• Feb 27th, 2011 12:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
32 upvotes

abercrombie policy

anyone ever cancel a order or change an order from these guys before? I basically submitted an order last night and noticed I made the wrong order for an item. I then emailed them right away within 10 minutes explaining my situation and which item to switch with to make it correct.

I wake up this morning and they say there is nothing that can be done because once you submit an order it is processed right away, and there is nothing they can do about it.

So if this is true, my question is, why then even have a option on their website about order changes and cancelling orders if it can't even be done according to them. and second, my status on their site says 'processing' and not 'processed' so its apparently not 'processed' right away like they told me.

did I get an imcompetent csr or am i missing something?
5 replies
Oct 26, 2010
898 posts
1249 upvotes
enter wrote:
Feb 27th, 2011 2:42 am
anyone ever cancel a order or change an order from these guys before? I basically submitted an order last night and noticed I made the wrong order for an item. I then emailed them right away within 10 minutes explaining my situation and which item to switch with to make it correct.

I wake up this morning and they say there is nothing that can be done because once you submit an order it is processed right away, and there is nothing they can do about it.

So if this is true, my question is, why then even have a option on their website about order changes and cancelling orders if it can't even be done according to them. and second, my status on their site says 'processing' and not 'processed' so its apparently not 'processed' right away like they told me.

Try calling them directly?
Sometimes they don't respond to e-mail or claim to have no control over these issue, but when you actually call them, they might do it for you.
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
enter wrote:

you should have called them right away. they ship out your order within 1-2 days.
so its likely that your order was released to the warehouse overnight before they saw your email.

dont worry though, they will offer to ship you ("exchange") merchandise that you wanted for free if its in stock.
and you can return the stuff at a A&F store (if you're close to one).
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
[OP]
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
32 upvotes
AcidBomber wrote:
Feb 27th, 2011 3:31 am
you should have called them right away. they ship out your order within 1-2 days.
so its likely that your order was released to the warehouse overnight before they saw your email.

dont worry though, they will offer to ship you ("exchange") merchandise that you wanted for free if its in stock.
and you can return the stuff at a A&F store (if you're close to one).

thanks for the reply. unfortunately I am from vancouver and no AF store here! i will give them a call though
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19020 posts
1475 upvotes
enter wrote:

If he is anything like the CSRs who work in the store then probably he was just too busy doing stomach crunches and popping his collar to look into the problem.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
32 upvotes
thanks for the reply guys haha....i just phoned in instead and was told something totally different, which they were able to change or cancel my orders if it hasnt shipped yet, which makes sense. I have no idea what their email team is smoking but everything was resolved through phone!