Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

[AB/BC/ON] Non-Shared Plan: 10GB Unlimited Nationwide $60 BYOP

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2017 9:09 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
kevdanga wrote: Can't agree with you. To argue every product should have national pricing isn't logical. Different regions, different competition, different costs etc. It's a free market and prices will reflect that. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, this is a great deal for us in BC/AB.
I'm not asking you or anyone to agree with me. It's ok to be a she eple...it's trending. BTW, this 60/10GB plan is not a great dea. It just so happens that BC is finally included, for a change. We disagree again, lol.
Oct 12, 2017
28 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
Just switched
PSA: Even if you are an existing Rogers customer, just ask to talk with retention. I have a BYOD plan with Rogers so basically I just said I want this deal and I can easily switch to Bell which has the same thing and they immediately changed the plan for me. Did it through online chatting and didn't take long at all. (Edmonton, AB)
Nov 22, 2017
42 posts
20 upvotes
Rogers/Fido always raises prices after some time. They did it with original iPhone 6gb plan, they did the same to the mobility customer on chatr .. If it was koodo / telus then it would definitely be a good deal. I'm sure they will offer that tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Can we apply corporate discounts to this? (i.e. federal government)
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1592 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Fido customer here. I was previously on a $57 Pulse Plan - 2GB/calling/int'l text/Spotify (2 years)/RoamLikeHome.
About 3 months ago Fido offered me bonus 2GB data for the next 12 months, expiring in Sept 2018.
Had two lines, second line had a 10% discount. Spotify just ended for me last month, so this was a nice promo to return to Rogers.

Ported both numbers to Rogers - lose out on int'l texting but get 10GB for 24 months as stated and 5GB for $60 thereafter.
Upfront cost for BYOD $10 + tax for SIM cards ($22.40 total for two SIM cards).
First invoice will show $25 x 2 lines in addition to wireless services of $60 per line.

Malls were quiet but I imagine this weekend will see a lot of lineups.
Jun 28, 2008
179 posts
90 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
sundoggy wrote: I don't see that deal on Rogers website anymore
It's still there, I just checked. Make sure it's set to AB or BC on the top right.
Feb 9, 2017
224 posts
302 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Okay, with Koodo, Rogers and Fido all offering this plan so far, which is the best choice? I am really looking at service and coverage. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
EducatorDave wrote: Okay, with Koodo, Rogers and Fido all offering this plan so far, which is the best choice? I am really looking at service and coverage. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Koodo is the only one of those 3 without a history of increasing the price once it's too late to jump to a cheaper one. Rogers and Fido have cheaper US Roaming plans though ($1 less per day and caps at $60 instead of $100).
Last edited by Firestorm on Dec 15th, 2017 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
EducatorDave wrote: Okay, with Koodo, Rogers and Fido all offering this plan so far, which is the best choice? I am really looking at service and coverage. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Go with Virgin Mobile. You get the better network compared to Fido/Rogers, and you get the better features (VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling) and customer service to compared to Koodo's crap.
May 15, 2012
148 posts
110 upvotes
Surrey
hvwozq wrote: Go with Virgin Mobile. You get the better network compared to Fido/Rogers, and you get the better features (VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling) and customer service to compared to Koodo's crap.
Isn't Virgin Wifi calling on iPhone only?
Feb 9, 2017
224 posts
302 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I am currently with Virgin but they do not seem to have very good plans lately. This $60 for 10GB seems great.
Jul 25, 2010
741 posts
955 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like this is aimed at getting people from discount carriers like PM to jump ship due to losing a significant amount of customer base in AB/BC. I wonder if other places will respond with counter offers.

Nice price for 10GB if you need it. I still would rather pay less for less data even if the $/GB aren't as great. I'm guessing these companies did the analysis and found people generally won't make anywhere near half the usage of the 10GB limit so in many ways will make profit without having to give up anything in return.
Aug 31, 2017
115 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DrAcX wrote: Looks like this is aimed at getting people from discount carriers like PM to jump ship due to losing a significant amount of customer base in AB/BC. I wonder if other places will respond with counter offers.

Nice price for 10GB if you need it. I still would rather pay less for less data even if the $/GB aren't as great. I'm guessing these companies did the analysis and found people generally won't make anywhere near half the usage of the 10GB limit so in many ways will make profit without having to give up anything in return.
This is probably true for most people that end up making the switch, but I definitely plan to use my 10GB once its available. I refrained from streaming games during my commutes for this very reason, and now I can Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Either way, with how data consumption is going, you're only going to need more in the future. Why not plan ahead (kinda like the 6GB for $30 when smartphones started becoming mainstream)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1722 upvotes
Does Rogers usually give bonus data a few months down the road like Fido?
Aug 20, 2013
21 posts
7 upvotes
Very easy to switch. Told them I would like the $60/10GB plan, they said it was for new customers only. I asked to speak to retention's as I would be switching providers. They then switched me plans. All done over the online chat.
Jul 19, 2010
173 posts
69 upvotes
has anyone been able to apply corporate discount to this plan?
Mar 25, 2007
186 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
I ported a line from Fido to Rogers for this promotion last night.
Currently, I still only see 5GB available in my account's page. The rep from live chat said that since it's a promotion, it wouldn't show up under the usage but she said she was able to see the bonus on her end. I told her that's a very difficult way (or even impossible) to monitor usage.
The same plan on Fido shows the full 10GB being available. Any insights?
Mar 16, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
BC
bakudan wrote: I ported a line from Fido to Rogers for this promotion last night.
Currently, I still only see 5GB available in my account's page. The rep from live chat said that since it's a promotion, it wouldn't show up under the usage but she said she was able to see the bonus on her end. I told her that's a very difficult way (or even impossible) to monitor usage.
The same plan on Fido shows the full 10GB being available. Any insights?

Likewise, couldn't see the extra 5 on the account page, but when I spoke to the Online chat rep, she said she could see it on her end.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2011
1340 posts
1199 upvotes
The fact that this is being offered on plans makes them the strongest carrier right now.

I'll wait for telus tomorro, but the 100 costco card might make this worth it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)