Academic Petition

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2018 10:33 pm
[OP]
Apr 5, 2018
3 posts

Academic Petition

Hi
I have submitted an academic petition to York university. I was denied. Now I need to submit an appeal form of decisions.
anyone knows what documents I can bring as new evidences?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2332 posts
619 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm guessing that would depend on the decision you're appealing and on what grounds you're appealing it.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
elishaaa wrote:
Apr 6th, 2018 2:54 pm
Hi
I have submitted an academic petition to York university. I was denied. Now I need to submit an appeal form of decisions.
anyone knows what documents I can bring as new evidences?
Good luck. My ex is a prof at York u, and I know he’s been through many academic petitions filed by students ... and they’re always rejected.
Hope you have a mind-blowing, state-of-the-art defence.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1042 posts
52 upvotes
MrsPotato wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 4:10 pm
Good luck. My ex is a prof at York u, and I know he’s been through many academic petitions filed by students ... and they’re always rejected.
Hope you have a mind-blowing, state-of-the-art defence.
Definitely depends on the reason. Were you just too lazy/partied too hard? Prob going to get rejected...Did a family member pass away/get sick and you had to take care of them? Probably will be approved...

I've been through this process at York (my case was the latter in the two examples above...) PM me if you have any questions or want to know more about what my experience was like.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2018
3 posts
My case was a disease
I got a letter from my family physician
Thanks
I will send you a message
Jan 30, 2018
26 posts
8 upvotes
I went to York. I had to submit a petition in 2010. I remember I typed close to 6 pages single spaced. My reasoning was simply that I was new to university and struggled to grasp the course load. I was successfull and 2 courses were removed from my transcript.
May 19, 2015
983 posts
383 upvotes
tekkspekk29 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 2:27 am
I went to York. I had to submit a petition in 2010. I remember I typed close to 6 pages single spaced. My reasoning was simply that I was new to university and struggled to grasp the course load. I was successfull and 2 courses were removed from my transcript.
D*MN really? Lol wow schools are really getting lax... no offence to you or anything but that's like most students when they enter university.. its why first year marks are usually sh*t... doesn't mean you get to pretend that it didn't happen and have it erased completely from your transcript... just. wow.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Sep 29, 2014
200 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SignedA wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 12:14 am
D*MN really? Lol wow schools are really getting lax... no offence to you or anything but that's like most students when they enter university.. its why first year marks are usually sh*t... doesn't mean you get to pretend that it didn't happen and have it erased completely from your transcript... just. wow.
York has a first year leniency policy where they will erase your transcript and it will be a clean slate. To clarify, is this an academic petition or grade appeal? I have done successful grade appeals at York.
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49356 posts
14613 upvotes
Grade Appeal is to get a higher grade whereas a valid reason for Academic Petition is to wipe off grades/courses?

If we drop off the course before midterm, will it show on our transcripts?
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49356 posts
14613 upvotes
tekkspekk29 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 2:27 am
This is what I'm telling my child. I said she has four courses in Grade 12 whereas when she attends university, there will be 5-6/semester and the difficulty will be a few notches higher, especially if it's a competitive program.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1381 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 10:57 pm
Grade Appeal is to get a higher grade whereas a valid reason for Academic Petition is to wipe off grades/courses?

If we drop off the course before midterm, will it show on our transcripts?
Grade appeal is usually to re mark the course assignments, grades could go up, stay the same, or could even actually be marked lower.

Petition isn’t necessarily to wipe it off. It’s unusual to wipe it clean actually. You can get an assessed grade or a course withdrawl, but usually some kind of record or notation stands on the transcript.

As for dropping courses, depends on the timing, its usually very clear in the academic calendar.