto and London
weaser999 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 8:40 am
I noticed that their beyond meat burger has more fat and less protein than their teen burgers and the same calories. So much for healthy lol.
Perfect for keto.
Aug 10, 2007
352 posts
87 upvotes
I followed these threads for a while and was interested in trying their burgers out since most people were hyped about them.

A new location had opened up at Dupont and Christie in Toronto, so I finally went over with a coupon and sampled their Mozza burger and Teen burger. I didn't add anything extra so that I'd be able to taste them at their most "natural". I have to be honest here in saying that both were terrible and bleh. I also ordered a side of O-rings that I expected would be great considering the feed back I read in the past, but they were not worth the hype.

Things weren't starting off on the right foot considering the fact that the place was pretty much empty, yet I still had to wait close to 10 minutes to get my order. During that time, I watched as the "cook" grilled up a whole bunch of patties, then tossed them in a container to store in a drawer. That means they were pre-cooking these patties AND stilll taking forever to serve them up.

Perhaps this bad experience is location specific and things are better elsewhere, but I won't waste more money testing that theory out. All their coupons and flyers go straight to the recycling bin now. It's better to give a mom and pop shop more money for one tasty burger instead.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since I lost money, a deal is not a deal when the product or service is that bad.

p.s. I'm not down-voting as that wouldn't be fair to the OP. Just giving my two cents.
Dec 20, 2012
175 posts
77 upvotes
Surrey
It's unfortunate that this deal is only for the inferior Teen burger (or any beef burger for that matter), instead of the Beyond Meat Burger or Chubby Chicken Burger.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1771 posts
977 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
henrik112 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:11 am
It's unfortunate that this deal is only for the inferior Teen burger (or any beef burger for that matter), instead of the Beyond Meat Burger or Chubby Chicken Burger.
Those burgers cost more to make. At some locations, they will let you substitute the Mozza burger for the price of a teen.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2694 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
How are people ordering this...are you adding fries and a root beer to this?

Does the Teen burger combo also come down in price?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6681 posts
1418 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:39 pm
How are people ordering this...are you adding fries and a root beer to this?

Does the Teen burger combo also come down in price?
I don't think it does.

It's fine with me though, I don't typically get anything other than a burger, or 2.

Since there is no limit, in this case I would get 2 teens, and be on my way home to crush them.