Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3757 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto

Abuse of the downvoting system

People like to downvote for no legit reason. Some people just downvote for the fun of it or because others are doing too since there are basically no repercusions for downvoting. Maybe show us who are downvoting (like as if showing who has upvoted your post) so people will stop abusing it.

TIA
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Share:
2 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2212 posts
108 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 11:25 pm
People like to downvote for no legit reason. Some people just downvote for the fun of it or because others are doing too since there are basically no repercusions for downvoting. Maybe show us who are downvoting (like as if showing who has upvoted your post) so people will stop abusing it.

TIA
I understand where you're coming from but I feel like this is going to lead to whole bunch a of animosity within the community. I am for showing the names of people who choose to down vote but the repercussion aren't going to be good if people take it personally.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8366 posts
12708 upvotes
Scarborough
Downvotes for replies are being removed as mentioned in the much larger thread on the subject. There is no exact ETA but as soon as that’s known it will be shared with the community.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].