None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
2370 posts
50 upvotes

Acanac Internet

Hey guys, need some advice.

I'm planning to sign up for Acanac as I just cancelled Rogers Cable Internet, as they're the best option it seems right now until Teksavvy gets their act together. So does anyone have experience as to make the transfer from Rogers/Bell to Acanac without any downtime? I know Teksavvy you can run their provisioned modem concurrently with Rogers but it doesn't seem like Acanac can. I've had a couple of friends that has good comments for Acanac so I decided to give them a try.

Please let me know as I must sign up soon as I just cancelled Rogers last Friday. Thanks
32 replies
Feb 2, 2009
500 posts
37 upvotes
Kanata
If avoiding downtime is your main concern, then you should order the Acanac modem (if you need to) at least two weeks before the last day of your Rogers service. I have been using Acanac for couple of years now. I remember I had to wait 3 days for the modem to arrive and then at least 5 business days more before they activated the ADSL service.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
when i made the switch, just to be safe i told them to start billing before the rogers period ended by a couple of days.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11277 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
I did exactly what the other members have suggested. I switched from Rogers to Bell Fibe. My Bell Fibe service started Saturday and my Rogers service ends Nov 2. Since they run on different networks and cables, this was the best way to ensure I did not have an interruption in service.
Feb 1, 2010
117 posts
11 upvotes
my acanac internet ended sept 2011. so i can give u some exp that i have.
there are 2 thing u need to search before getting the service.
how far is your location to their tower/bell. the further the less speed u get, i only get around 350kps download. and customer service take around 30 min to wait.
so if that 2 thing ok with you then it worth to get the internet.

acanac have cable internet service for just a litter higher than dsl for 1 year. so i recommend u should go for it since there will be a tech come and install it for you.

if u stick with Dsl , which i used, then this is what it is:
modem will take at least 1 week to arrive (must be send the week before), you can always pick it up at their office so it faster.
switching from roger cable to bell also take 1 week, so you should schedule them right away.
so if you plan ahead 2 week then you should be fine. start by order modem then get the roger cancel + bell install.
if there is down time, just go to library or coffee shop for free wifi . :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
2370 posts
50 upvotes
I'm going with Acanac Cable 15/1. I'm near Warden & Hwy7. However, the ordering process seems to be online only when filling out that form? I guess I can order a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and send them my MAC address and Serial # to hopefully speed up the process?
Aug 10, 2011
236 posts
23 upvotes
CAMPBELLFORD
Note, it can take Rogers(who are our installers for Cable internet) up to 8 business days to confirm installation date currently. We are running a bit behind. For this reason I suggest at least two weeks before your old service ends.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
2370 posts
50 upvotes
Hi Lynn, so do I put that in the field of the order form which says the date I will be cancelling Rogers?

Also, is the Motorola SB6121 modem supported by Acanac/Rogers? I heard it is basically the same thing as the SB6120
Aug 10, 2011
236 posts
23 upvotes
CAMPBELLFORD
White Comet wrote:
Oct 11th, 2011 1:20 pm
Hi Lynn, so do I put that in the field of the order form which says the date I will be cancelling Rogers?

Yes please state the date of cancellation with rogers and date you would like service.

Also, is the Motorola SB6121 modem supported by Acanac/Rogers? I heard it is basically the same thing as the SB6120
Yes that modem is fine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
2370 posts
50 upvotes
Thanks for the confirmation, as for this question "Hi Lynn, so do I put that in the field of the order form which says the date I will be cancelling Rogers?"

Can you advise if I can put an earlier date?
Banned
May 9, 2010
296 posts
8 upvotes
Khanada
White Comet wrote:
Oct 11th, 2011 1:34 pm
Thanks for the confirmation, as for this question "Hi Lynn, so do I put that in the field of the order form which says the date I will be cancelling Rogers?"

Can you advise if I can put an earlier date?

LOVE how she totally ignor the question, thats called selective answering
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
1760 posts
47 upvotes
Markham, ON
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression of Teksavvy Cable is experiencing congestion / speed issues, Acanac Cable would experiencethe same issues.
Aug 10, 2011
236 posts
23 upvotes
CAMPBELLFORD
PA0L0 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2011 2:20 pm
LOVE how she totally ignor the question, thats called selective answering
No selective answering here. To answer the question, yes you can put in an earlier date. They will let you know the earliest date they have available.
Banned
May 9, 2010
296 posts
8 upvotes
Khanada
LynnAnneP wrote:
Oct 12th, 2011 7:21 am
No selective answering here. To answer the question, yes you can put in an earlier date. They will let you know the earliest date they have available.

Why couldn't you just answer it earlier when you answered the persons other question? even white comet said so himself too.
× < >