Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto

ABC 'The Good Doctor' Freddie Highmore David Shore (House) Daniel Dae Kim

Drama centered on a doctor on the autism spectrum made its debut last night and many people tuned in to sample

It is adapted from a Korean drama perhaps explaining Daniel Dae Kim's
producing credit.
Maybe some RFDers have seen the original?

I instead chose to check out the first of three military action dramas NBCs 'The Brave' but the Good Doctor pilot gets an encore airing on Bravo Saturday night

9 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16235 posts
1047 upvotes
Woodbridge
Doesn't look interesting but then again I said that about ME, MYSELF AND I and really liked it so I will watch this.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1019 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Have only seen the first episode but this appears to be excellent. Really like the “Bates’ Motel” actor as the doctor.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
Ratings for the first episode might've been curiosity at work but viewers apparently like what they saw all of them tuned in to the second episode giving ABC confidence to order the back nine

http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-good-do ... 202181349/

Highmore definitely gives a convincing performance and it's possible some of what made Forrest Gump hugely popular is at work here too YMMV
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16235 posts
1047 upvotes
Woodbridge
The cast grew on me pretty quickly. Which I believed I questioned.

I think it shows how AMAZING David Shore and his writers is!

I'm loving it, easily my favorite new series this year and let me tell you there's very little to pick from. ME, MYSELF AND I is the only other series I love.

Even last years series are starting to fade like Designated Survivor and Lucifer.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2030 posts
496 upvotes
Global Village
pmcd wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 3:51 pm
Have only seen the first episode but this appears to be excellent. Really like the “Bates’ Motel” actor as the doctor.
Never saw Bates Motel but I have to admit Highmore's acting is impressive in this. He has this ability to go from apparent emotionless to intense instantly and without betraying the autistic qualities of his character. You don't know what's he's thinking at any given moment and that keeps you watching to try to decipher him.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1399 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:40 am
Doogie Howser, M.D. 2017.
+1

Too many doctor and law shows.

Superhero shows are starting to clutter the air waves as well as special military force shows like Six, Taken, Seal Team, Brave, Valour etc.

I love it!

So many shows so little time!!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1019 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 10:55 pm
Even last years series are starting to fade like Designated Survivor and Lucifer.
I was wondering about. I really liked those shows last year but, while I still watch them, they both seem to have lost something. Same with a show called Shooter which seemed all over the map in its second year.