• May 21st, 2014 3:55 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 22, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
Rosem

Above Ground Pools

Im looking to purchase a new above ground pool, round 24 ft, hybrid resin/steel, salt water and possibly a water heater. Apart from Trevi & Club Piscine, are there any other good retailers around the greater Montreal area, or north shore?
Any tips/advice on purchasing the pool? Do I need the water heater?
Which is better, Trevi or Club Piscine, or other?

Thanks for your help... :D
8 replies
Nov 21, 2012
6 posts
VAL-B
Buy a full resin if you intend on putting a salt filtration système or you might have corrosion problème.
Mar 23, 2012
277 posts
89 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I would recommend a heater as unless you get a good hot streach the pool water will always be cold. A solar panel works to but a gas or electric heater keeps it warm even when its not sunny out. If you get a solar panel be sure to get a timer for it so it circulates daytime only
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
Perhaps I've been misled, but a pool heater for an aboveground pool seems like an expensive idea...
Mar 23, 2012
277 posts
89 upvotes
WINNIPEG
A gas heater can be pricy though solar is affordable but less effective. All depends how warm of water you want, less than 80 degrees can be pretty cool. On a hot sunny day our solar panel would get our above ground to 90 degrees which was super nice. Having a gas heater will greatly extend your swimming season but a heater is around $1000 plus instalation plus the gas you use. Though with it you could swim comfortably april to seprember if you wanted to.
Jan 5, 2006
606 posts
40 upvotes
Whitby
Try a local pool store. I bought mine last year and went to the big box stores (Trevi, Club Piscine, etc).. Ended up buying a better pool (full resin) from a local pool store for about $600 cheaper than the competitors. Also, my pool ended up looking exactly the same (i emphasize "EXACTLY" ) the same as my neighbor's pool where they bought it at Club Piscine.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5737 upvotes
If u need the motor, i have one brand new one to let go. Never used before. Pm me if i interested
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2206 posts
314 upvotes
Montreal
Wait for the end of the season. Then buy and have them install next year. You will save a ton of money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)