Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
A & W

A&W Teen Burger $3.50 - IT'S BACK!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 11:39 am
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Thatdealguy wrote: they don't use Canadian beef anymore, right?
"A&W has declined to lay out just how much of its beef it buys here and abroad."
Source: http://www.canadianbusiness.com/lists-a ... s/a-and-w/

"Industry speculation is that between 5-20% of A&W beef is currently sourced in Canada. A&W has stated repeatedly that they will not discuss percentages."
Source: https://www.realagriculture.com/2016/03 ... -betrayal/
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
vkizzle wrote: 1,420 mg of salt is my only concern, but I still eat two at a time :)
It's probably significantly more salt than that, because the cook shakes a lot of seasoning salt onto the burger patty.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135829 upvotes
888888 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: "A&W has declined to lay out just how much of its beef it buys here and abroad."
Source: http://www.canadianbusiness.com/lists-a ... s/a-and-w/

"Industry speculation is that between 5-20% of A&W beef is currently sourced in Canada. A&W has stated repeatedly that they will not discuss percentages."
Source: https://www.realagriculture.com/2016/03 ... -betrayal/
Thanks for your information. I will probably skip A&W then. MCD has some pretty good deals on their app and it is 100% Canadian Beef on their advertisement.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
retrothing wrote: It's probably significantly more salt than that, because the cook shakes a lot of seasoning salt onto the burger patty.
this is how they cook all their burgers so i would assume they take that into account when getting their totals. an easy way to cut back on the salt is to tell them not to add the seasoning salt. they shake it on the patty right before cooking it.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: you might be gluten intolerant/celiacs
Surely you cannot be serious.

Someone feels fatigued after a big meal and your most likely explanation is gluten intolerance (which has no scientific definition whatsoever) or celiac disease (which actually exists)?
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15771 posts
11167 upvotes
ANONYT wrote: lettuce wrapped is great, didnt get that sleepiness-feeling afterwards lol
How well does the lettuce hold up?

Meaning if I buy the sandwich, and drive home ( less than 5 minutes ), would the lettuce still be crispy?

My wife would like this option, if I could get the burger home to her.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2015
1091 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tried it yesterday and i liked it!
If my post is helpful don't forget to hit that upvote!
Sep 2, 2017
235 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
Gutty96 wrote: How well does the lettuce hold up?

Meaning if I buy the sandwich, and drive home ( less than 5 minutes ), would the lettuce still be crispy?

My wife would like this option, if I could get the burger home to her.
the lettuce held up well, i bought it and walked back to work (15 mins) and seemed pretty good, the only thing was I should have asked for no sauce because it was a bit too drippy
i like my burgers plain anyway. seems like they used a generous amount of lettuce too
Jun 18, 2005
379 posts
1441 upvotes
This whole lettuce thing doesn't sit well with me at all.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
dingus wrote: This whole lettuce thing doesn't sit well with me at all.
no one is forcing you to do it. why do you care if others prefer it this way?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jun 18, 2005
379 posts
1441 upvotes
Because the world is changing and it scares me.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
whoa-albert wrote: They used to have $3 Uncle Burgers back in 2008 too. That's all I ate for a semester in uni.
Now teen burger deal becomes 2 for $7....maybe can expect 2 for $6 at some point
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2256 posts
5024 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: Don't think I've ever had this... How's it compared to the whopper? Tia
This has bacon and cheese. Thats all you really need to know.
May 27, 2011
575 posts
586 upvotes
Yoooo. You can get lettuce wrapped burgers at A&Dubs?!?!?!?! No wayyy.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3741 posts
3965 upvotes
Toronto
dealxtremeleecher wrote: *cannot be combined with any other promotional offer

Idk if it will work
Order drink separately from burger! ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Had one yesterday. So good.

Well worth $3.50. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1514 posts
1401 upvotes
Digital Gulag
Great burger... Shame I cannot say the same about the fries. Maybe will try the sweet potato or onion rings next time
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2052 posts
409 upvotes
GTA
Had two teen burgers for lunch the other day, pretty satisfying :) this over wendys that's for sure.
Oct 18, 2007
685 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
I prefer A&W burgers over mcd, burger king, harveys. I find they are a bit smaller but the taste is much better. Thanks op

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)