• Feb 26th, 2011 12:34 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
228 posts
45 upvotes

Abercrombie Online - Damaged item problem

so abercrombie had some really cheap stuff and id ecided to take advantage and make some purchases. One of the shirts was ripped when it came, so i emailed them and they told me to ship it back to them and they will give me new item but i was like why should i pay for shipping for their mistake? so i called their customer service and the guy said i can either get a refund and keep the ripped shirt..which was no use cause its basically a table rag as the cut ont he shirt is far too noticible, so i told him to send a replacement but the shirt i bought was out of stock so he said he will ship a different one.

he sent me an order confirmation with my old order + the replacement and an extra 40$ in taxes, shipping etc. he said there wont be any activity on my credit card, and it says processing for the replacement item under status for the past 3 days and i emailed but no reply. wondering if you guys have any solutions to this or if i should just keep waiting.
5 replies
Oct 24, 2007
526 posts
240 upvotes
I would just cancel whatever is going to be sent out and get a refund.
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
tata_2 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2011 9:03 pm
so abercrombie had some really cheap stuff and id ecided to take advantage and make some purchases. One of the shirts was ripped when it came, so i emailed them and they told me to ship it back to them and they will give me new item but i was like why should i pay for shipping for their mistake? so i called their customer service and the guy said i can either get a refund and keep the ripped shirt..which was no use cause its basically a table rag as the cut ont he shirt is far too noticible, so i told him to send a replacement but the shirt i bought was out of stock so he said he will ship a different one.

he sent me an order confirmation with my old order + the replacement and an extra 40$ in taxes, shipping etc. he said there wont be any activity on my credit card, and it says processing for the replacement item under status for the past 3 days and i emailed but no reply. wondering if you guys have any solutions to this or if i should just keep waiting.

sounds like you overpaid for the replacement.
why didnt you just take their offer and get a refund + keeping the shirt? maybe you can give it away or donate it. lol

or if you really wanted the replacement... ask them to refund you the shipping/tax or whatever if it doesnt look right.

by the way, if you're near a A&F store, you can return it there for free.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
228 posts
45 upvotes
in retrospect i should of just taken the refund, should of known better haha, probabaly just going to return to store and get a refund seeing that i probabaly wont get the replacement ...seems to be in an eternal state of processing
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
tata_2 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2011 9:03 pm

It looks to me like you were hoping for something a little extra for your 'trouble'. What the representative offered was quite reasonable - a refund for a defective item, and you can do whatever you want with the defective item. You definitely should have accepted that, and yes - you should have known better. :lol:
[OP]
Dec 24, 2006
228 posts
45 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Feb 25th, 2011 11:31 pm
It looks to me like you were hoping for something a little extra for your 'trouble'. What the representative offered was quite reasonable - a refund for a defective item, and you can do whatever you want with the defective item. You definitely should have accepted that, and yes - you should have known better. :lol:

i went to eaton center and all the on sale shirts were like XL. and their shirts make you look hella big haha so wanted to get a replacement but oh well haha.