Entrepreneurship & Small Business

about sourcing and import snack food from China.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2018 10:36 am
[OP]
Nov 6, 2018
1 posts

about sourcing and import snack food from China.

New wholesale business in Toronto looking to purchase large number of snack food(Instant Noodles and puffed food) from China.

1. please feel free to contact me if you can recommend any sourcing and import agent.

2. what kind of document do I need to submit in order to sell import food in Canada? what do I need to know ?

Thanks or advice!
1 reply
Feb 7, 2018
22 posts
3 upvotes
It's difficult to import food. There are a lot of regulations and hoops you have to jump through to get it approved in Canada. You need to go through Canadian Food Inspections Agency: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... drugs.html

I would recommend doing your research and being your own agent at first so you can understand the process. Once you have that under your belt, look to hire someone to be your agent. This way you will know if they are good at what they do.

As for sourcing, look at Alibaba.com. They MAY have food, they have everything else. Short of that, go to the manufacturer in China and broker a deal. Chinese business tends to favour face-to-face interaction over digital, so a trip to China may be in order.

Justyn

PS. I am not an import agent, I just have a few years of experience importing things from China - all of which were under free trade so I didn't need import papers.